LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

***SF 49ERS VS. OAK RAIDERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Week 2)***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Does anyone know what time/when its gonna be aired on NFL network?
Better decisions and better ball placement. I was pleasantly surprised with his performance. And we should sign Edwards to a long term contract NOW.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Was reading my local paper here in NO, and the write-up on Alex was also very negative. Just talked about how he threw a pick and couldn't get the team in the endzone. This sure didn't sound right to me from what I saw of the game and read on here. Alex just has such a bad image to those that don't pay close attention.

The 9ers were the team picked by many to be #1 in the west the past two years and many seem to blame Smith rather than Singletary for the failure. Singletary is a hall of fame guy, Smith has been an underacheiver. Until he has the accuracy he demonstrated last night game in and game out, he will be "bad Alex" to the press.

This is not all bad as it is good to be underrated. If the 9ers get to and into the playoffs a few games the image will change.
My take:

Light travels 186,000 miles per second. Multiply that by the number of seconds in a year. That is a light year. A long, long distance. That's how much better the coaching is over last year.

Now we see everyone looking good, often several deep at every position because they are used in a way that uses their talents, rather than having to play in a wingnut system that put everyone at a disadvantage.

The team has talent. Heck, they won games last year. Looking back, that almost seems impossible. It turns out that the drafts were good, it was the coaching that was bad.

Smith looks like he will do well in this offense, but CK just has so much talent. When he is instinctive out there it will be hard to keep him out. It could happen that Smith is doing well, having his best year by far and still CK comes in simply because he is better.
Originally posted by carlgo:
My take:

Light travels 186,000 miles per second. Multiply that by the number of seconds in a year. That is a light year. A long, long distance. That's how much better the coaching is over last year.

Now we see everyone looking good, often several deep at every position because they are used in a way that uses their talents, rather than having to play in a wingnut system that put everyone at a disadvantage.

The team has talent. Heck, they won games last year. Looking back, that almost seems impossible. It turns out that the drafts were good, it was the coaching that was bad.

Smith looks like he will do well in this offense, but CK just has so much talent. When he is instinctive out there it will be hard to keep him out. It could happen that Smith is doing well, having his best year by far and still CK comes in simply because he is better.

really?
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Does anyone know what time/when its gonna be aired on NFL network?

1am PST tonight
@MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco Just re-watched the game. No doubt in my mind FB Bruce Miller makes the 49ers. Moran Norris in for a fight to earn roster spot.
the improvement in one week is the biggest takeaway for me. The entire team rebounded, and that's awesome. We looked lost last week and this week we dominated.

And I'm very impressed with pretty much our entire draft class this year. When our 4th and 5th round guys look like they will be contributors immediately, or at least in the near future, you know your GM is doing his homework.
The Raiders always make the Niners look good. Can't take much away from this.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
The Raiders always make the Niners look good. Can't take much away from this.

Pessimism...

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
@MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco Just re-watched the game. No doubt in my mind FB Bruce Miller makes the 49ers. Moran Norris in for a fight to earn roster spot.

Yay!
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Quote:

Yay!

Miller looks like he could be a decent pass catching threat out of the backfield
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Quote:

Yay!

Hopefully no more Norris.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
My impressions:

1. The Niners don't look like anything to get excited about. They still LOOK below average. In spite of some would have us believe, the Raiders are a very poor team.

2. The team takes its cue from the play at QB. The team made a big mistake by not severing ties with Alex Smith. Coach killer. Has the aura of a loser. That's on Baalke; he should not have let Harbaugh convince him otherwise. Five Million!? The Niners obviously don't understand the concept of value. Move on!

3. CK. What the heck! Either he's slow at processing plays, or the coaches suck at game planning. Those two back-to-back sacks out of the shotgun. Those were terrible. Especially after New Orleans, you'd expect that they'd have installed the quick outlet. He saw the blitz coming, instead of dancing he needed the quick read. Obviously not ready. Has a good arm though. And accurate. He's not awed by the game.

4. Hunter's for real. Dixon should be the fourth RB on the depth chart.

5. WR Long is a gamer. So is K. Williams. I hope that they both make the squad.

6. Reuland is good.

7. Kilgore should get a shot at starting.

8. Is Goodwin the real deal?

9. Jury's still out on the coaching; next week should give a more accurate read.

Originally posted by susweel:
Quote:

Yay!

Hopefully no more Norris.

the best thing about Norris possibly being gone is that it leaves open a spot for a Dobbs or Williams, or some other fringe-player who otherwise would get cut and possibly put on the PS. I would much rather hold onto promising developmental players than an old one-trick FB.
Share 49ersWebzone