LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

Nate Byham out for season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows The 49ers have waived/injured tight end Nate Byham, who was recovering from an ACL tear.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Manningham just said yay.
Originally posted by susweel:

???
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by susweel:

???

gets his old number back
I had high hopes for Byham...too bad. I guess that clears things up at TE now.Reuland probably moves up to the 53 and we use a DL for 3 TE blocking sets.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows The 49ers have waived/injured tight end Nate Byham, who was recovering from an ACL tear.

Yeah, had to figure the guy isn't recovered from his ACL tear from last year and he has been missing practice. Reuland has been playing well and there is a chance they might not even keep 3 TEs with Dobbs. He was so far behind he could never catch up even if he got healthy he probably would have only got a game or two to showcase himself. If he would have been healthy he would have had a shot.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
bummer for Nate. Dobbs and Reuland to battle it out now. i'm really excited to see more of Reuland and what he can do.
I had high hopes for Byham...too bad. I guess that clears things up at TE now.Reuland probably moves up to the 53 and we use a DL for 3 TE blocking sets.

Demarcus Dobbs will be our 3rd TE/DL. Free up an extra spot for somebody else
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

4th QB

Possibly. Depends on how much value Garbageman has and if they think they can keep him on the PS. Walker goes to FA next season.

Originally posted by boast:

4th QB

or a 7th WR
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by boast:

4th QB

or a 7th WR

Watch him sign with the Giants like the Bear
Not a single f**k was given.
Share 49ersWebzone