There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***SF 49ERS VS. OAK RAIDERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Week 2)***

Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
The Raiders always make the Niners look good. Can't take much away from this.

Pessimism...

How is it pessimistic? It's true. The Niners have looked good against the Raiders for a number of years now. I want to see the Niners play well against the Texans.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It's only one good preseason, but it's been a while since I've seen our offense played with a crispness, and guys look like they know where exactly they are going on the field.
Agree

Originally posted by SportsFan:
Anyone read the Harbaugh Q&A on the main page? He talked about the INT. Loved what he had to say. They talked about it and it is correctable and they will work on it in practice. When was the last time we heard that from a coach.

Exactly. Sing wouldnt have even known how to respond. Probably just criticize his players.
It's only one good preseason, but it's been a while since I've seen our offense played with a crispness, and guys look like they know where exactly they are going on the field.

I haven't seen a 49er game in a long time where they had so many sustained drives. I've become used to punting 4 times to start the game
Finally something to about. Who cares if it was the Raiders. Their Defense is no group of slouches. We moved the ball well.

Houston's offense will definitely test our Defense next week. GO NINERS
Originally posted by carlgo:
My take:

Light travels 186,000 miles per second. Multiply that by the number of seconds in a year. That is a light year. A long, long distance. That's how much better the coaching is over last year.

Now we see everyone looking good, often several deep at every position because they are used in a way that uses their talents, rather than having to play in a wingnut system that put everyone at a disadvantage.

The team has talent. Heck, they won games last year. Looking back, that almost seems impossible. It turns out that the drafts were good, it was the coaching that was bad.

Smith looks like he will do well in this offense, but CK just has so much talent. When he is instinctive out there it will be hard to keep him out. It could happen that Smith is doing well, having his best year by far and still CK comes in simply because he is better.

Having so much talent isn't enough to do well in an offense. A. Smith had a lot of potentials when he was drafted, but he was a project, and practically cratered when rushed into the starting job.

If he does well statistically this year, Smith has a lot of choices next year. If the writing is on the wall with Kaepernick starting at some point in the future, Smith very well jump ship even if the 49ers want him to stay one or two more years. There are simply too many teams in need of a QB who can start for a team. The Cardinals megadeal for Kolb - a still unproven QB - is the sign of the time.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I used to live in East Brunswick... Ever golf at Hominy Hill or Howell/?

I know this is way off topic...

im from Jersey to Edison
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Finally something to about. Who cares if it was the Raiders. Their Defense is no group of slouches. We moved the ball well.

Houston's offense will definitely test our Defense next week. GO NINERS

Yeah, can't take anything away from them; Raiders 1st/2nd-team pass rush blitzed the crap out of the Cards last week, turning Kolb into a mediocre check-down machine for the most part (besides that one decent pass to Fitz).
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
"Smith struggles, but 49ers knock off rival Raiders"

Smith struggles? Are you f**king kidding me? From NFL.com of all places. It seems sports reporters get lazier and lazier these days. They probably saw he had 1 pick and decided he "struggled." Michael Vick throws 3 ints, but all is ok because he is Vick. Smith throws one pick (in a very solid performance) and gets trashed everywhere. Give credit where credit is due NFL.com. I thought he impressed and should get atleast 1 week of praise before the next game. Dammit

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011082052/2011/PRE2/raiders@49ers#tab:recap

I saw that, It irked me but I decided to ignore it. Right now Smith only needs harbaugh and the fan base behind him.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
I saw that, It irked me but I decided to ignore it. Right now Smith only needs harbaugh and the fan base behind him.

Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
"Smith struggles, but 49ers knock off rival Raiders"

Smith struggles? Are you f**king kidding me? From NFL.com of all places. It seems sports reporters get lazier and lazier these days. They probably saw he had 1 pick and decided he "struggled." Michael Vick throws 3 ints, but all is ok because he is Vick. Smith throws one pick (in a very solid performance) and gets trashed everywhere. Give credit where credit is due NFL.com. I thought he impressed and should get atleast 1 week of praise before the next game. Dammit

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011082052/2011/PRE2/raiders@49ers#tab:recap

Yeah wtf up with reporters nowaday don't they know that smith's passer rating improved yesterday fto a superb 61.7 from week 1's 39.6???!!!

come on now damint!!!
I know it was just the Raiders but it was a huge relief to see last nights game compared to the game with the aints!
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:

3. CK. What the heck! Either he's slow at processing plays, or the coaches suck at game planning. Those two back-to-back sacks out of the shotgun. Those were terrible. Especially after New Orleans, you'd expect that they'd have installed the quick outlet. He saw the blitz coming, instead of dancing he needed the quick read. Obviously not ready. Has a good arm though. And accurate. He's not awed by the game.

This can only be tamed/polished through 'live-action' experience; playing one game after the other, catching up with the speed of the game. -It's like being a teenager all over again, driving a newer model car with overly-smooth power-steering for the first time; more you drive and get used to it, the more handling it becomes second nature.

Edit: Also, you cannot blame the first sack on Kaep, Goodwin blew a stunt, plain and clear, even gave up after he was blown (didn't even care to hold onto his guy as the NT came rushing towards his QB). -What a joke, is Goodwin serious about playing for this team, or is he just taking this job as a retirement luxury cause he already has a ring?
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Aug 21, 2011 at 11:16 AM ]
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Exactly. Sing wouldnt have even known how to respond. Probably just criticize his players.
Or he'd say something about having to check film.
Originally posted by saniner:

I haven't seen a 49er game in a long time where they had so many sustained drives. I've become used to punting 4 times to start the game

Yeah, everybody wants to say "but it's the Raiders, we always clobber them in preseason", this was nothing like last year's PS game (or many before that), nor even close to the '10 regular season game. -We haven't had this many sustained drives within a preseason game in a very long, long time (and we're running a first-year vanilla version of a very complicated offense, full of complicated verbiage).
Originally posted by danielxcdt:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Or he'd say something about having to check film.

And then never get back with the answer - either to the press or on the field.