LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The player of the game is Frank Gore.

The go ahead TD drive was dominated by Gore and Hunter. The final drive when the niners simply needed a first down or two to secure the win (and the eagles were putting everyone at the LOS to stop the run, Gore still rumbled for 5 yards a carry and sealed the win.
Originally posted by nflguy49:

The go ahead TD drive was dominated by Gore and Hunter. The final drive when the niners simply needed a first down or two to secure the win (and the eagles were putting everyone at the LOS to stop the run, Gore still rumbled for 5 yards a carry and sealed the win.

Why can't the line block like that all the time...

Also, I know you don't like Smith, but considering who we were playing against and their strengths and weaknesses, I think Smith should be the bigger story.
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Oct 3, 2011 at 7:49 AM ]
I don't dislike Alex but he has sucked for a long time and still hasn't played a complete game (played well for an entire game). Yesterday was awesome though and he stepped it up bigtime in the 2nd half. He played a big part in that victory but it was Frank Gore that came through in the clutch and put us over the top.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Also, I know you don't like Smith, but considering who we were playing against and their strengths and weaknesses, I think Smith should be the bigger story.

We were playing against the now 1-3 eagles. That highly touted secondary has not played well this season.
I don't dislike Alex but he has sucked for a long time and still hasn't played a complete game (played well for an entire game). Yesterday was awesome though and he stepped it up bigtime in the 2nd half. He played a big part in that victory but it was Frank Gore that came through in the clutch and put us over the top.

Totally agree

Because the passing game opened up the run, it's WCO at it's finest!

Even if Smith goes on to have a HOF career, Niner fans are going to complain and say he sucked for the first 6 years of his career.

Ridiculous...
Originally posted by SoTx9R:

Totally agree

When has the TEAM ever played well for an entire game? It takes more than just one guy to execute on every snap, hell even before the snap. So if you can ask yourself that question you'll have your answer.
[ Edited by redmanc07 on Oct 3, 2011 at 8:27 AM ]

We were playing against the now 1-3 eagles. That highly touted secondary has not played well this season.

After yesterdays game they give up 217 per game putting them at 11th. Not what they are paid for but still good nonetheless And like another poster said thats the best game against them this year out of Ryan, Eli and Bradford. What does a complete game matter? Is this baseball?
[ Edited by redmanc07 on Oct 3, 2011 at 8:29 AM ]

Philly is on teh front page of ESPN every f******ing day, they loose to a great comeback and it's not even in the top headlines!!!!

I LOVE JUSTIN SMITH I LOVE GORE I LOVE ALEX SMITH I LOVE DAVIS I FRIGGIN LOVE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He played a complete game. He had a few unfortunate drops early, but he played a complete game. If QB's played complete games, we would see a lot of 6 TD games.

Through 4 games, Alex Smith has yet to be the reason why we lose and has been a big part in us winning every game.
Originally posted by Joecool:

He played a complete game. He had a few unfortunate drops early, but he played a complete game. If QB's played complete games, we would see a lot of 6 TD games.

Through 4 games, Alex Smith has yet to be the reason why we lose and has been a big part in us winning every game.

You tell 'em Joe!
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
I'm loving it at work right now, the silence of eagles/cowboys fans here
You will never get through to that one. Watched him for a long time. He will never come around to Alex Smith.

Glad to see you somewhat staying open, JC... backwards compliments at times or not.
Share 49ersWebzone