LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Baalke gets the better of other GM's in trades.

We moved up 13 spots in the 1st round last year for a 3rd round pick. Has any other GM ever pulled that off? Usually a move of 7 spots or more costs at least a 2nd rounder.

We moved back 6 spots in the 2nd round and collected a 3rd round pick.
Then moved up 5 spots in the 2nd round and paid a 6th round pick. WOW
We traded for Anquan Boldin and paid a 6th round pick. Nice

This is the 2nd draft in a row where I believe we have the most picks. Nice

And you can bet we will pay a little capital forward into 2015 where we will pick in double digits again! Dude works the phones and the e-mail to get us ahead
THISSSSS!!!!
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Except he hasn't developed anyone yet. CK has tons of raw talent coming out of every pore in his body BUT he still leads a 30th ranked offense at the end of the day and ESPN the Magazine showed that Kaepernick had an accuracy rating of 54.6 percent under pressure last season, the worst mark in the NFL. Meanwhile, he was sacked on 20.2 percent of snaps when under duress, the fourth-worst rate among starters. Alex Smith used to be sacked a ton as well under Harbaugh's oversight but had a much higher completion percentage and spread the ball around much better but didn't have the explosive ability or upside CK has. Also, there are still many questions and concerns around CK's footwork, basic QB mechanics, one-read abilities, accuracy outside the sideline/intermediate passes, decision making esp. in the RZ, lack of use and accuracy in the short and deep passing game, etc. Let's also note too that CK was considered by many, most fans to have "regressed" last year.

Personally, with this archaic offense, I'd still need 2 more years before being in position to say, "Harbaugh developed CK."

I guess getting to a SB and an NFC Championship game does not count for much. Low pass completion, poor foot work, bad mechanics, only one read mechanics, if we can get as far next year I'll take all the shortcomings.

Not when you are evaluating JUST the QB. When you have PBers in Staley, Boone, Goodwin, Boldin, Crabtree, VD, Gore, Miller, etc. and a top rated defense, you SHOULD make the playoffs every year and go deep. As to your rationale? Sure, CK was the reason we were even in the NCFCG (he was our only game plan, apparently) but he was also the one who turned the ball over 4 times (lost 3 on the final 3 possessions) and not one fan said he IMPROVED over last year...in fact, the talk has been with how much he regressed. Now, personally, a think a TON of this has to be put at the footsteps of Harbaugh himself, QB coach and esp. this archaic offensive philosophy and play calling and very very poor situational awareness. With a primary one-read offense (or AR 1 or 2), I don't think it would be hard to bring in any athletic and mobile QB to do this very job. That said, CK's potential and work ethic is through the roof but he still has a very very long ways to go and I'm skeptical if this system/coaching will help him get there. To me, CK is a 12-15M QB at best.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Baalke has done a standout job as GM. Harbaugh's ability to develop quarterbacks trumps anything that Baalke has done or will do.

Baalke gets the better of other GM's in trades.

We moved up 13 spots in the 1st round last year for a 3rd round pick. Has any other GM ever pulled that off? Usually a move of 7 spots or more costs at least a 2nd rounder.

We moved back 6 spots in the 2nd round and collected a 3rd round pick.
Then moved up 5 spots in the 2nd round and paid a 6th round pick. WOW

We traded for Anquan Boldin and paid a 6th round pick. Nice

This is the 2nd draft in a row where I believe we have the most picks. Nice

pwnaged! I can't wait to see what he does in this draft with 12-13 picks and only 2 or 3 real needs (thus far).
All Day
GREAT move getting Boldin and now Trent can do his usual FA Surprise signing for peanuts.

Then work his magic in the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone