Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Forty Niners New Strategy?

Originally posted by verb1der:
Think of the Niners strategy right now as like renovating a house

Demo
Originally posted by danimal:
I like this strategy myself.

We need to put together 2 to 3 good drafts. Now I know we have not done that in about 15 years, but until then FA can't help us

We were a QB, CB, and WR away from being a legitimate contender........Kolb, Asomugha or Joseph, and Ochocinco would have put us in place, but as usual the FO sleeps! We had plenty of money after releasing Clements, and now they're stuck holding thier Johnson's. I ignored football (except the draft) all offseason because the thought of millionaires fighting with billionaires over money makes me wanna rip someones *&^%$#* head off. I now turn my attention back after they get thier heads out of thier asses, for this. GTFO!!!!! This is not the team I grew up watching in the 80's and 90's, and I guess it's high time I accept that.
Kolb sucks
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:

We need to put together 2 to 3 good drafts. Now I know we have not done that in about 15 years, but until then FA can't help us

We were a QB, CB, and WR away from being a legitimate contender........Kolb, Asomugha or Joseph, and Ochocinco would have put us in place, but as usual the FO sleeps! We had plenty of money after releasing Clements, and now they're stuck holding thier Johnson's. I ignored football (except the draft) all offseason because the thought of millionaires fighting with billionaires over money makes me wanna rip someones *&^%$#* head off. I now turn my attention back after they get thier heads out of thier asses, for this. GTFO!!!!! This is not the team I grew up watching in the 80's and 90's, and I guess it's high time I accept that.

agreed on everything u said man. very dissapointed. i have been a fan as long as i could remember watchin in the mid 80s and its like we have turned into the bengals or the lions man i cant take much more of this hopefully we get surprised but ive been hoping 4 8 or 9 years now. i guess what im tryin to say is i feel your pain.
I think Baalke has spent the week camping in the Sierra Nevada. Enjoy the hike, Trent.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Kolb sucks

I disagree, he is slightly better than Sir Alex, and now the cardinals are probably good for 6-8 wins, maybe more if their defense gets better.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Kolb sucks

I disagree, he is slightly better than Sir Alex,and now the cardinals are probably good for 6-8 wins, maybe more if their defense gets better.

His stats are worse on a better team.
Kolb sucks

I disagree, he is slightly better than Sir Alex,and now the cardinals are probably good for 6-8 wins, maybe more if their defense gets better.

I'm talking about the "flashes" i saw in the eagles games I was forced to watch last year.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I think Baalke has spent the week camping in the Sierra Nevada. Enjoy the hike, Trent.

Jed is on his honeymoon, seriously...
Kolb sucks

I'm talking about the "flashes" i saw in the eagles games I was forced to watch last year.

Well that's against us - that doesn't count
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:

I don't agree. I think we were more like 10 positions away, and when one of those positions is QB that in itself means you are far away(unless you are a once in a decade defense)

For the first time in many years I finally agree with how a new regime is getting started.

This is exactly what I was hoping for.

1. Draft Kap in the 2nd
2. Don't resign anyone
3. Don't sign anyone
4. Curb kick Alex Smith

Hey 3 of 4 ain't bad
maybe management's inactivity with free agency is because of salary cap constraints. does anyone know where we are with the cap situation? do we have money to buy players?
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Jed is on his honeymoon, seriously...

The entire front office still thinks the NFL is in a lockout. They didn't get the memo it ended earlier this week.
Just posted by Barrows

Jim Harbaugh, after his first-ever practice, said the plan all along was to be patient and methodical and that the 49ers are sticking with that plan. "I've been involved in it," Harbaugh said of free agency. "Trent Baalke and I are talking every day on it, and we're executing that plan, and I think smartly. I feel good about it. We'll let time and the results judge if we were correct in our thinking."

This is why I LOVE this new coach... this is why I love how they work together. This is why I think you have to let the HC and the coaching staff take their time and not make knee-jerk reactions.

And to all those who think it's just the Yorks or Baalke is the problem or "why is our front office so suspect..." There's you answer. I'll take the HC and the coaching staffs word for now. He's right... Time will tell, not what hack analyst and their East Coast bias think.
Kick