LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Forty Niners New Strategy?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Agreed...welcome to the NFL, rookie Coach.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Kolb sucks

I disagree, he is slightly better than Sir Alex,and now the cardinals are probably good for 6-8 wins, maybe more if their defense gets better.

His stats are worse on a better team.

He was on par with Alex during the year. Stats are deceiving.

Kolb's stats were brought down by a week 17 performance where Philly rested their team in preparation for the playoffs.

Alex Smith's stats were raised by a week 17 performance against a team that quit months before.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Just posted by Barrows

Jim Harbaugh, after his first-ever practice, said the plan all along was to be patient and methodical and that the 49ers are sticking with that plan. "I've been involved in it," Harbaugh said of free agency. "Trent Baalke and I are talking every day on it, and we're executing that plan, and I think smartly. I feel good about it. We'll let time and the results judge if we were correct in our thinking."

This is why I LOVE this new coach... this is why I love how they work together. This is why I think you have to let the HC and the coaching staff take their time and not make knee-jerk reactions.

And to all those who think it's just the Yorks or Baalke is the problem or "why is our front office so suspect..." There's you answer. I'll take the HC and the coaching staffs word for now. He's right... Time will tell, not what hack analyst and their East Coast bias think.

It's like shopping for groceries without opening the fridge...how do you know what you have/don't have?

HOWEVER, there's some players out there that could help ANY team and this isn't the 79/81 season where you get 4 years to build. You better have a playoff contender in 2 and SB in 4. There's a thing called Free Agency.

I don't know about you but I have a feeling if Walsh was here, he would take full advantage of it and I don't mean the big names. I mean the small names that people think are just another body but Walsh would be able to use.

We...have done nothing. That's not methodical, that's doing nothing...or cough..."staying the same"

This. But honestly, when have the Yorks ever had a strategy?
The strategy is to build thru the draft......starting next year.
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
The strategy is to build thru the draft......starting next year.

This is been the 49ers personality and Alex Smith's words to live by.
I think Asomugha "executed his plan" elsewhere. The same for Joseph and Ike Taylor, and Landry, and Weddle, and __________________. And, Clements is gone.

We are now staring at guys who are decent, but not game-changing CB's: Carr, Marshall, Cromartie.

I do not understand this "plan".

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jul 29, 2011 at 20:13:40 ]
Share 49ersWebzone