There are 271 users in the forums

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Here's a poll to see what we think so far of the job Trent Baalke is doing as a rookie GM.

I've seen reasons such as "there's a plan", to he's being overmatched and can't communicate verbally with the agents like other GM's around the league. I've also heard he doesn't have a smartphone and doesn't text (Eagles GM got Nnamdi via text with his agent).

Things may turn out OK, but the perception is that the FA period is passing us by and there's a cap floor with the new CBA and we may as well spend it on quality vs. scraps.

[ Edited by mitpdub on Jul 31, 2011 at 08:21:27 ]
Well...we know where this is going...
F, until he proves otherwise. When you do not even have enough players in camp at certain positions, that is on the GM.
None of the above, he has been trying, UFAs just do not want anything to do with SF.
Coming to the 49ers might be a hard sell but to use the excuse that we're not a winning team is just bad salesmanship. I'm a salesman and my mantra is this, the ABCs of sales... ALWAYS BE CLOSING! You have a bad product, so what! You make the customer believe that they are the answer, with them we won't be losers, all we need is them and we can be the winners they have sought all along. BS or not a great salesman closes that deal…

Show some gonads and CLOSE THE DEAL!

[ Edited by vermonator on Jul 31, 2011 at 08:38:39 ]
Originally posted by vermonator:
Coming to the 49ers might be a hard sell but to use the excuse that we're not a winning team is just bad salesmanship. I'm a salesman and my mantra is this, the ABCs of sales... ALWAYS BE CLOSING! You have a bad product, so what! You make the customer believe that they are the answer, with them we won't be losers, all we need is them and we can be the winners they have sought all along. BS or not a great salesman closes that deal…

Right..it is just an excuse. Arizona was dead last with no QB and they got FAs by the boatload. It is a lie and if you understand selling, you know it is an excuse from the worst salesman on the team.
Niners are in a wait and see mode... I think they are waiting to see who is gonna gonna be a cap casualty due to teams signing Free AgentS
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Even McClueless was a better recruiter.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Wait is that really true??! He doesn't have a smart phone or text??? That should of been the first thing given to him when he accepted the job.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Zero improvements anywhere.

No attempt to re-sign key starters.

F.

F. f**k Him!!!
None of the above. Worst FA performance in the NFL. Complete Fail - F-.
Originally posted by vermonator:

Difference is, it's not just about buying your product, it's about NOT buying 31 other products, ~12-16 of which are CLEARLY better.
Originally posted by dbdublin:
None of the above. Worst FA performance in the NFL. Complete Fail - F-.

THIS X2 What a waste of a chance to actually do somthing this year.
We've established a track record of failure. Most veterans want to go to a winning organization. You can't blame Baalke for our recent history.

He's trying to sign guys, but we're just not a legit consideration for most players. Baalke's hands are kind of tied.
Share 49ersWebzone