There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Forty Niners New Strategy?

Now when I look at JH's background and what he has been able to do at Stanford & San Diego you can see that he never really focused on (superstar) Athelete's meaning the fastest or the strongest players.

So now he wants to make sure that he is adding "FOOTBALL PLAYERS" and not just superstar fill-in's.

Ted Ginn would probably be the best athlete on the team, however we all know he is not the best football player on the team.

Football player = smart (do as you are coached/play within the system), tough, hungry guys that get it done!

Athlete = Speed, strength, physical ability is off the charts, more ME focused.

Am I right here?

I like this if this is the plan, Because I know he didn't have the best athletes at Stanford or San Diego.

Your thoughts?
VD is the best athlete on the team...
Originally posted by 5280High:
VD is the best athlete on the team...

VD is a FOOTBALL PLAYER!
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by 5280High:
VD is the best athlete on the team...

VD is a FOOTBALL PLAYER!

HE'S BOTH!!!
I think I know the plan is. Lose as many games as we can. Then draft Luck.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Now when I look at JH's background and what he has been able to do at Stanford & San Diego you can see that he never really focused on (superstar) Athelete's meaning the fastest or the strongest players.

So now he wants to make sure that he is adding "FOOTBALL PLAYERS" and not just superstar fill-in's.

Ted Ginn would probably be the best athlete on the team, however we all know he is not the best football player on the team.

Football player = smart (do as you are coached/play within the system), tough, hungry guys that get it done!

Athlete = Speed, strength, physical ability is off the charts, more ME focused.

Am I right here?

I like this if this is the plan, Because I know he didn't have the best athletes at Stanford or San Diego.

Your thoughts?

I think Ginn will be gone by the time the season starts.
Yup. You nailed it, dude. f**k the good players!
I hope he has a better plan than that.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Yup. You nailed it, dude. f**k the good players!

Really...we do not want too many free agents like Arizona and Seattle....why not let mediocre teams beat us like a drum during the season?
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Now when I look at JH's background and what he has been able to do at Stanford & San Diego you can see that he never really focused on (superstar) Athelete's meaning the fastest or the strongest players.

So now he wants to make sure that he is adding "FOOTBALL PLAYERS" and not just superstar fill-in's.

Ted Ginn would probably be the best athlete on the team, however we all know he is not the best football player on the team.

Football player = smart (do as you are coached/play within the system), tough, hungry guys that get it done!

Athlete = Speed, strength, physical ability is off the charts, more ME focused.

Am I right here?

I like this if this is the plan, Because I know he didn't have the best athletes at Stanford or San Diego.

Your thoughts?

I think Ginn will be gone by the time the season starts.

I think so too, I think he may be able to make it as a return specialist but overall I think you have to be tough to play for JH!
I could see that happening. Take the Bellichick approach. They never get a ton of big names, but always manage to find solid players.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
I could see that happening. Take the Bellichick approach. They never get a ton of big names, but always manage to find solid players.

Exactly, I don't think JH will do well around super star cry babies that have it all figured out. He wants guys that are gritty and hungry.

Take a real good look at what they are doing with the roster, and think of those Patriot superbowl rosters.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Now when I look at JH's background and what he has been able to do at Stanford & San Diego you can see that he never really focused on (superstar) Athelete's meaning the fastest or the strongest players.

So now he wants to make sure that he is adding "FOOTBALL PLAYERS" and not just superstar fill-in's.

Ted Ginn would probably be the best athlete on the team, however we all know he is not the best football player on the team.

Football player = smart (do as you are coached/play within the system), tough, hungry guys that get it done!

Athlete = Speed, strength, physical ability is off the charts, more ME focused.

Am I right here?

I like this if this is the plan, Because I know he didn't have the best athletes at Stanford or San Diego.

Your thoughts?

I think Ginn will be gone by the time the season starts.

I think so too, I think he may be able to make it as a return specialist but overall I think you have to be tough to play for JH!

My reason is he is to one d and not 3 d. Return game is his only forte. While he stretch the field who is going to worry if you catch the ball enough on those deep routes. New Regime and they probably want to grow with the younger players. His run blocking leaves something to be desired also.
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Yup. You nailed it, dude. f**k the good players!

Really...we do not want too many free agents like Arizona and Seattle....why not let mediocre teams beat us like a drum during the season?

I'm not sure if you've heard of this crazy new fad called sarcasm, but I was using it there.

And to cover my ass, I'm not sure if you were using it to add on.

Ball's in your court.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
I could see that happening. Take the Bellichick approach. They never get a ton of big names, but always manage to find solid players.

Exactly, I don't think JH will do well around super star cry babies that have it all figured out. He wants guys that are gritty and hungry.

Take a real good look at what they are doing with the roster, and think of those Patriot superbowl rosters.

Wishful thinking, plus they always have a few names...do you think Alex or Kap are Tom Brady?