49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 527 users in the forums

Peyton coming?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
From ESPN INsider on Josh Morgan

On Thursday, Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area reported that there was "some buzz" on the WR at the NFL scouting combine, with the Jacksonville Jaguarscited as one of the teams potentially interested.

But will he stay in San Francisco? A source close to the WR revealed to Maiocco that "nothing is cooking" with the Niners right now, though obviously that can change prior to the opening of the market on March 13.

kinda disappointing..
I could see him going to his hometown Washington they could use a possession receiver
No way there are that much supposedly 'interest' in Morgan who just came off a broken leg and still rehabbing. He may be good for the Niners but to other teams looking at his slight production and injury, he doesn't have much more than what a draft pick can give them. I call BS on these rumors. He's risky as hell as a FA. The only team that is willing to pay him the most is most likely the Niners, who knows him best after the injury.
somewhere I read alot of teams at the combine were talking about him, Jacksonville it one of the teams interested. Its only a rumor but a possibility.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by midrdan:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by tankle104:
i honestly think the niners are going to pursue hines ward. he has the vetern leadership.. has won the big game 2 times... to it 3 times so the experience is there. awesome run blocked. great short yardage reciever and cheap. literaly perfect and we draft a reciever in the first 3 rounds to groom. id be happy with it.

Did HW even play last year?


yeah he played. he was just the 3rd or 4th option most of the time. antonio brown and wallace are pretty good recievers and young. they are doing a youth movement. i would like to have hines ward. its not like he is expecting to have huge recieving numbers.. he is a team guy. it would be great for our locker room

Ward is done. If you want to sign him because he'd be a great mentor then I could see that, but are you going to pay seven figures for mentorship?

Morgan needs to be resigned. I think he's just as talented as some of the other 2nd tier free agents - Meechem, Evans ... and knows our system.

I don't see the 49ers taking up a roster spot and reps for a player that has nothing left in the tank. I expect a host of WRs in camp next summer and the coaches will be thinking in terms of which ones will actually be there in the future. They will want them all to get plenty of reps to show what they can do.

Ward may come in but I really doubt it.

I will personally throw up all over myself if the Niners got Hines Ward.

I hate him and his corny punk attitude. One of my most hated players, right up there with Brandon Jacobs.

Furthermore, like everyone else said he's done. He's old, slow.

On the subject of Morgan, bring him back at a bottom barrel price and see what's he's got. If he's gonna get more elsewhere coming off a bad injury with no real prior success then let him walk.

Resign Ginn because he's worth his weight in gold in the return game.

Then see what we can snag on the FA market at WR and draft one wherever there's the most value on draft day.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
watch him test FA, go somewhere else, and explode into some monster stud WR. I will kick something. kick it to death.

Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
watch him test FA, go somewhere else, and explode into some monster stud WR. I will kick something. kick it to death.


He will go to Jacksonville just like Jason Hill and continue to be the same player he has always been, just like Jason Hill.
There seems to be more buzz around Morgan, he may get some play on the market. If the 49ers go FA and draft pick with receivers it would seem to be a reach to keep him.
As we saw last year (and forever) it is impossible to predict who will sign where. I would like Morgan to stay but if he gets a huge offer from somone else and the 9ers can attract a better target OK by me. What I do not want to see if the niners trade a team oriented guy like Morgan for a head case, even if the head case has more talent.
that sucks if he does leave

morgan is poised to have his breakout year
imo he wouldve had it last year if it wasnt for his injury
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by bigwads:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
You are serious about this? You don't get the fact Smith still stares down receivers (#1 read) and only uses one side of the field... oh never mind what's the use, plus this aint no smith thread..Can't believe you don't get it/// maybe with an entire off season he gets better..

5 TD's no Int's and one rushing TD in two playoff games.... so on behalf of every webzoner with a brain, it is time to officially STFU about Alex Smith.

lol at stares down WR

you cant have that high comp 5 (even with the drops) and that low int by staring down WRs

LOL, owned. I'm pretty sure too that Alex also has the longest active streak without throwing a pick with well over 200 attempts since his last INT. Some people just see what they want to see. Back to Morgan, if the price gets too high then I'm ok with replacing him in the draft. I would love to have Morgan back but he would be the #3 WR likely since him and Crabs alone is not strong enough combo so adding a #1 in FA is still the priority.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,889
Morgan is too similar to Crabtree. They do not complement each other. Using the Cowboys comparison, /LMFAO, if Crabtree is Irvin, we need to find Harper.
Could he even pass a physical right now? Don't you have to pass one when you sign a contract?
Maybe he can't and won't be able to til after the draft, I hope.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Morgan is too similar to Crabtree. They do not complement each other. Using the Cowboys comparison, /LMFAO, if Crabtree is Irvin, we need to find Harper.

I would rather keep Morgan and trade Crabs...save money, get picks, and have less crap to deal with
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
watch him test FA, go somewhere else, and explode into some monster stud WR. I will kick something. kick it to death.

An oak tree maybe?

I agree, we cannot let Morgan go, I'm with that other guy; I'd rather trade Crabs' lazy/worth-less/cannot-catch-a-ball-in-a-playoff-game ASS over any other WR on this team. Kyle Williams is a king compared to Crabtree.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:Originally posted by HessianDud:watch him test FA, go somewhere else, and explode into some monster stud WR. I will kick something. kick it to death.An oak tree maybe?A crabtree perhaps?

Hopefully in the a$$!
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone