LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Peyton coming?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by tankle104:
i honestly think the niners are going to pursue hines ward. he has the vetern leadership.. has won the big game 2 times... to it 3 times so the experience is there. awesome run blocked. great short yardage reciever and cheap. literaly perfect and we draft a reciever in the first 3 rounds to groom. id be happy with it.

Did HW even play last year?

yeah he played. he was just the 3rd or 4th option most of the time. antonio brown and wallace are pretty good recievers and young. they are doing a youth movement. i would like to have hines ward. its not like he is expecting to have huge recieving numbers.. he is a team guy. it would be great for our locker room
I think having a veteran receiver could benefit our young receivers, as well as the rest of the offense. I know the chemistry morgan has with alex would be hard to replace, but I think a vet would gain alexs trust really quick. And since ward shares a record with jerry he might as well come to the niners lol.
Originally posted by rxrunner:
i see him as a jason hill type player

Except Morgan is more productive and doesn't pull his hammy getting out of bed.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
I really dont care if he comes back or not.

same.

oh and Jolie >>>>>> Anniston's plain Jane lookin ass.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Mar 1, 2012 at 12:43 PM ]
Morgan & Crabtree are pretty similar players, and Crabtree is under contract. He will follow the money and we will sign a guy like Garcon to replace him.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Crabtree Stephen Hill Josh Morgan Eddie royal (as a returner also)

do it
i honestly think the niners are going to pursue hines ward. he has the vetern leadership.. has won the big game 2 times... to it 3 times so the experience is there. awesome run blocked. great short yardage reciever and cheap. literaly perfect and we draft a reciever in the first 3 rounds to groom. id be happy with it.

yeah he played. he was just the 3rd or 4th option most of the time. antonio brown and wallace are pretty good recievers and young. they are doing a youth movement. i would like to have hines ward. its not like he is expecting to have huge recieving numbers.. he is a team guy. it would be great for our locker room

Ward is done. If you want to sign him because he'd be a great mentor then I could see that, but are you going to pay seven figures for mentorship?

Morgan needs to be resigned. I think he's just as talented as some of the other 2nd tier free agents - Meechem, Evans ... and knows our system.
  • dj43
Originally posted by midrdan:

Ward is done. If you want to sign him because he'd be a great mentor then I could see that, but are you going to pay seven figures for mentorship?

Morgan needs to be resigned. I think he's just as talented as some of the other 2nd tier free agents - Meechem, Evans ... and knows our system.

I don't see the 49ers taking up a roster spot and reps for a player that has nothing left in the tank. I expect a host of WRs in camp next summer and the coaches will be thinking in terms of which ones will actually be there in the future. They will want them all to get plenty of reps to show what they can do.

Ward may come in but I really doubt it.
I feel like this guy just can't catch a break, I really hope we bring him back.
Originally posted by Pomoj:

that's because breaks come down like punts!

that's because when he makes a catch, something breaks!

I'll be here all night, folks!!

Morgan is a very good WR. I think that if we let him go, he will emerge. The injury though is going to keep him from getting a good contract. The 49ers have the upperhand definitely.
Originally posted by 305Niner:
Morgan is a very good WR. I think that if we let him go, he will emerge. The injury though is going to keep him from getting a good contract. The 49ers have the upperhand definitely.

he was looking like our #1 WR early on

very underrated guy on our team

if we get another guy in draft or FA to strech the field morgan crabs and VD will all be very dangerous in the middle of the field
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
You are serious about this? You don't get the fact Smith still stares down receivers (#1 read) and only uses one side of the field... oh never mind what's the use, plus this aint no smith thread..Can't believe you don't get it/// maybe with an entire off season he gets better..

5 TD's no Int's and one rushing TD in two playoff games.... so on behalf of every webzoner with a brain, it is time to officially STFU about Alex Smith.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Pomoj:

that's because breaks come down like punts!

that's because when he makes a catch, something breaks!

I'll be here all night, folks!!

lol
Originally posted by bigwads:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
You are serious about this? You don't get the fact Smith still stares down receivers (#1 read) and only uses one side of the field... oh never mind what's the use, plus this aint no smith thread..Can't believe you don't get it/// maybe with an entire off season he gets better..

5 TD's no Int's and one rushing TD in two playoff games.... so on behalf of every webzoner with a brain, it is time to officially STFU about Alex Smith.

lol at stares down WR

you cant have that high comp 5 (even with the drops) and that low int by staring down WRs
Share 49ersWebzone