There are 270 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Was it my imagination, or was Harbaugh calling the plays from the sideline?
Who's got it better then us???? NOOOOOOBODY!
Originally posted by adrenaline:
Was it my imagination, or was Harbaugh calling the plays from the sideline?

Someone mentioned how Roman probably picks them and Harbaugh gives his opinion or maybe vetos it. Maybe Harbaugh is giving Roman an idea of what he wants like aggressive passing this drive or run this drive or hurry up and Roman picks plays from there. Could be that Harbaugh is just relaying them but I doubt it because you only see him over there calling them once in a while. Relaying every one would probably be a problem as we found out last year. Also, arm band late last year... good idea!!! Glad we finally got with it after how many years.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 2, 2011 at 11:24 PM ]
love seeing so much energy in the locker room after the game. it was also great to see Crabtree standing right in front with a big ass smile on his face during Harbaugh's post game locker room speech. The scene resulting from J.Smith's forced fumble was one that wont soon be forgotten - after the fumble is recovered and Smith approaches the sideline, he's mobbed by about 20 of his team mates/team personnel in celebration. It'd be sweet if someone could freeze frame a good angle of that moment. I'm so freaking jacked up. This team has really come together and it shows. Everyone has the same goal - Win. Go Niners!
[ Edited by daWest on Oct 2, 2011 at 11:42 PM ]
Originally posted by daWest:
love seeing so much energy in the locker room after the game. it was also great to see Crabtree standing right in front with a big ass smile on his face during Harbaugh's post game locker room speech. The scene resulting from J.Smith's forced fumble was one that wont soon be forgotten - after the fumble is recovered and Smith approaches the sideline, he's mobbed by about 20 of his team mates/team personnel in celebration. It'd be sweet if someone could freeze frame a good angle of that moment. I'm so freaking jacked up. This team has really come together and it shows. Everyone has the same goal - Win. Go Niners!

Well said.
2nd and 8 on the 9 yard line. The Niners came out with 3 WR's, 1 TE, and 1 RB formation. Spread out wide. The result was Vernon's TD. I love seeing a little imagination in the offense. We've gotten so used to pound it up the gut for 1 yard, but it's nice to see us looking like a real team that can attack a teams' defense.
Didn't know if this was already posted, or if it deserves it's own thread, but this game will be on NFL replay!!

"On NFL Replay NFL Replay will re-air the San Francisco 49ers' 24-23 win over the Philadelphia Eagles on Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 9:30 p.m. ET."

Originally posted by nflguy49:
The Eagles have now lost three straight games. It's a big win but I wouldn't say we beat a strong team. The eagles are struggling and have one of the worst run defenses in the NFL.

That pass defense didn't look too hot either.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
LMAO. Same here. I've seen some dumb things happen on a football field, but that might be the worst.

I think the play a couple of years ago where DeSean Jackson dropped the ball on purpose before crossing the goal line after a wide open pass was just as dumb. Eagles don't seem to have a lot of football smart players.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
The Eagles have now lost three straight games. It's a big win but I wouldn't say we beat a strong team. The eagles are struggling and have one of the worst run defenses in the NFL.

alex did have the best passing stats of eli manning matt ryan and bradford against them though

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

alex did have the best passing stats of eli manning matt ryan and bradford against them though

yea, that was no fluke either. Alex's passes were on point yesterday. Even that bomb to Crabtree that fell incomplete was right where it needed to be.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lmao, wtf was this dude thinking???? thanks tho!

when he to up after the play, he was signaling to the coach, "I threw it, incomplete pass"
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

yea, that was no fluke either. Alex's passes were on point yesterday. Even that bomb to Crabtree that fell incomplete was right where it needed to be.

The Eagles are a strong team they just lack momentum at the moment. No need to list the wealth of talent they have on top of a solid coaching foundation AND at home. The fact that Ryan, Manning, and the Rams' savior Bradford each could not outplay Alex is high praise. Kudos to Crabtree for working Nnamdi and then juking him.

REDEEMED!
[ Edited by sf49ersx11 on Oct 3, 2011 at 5:45 AM ]
mattbarrows
Must disturburb his fashion sense. @valrod33: Whats up w/ Costanzo at game's end bugging Harbaugh about untucking his (harbaughs) shirt?
Originally posted by valrod33:
mattbarrows
Must disturburb his fashion sense. @valrod33: Whats up w/ Costanzo at game's end bugging Harbaugh about untucking his (harbaughs) shirt?

Noticed that and it must be an inside joke...though Harbaugh didn't look amused.
Share 49ersWebzone