LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

***SF 49ERS VS. OAK RAIDERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Week 2)***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Anyone read the Harbaugh Q&A on the main page? He talked about the INT. Loved what he had to say. They talked about it and it is correctable and they will work on it in practice. When was the last time we heard that from a coach.
Originally posted by njniner499:
central monmouth county
I used to live in East Brunswick... Ever golf at Hominy Hill or Howell/?

I know this is way off topic...
I have never said ONE positive word about Alex since Ive joined the webzone...he played a great game last night...looked worlds better than last week...just a few mistakes...but overall played a good game, made good decisions, happy feet were gone, passes were on target, hope to see him continue to play like this!
It was very encouraging to see they made the necessary adjustments from the first game. I thought the offensive playcalling was very well mixed, aside from the calls in the goal to go situations in the first half.

All and all a very good showing.
Jersey shore in the house!
what happened to the thread started last night about the violence at Candlestick started by raider fans? get erased? Some fan got beaten Unconscious in the bathroom too.
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
The Raiders always make the Niners look good. Can't take much away from this.

Pessimism...

How is it pessimistic? It's true. The Niners have looked good against the Raiders for a number of years now. I want to see the Niners play well against the Texans.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It's only one good preseason, but it's been a while since I've seen our offense played with a crispness, and guys look like they know where exactly they are going on the field.
Agree

Originally posted by SportsFan:
Anyone read the Harbaugh Q&A on the main page? He talked about the INT. Loved what he had to say. They talked about it and it is correctable and they will work on it in practice. When was the last time we heard that from a coach.

Exactly. Sing wouldnt have even known how to respond. Probably just criticize his players.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It's only one good preseason, but it's been a while since I've seen our offense played with a crispness, and guys look like they know where exactly they are going on the field.

I haven't seen a 49er game in a long time where they had so many sustained drives. I've become used to punting 4 times to start the game

Finally something to about. Who cares if it was the Raiders. Their Defense is no group of slouches. We moved the ball well.

Houston's offense will definitely test our Defense next week. GO NINERS
Originally posted by carlgo:
My take:

Light travels 186,000 miles per second. Multiply that by the number of seconds in a year. That is a light year. A long, long distance. That's how much better the coaching is over last year.

Now we see everyone looking good, often several deep at every position because they are used in a way that uses their talents, rather than having to play in a wingnut system that put everyone at a disadvantage.

The team has talent. Heck, they won games last year. Looking back, that almost seems impossible. It turns out that the drafts were good, it was the coaching that was bad.

Smith looks like he will do well in this offense, but CK just has so much talent. When he is instinctive out there it will be hard to keep him out. It could happen that Smith is doing well, having his best year by far and still CK comes in simply because he is better.

Having so much talent isn't enough to do well in an offense. A. Smith had a lot of potentials when he was drafted, but he was a project, and practically cratered when rushed into the starting job.

If he does well statistically this year, Smith has a lot of choices next year. If the writing is on the wall with Kaepernick starting at some point in the future, Smith very well jump ship even if the 49ers want him to stay one or two more years. There are simply too many teams in need of a QB who can start for a team. The Cardinals megadeal for Kolb - a still unproven QB - is the sign of the time.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I used to live in East Brunswick... Ever golf at Hominy Hill or Howell/?

I know this is way off topic...

im from Jersey to Edison
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Finally something to about. Who cares if it was the Raiders. Their Defense is no group of slouches. We moved the ball well.

Houston's offense will definitely test our Defense next week. GO NINERS

Yeah, can't take anything away from them; Raiders 1st/2nd-team pass rush blitzed the crap out of the Cards last week, turning Kolb into a mediocre check-down machine for the most part (besides that one decent pass to Fitz).
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
"Smith struggles, but 49ers knock off rival Raiders"

Smith struggles? Are you f**king kidding me? From NFL.com of all places. It seems sports reporters get lazier and lazier these days. They probably saw he had 1 pick and decided he "struggled." Michael Vick throws 3 ints, but all is ok because he is Vick. Smith throws one pick (in a very solid performance) and gets trashed everywhere. Give credit where credit is due NFL.com. I thought he impressed and should get atleast 1 week of praise before the next game. Dammit

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011082052/2011/PRE2/raiders@49ers#tab:recap

I saw that, It irked me but I decided to ignore it. Right now Smith only needs harbaugh and the fan base behind him.
Share 49ersWebzone