There are 206 users in the forums

Nate Byham out for season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sucks, still think he'll be a good player somewhere.
A league source, however, said that Byham's injured knee has not responded well in recent weeks and that he was hoping that time away from practice could help it regain its strength. Byham had an MRI earlier this week. If Byham clears waivers, the 49ers can place him on injured reserve for the second straight season. The two sides also could reach an injury settlement, which would allow Byham to become a free agent.
Originally posted by niners94:

So do I. Hopefully injuries won't shorten his career much. I think he has lots of potential. He showed it some his rookie season. Good luck Nate, hope he catch on with a good team.
Rueland has a lock on the #3 spot. Dobbs can be the emergency #4.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

So do I. Hopefully injuries won't shorten his career much. I think he has lots of potential. He showed it some his rookie season. Good luck Nate, hope he catch on with a good team.

Yep, same here.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Yep, same here.

This
Originally posted by Gore_21:
A league source, however, said that Byham's injured knee has not responded well in recent weeks and that he was hoping that time away from practice could help it regain its strength. Byham had an MRI earlier this week. If Byham clears waivers, the 49ers can place him on injured reserve for the second straight season. The two sides also could reach an injury settlement, which would allow Byham to become a free agent.

I hope for the former, if he can be on injured reserve he can come back stonger to the niners.

I am hoping the garbage man becomes one of the surprises of 2012 and makes Delanie Walker expendable when his contract expires.
I think this means Reuland will have a good shot to be the #3. At Stanford, he played the same role that Walker and Byham did/would have for us as the TE/H-back. Reuland needed to add strength, and if he shows he's done that, he'll have it.

His toughest competition could be Dobbs and Tukuafu who are working to get PT at TE.
Dobbs bout to own this position.
well.. now manningham could have his number back.. just like we spoke of before.. things work out for the good.. as for bynum.. keep your head up!

Originally posted by Joecool:

So you're saying he has Dibbs on it?
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by Joecool:

So you're saying he has Dibbs on it?

He's got first Dobbs on the position.....
Byham and 49ers reach injury settlement. http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/49ers-part-ways-with-TE-Byham?blockID=758193&feedID=5936
Shame
  • cools
  • Veteran
Good luck Byham, hope you recover well and get career back on track

Bet Mario has that #82 by Sat.
Share 49ersWebzone