LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Well, we just signed a Safety that we needed. I think the SMART thing to do would be to wait until this whole FA dealio is over before we judge how he performed in it.

But, we are Niner fans so i'm sure a majority of us won't be able to do that and will jump the gun and judge and yell for firings right away.
should i quote Eric Allen again? but i rather
Frankly i just don't think anyone wants to come here.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Mookster:
Originally posted by dj43:

Rachal, as poorly as he has performed, has been the victim of the worst in position coaching. NONE of the recent 49er draft picks have met reasonable expectations. So while that may be just poor drafting, I believe a greater part of it has been poor coaching.

Summarily, until we know how much is talent and how much is coaching, NOT breaking the bank is a good strategy. However, it is also clear that we have holes at OLB, CB and WR that have not been filled. How problematic that will be is yet to be seen.

Solari is the worst in position coaching?
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
should i quote Eric Allen again? but i rather

Who?
I give him a Z
I bet Baalke's unpopular budget moves this season is still enough to compete for an NFC West title. If you ask me that's brilliant!
  • Jiks
Would you all rather spend tons of money this FA not knowing a single thing about this team? Or wait untill next season to sign big name players that will actually fit a system that will be installed by that time?

How is management supposed to get an idea on things when this team and coaching staff has yet to practice a full week? I feel like signing a huge contract for 5 years will only hurt this team. Especially if the player doesn't fit in.
Everyone really just needs to chill and relax. We're obviously not done looking at people and signing yet. They've been trickling in. Cooooooooool down.

MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
RT @JoshBDraft Yale TE Chris Blohm has tryout with 49ers. > SF native attend 49ers' local pro day, and could be added after Byham injury.
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Everyone really just needs to chill and relax. We're obviously not done looking at people and signing yet. They've been trickling in. Cooooooooool down.

MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
RT @JoshBDraft Yale TE Chris Blohm has tryout with 49ers. > SF native attend 49ers' local pro day, and could be added after Byham injury.

Yup.... let's slow down on this breakneck pace of undrafted free agents and camp fodder.... before you know it we could make a mistake and sign someone who would actually improve this team.

MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

Yup.... let's slow down on this breakneck pace of undrafted free agents and camp fodder.... before you know it we could make a mistake and sign someone who would actually improve this team.

And how do you know they're just camp fodder? You have no idea how good they'll be on this team or what the coaches see in them. You aren't changing anything, so why whine about it? They know what they're doing. We don't.
  • Jiks

MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

Adding depth to your roster doesn't improve rosters I guess.......................................................................................................................?
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
If the team was interested in winning now, they wouldn’t let five defensive starters walk away. At this point they only seem to be interested in patching holes and finding cheaper alternatives for relatively talented guys like Franklin, Lawson, Goldson, and Baas. There was some BS earlier about “resigning our own” but, apparently that really means “resigning our own… if nobody else wants them and we can get them cheap.”

In light of their inaction and frugality, the pursuit of Nnamdi Asomugha is particularly puzzling. If they were willing to pay $12 million or more per year for Nnamdi, why not overpay a little for Baas? He ended up getting $5.2 million per year from the Giants and you have to believe the 9ers were offering something between $3.5 and $4 million. Why not spend an extra million or so on Baas? Sometimes you have to overpay... the Giants understand that. If the 49er’s goal was to make the team better in 2011, I think their behavior in FA would be very different. Consequently, I can only draw one of two conclusions: Either the 9ers are setting their sights on 2012 (when Kaepernick is ready and Harbaugh has had time to install his system) or Baalke is just plain overmatched as a GM. I hope for the former but fear it’s the latter…
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

Adding depth to your roster doesn't improve rosters I guess.......................................................................................................................?

Lollolol we have enough depth on the D we have what 3 legit starters in smith, Willis and Spencer everyone else is just meh... we need starters not anymore depth

MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

And how do you know they're just camp fodder? You have no idea how good they'll be on this team or what the coaches see in them. You aren't changing anything, so why whine about it? They know what they're doing. We don't.

Cause it's easier to b*tch and moan than actually think and contemplate that in reality this is not a good year to go bust your salary cap if your the niners.

New coaching staff, transitioning QB and a roster full of young players that got ignored by Singletary cause he played favorites and completely mismanaged the roster.
Share 49ersWebzone