There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

With Baas to the Giants, what does that mean for us?

Baas was ok but why overpay for him? I mean I dont know how much he got but it makes sense for a team like the Giants to grab him because he's cheap for them, fills a need with OHara gone, and they have Super Bowl aspirations.

Us on the other hand have a first year GM and HC. They probably want to do things their way and I dont doubt they have a plan.

Everyone is freaking out about resigning Alex but why not see what he can do with a real offensive mind? Its really a win win. We see what he does and he can be a stopgap for Kap in the meantime.

Many freaked out about TKO but he's on the downturn and its better to let him go a year early that a year late.

And now Baas. The guy was decent but nothing I would tie 3-4 years and 15 Mil too.

Gotta trust the front office and realize this isnt going to be fixed in a year or even 2. Harbaugh will want his type of guys and I trust that. That is all for my rant.
O'Hara maybe.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,814
We have to resign Tony Wragge to compete for starting job here.
Originally posted by GORO:
We have to resign Tony Wragge to compete for starting job here.

Yes! Give him a deal with extra incentive if he is the starter.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Is anybody else wondering why we let bass go? was he not that good for us? did he want to much?

I mean...we dont have heitman this year? so..what gives?

THis confuses the junk out of me. If we lose anymore guys, i'm going to start thinking baalke may not be the right man for the job. You can't just let talent walk out the door without even trying...

I would have thought, release clements, sign bass, goldson, and mcdonald. I dont get paid millions to make those calls though...so...i will just go back to playing madden and shut up.

We lost an OLB who will turn 35 this season and a OC who's only had 1 full healthy season on the team. I understand these guys were decent to good last year but it's not like we lost two all-pros.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
We just can't find any stability on the line. Our already volatile and underwhelming line just got sent into a tailspin with a massive hole at C.

It's amazing how we've been so unable to put our players in the best position to succeed. This is most evident in Baas:
1. We draft him at the top of the 2nd round after he dominated as a C in college.
2. We move him to guard where it doesn't work for 4 years.
3. We then move him to C only because circumstances necessitated the move and then he goes to have his best season and subsequently leaves to the Giants.

Without Baas, who are our best options? Kilgore? Pearson? A FA? Baas was the best FA C available.

-9fA

Mike Nolan is an idiot. He set us back a good 4 or 5 years. Draft a college center well lets move him to OG. Get Manny Lawson inexperienced as it is DE but oh wait move him to a 3-4 LB. Draft players for the position you need, we can't be messing around. We are not good enough of a team to do that. Take a one year guy from Utah played in a non pro spread offense over, nevermind...
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
We just can't find any stability on the line. Our already volatile and underwhelming line just got sent into a tailspin with a massive hole at C.

It's amazing how we've been so unable to put our players in the best position to succeed. This is most evident in Baas:
1. We draft him at the top of the 2nd round after he dominated as a C in college.
2. We move him to guard where it doesn't work for 4 years.
3. We then move him to C only because circumstances necessitated the move and then he goes to have his best season and subsequently leaves to the Giants.

Without Baas, who are our best options? Kilgore? Pearson? A FA? Baas was the best FA C available.

-9fA

you're kidding, right?
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

I would have thought, release clements, sign bass, goldson, and mcdonald. I dont get paid millions to make those calls though...so...i will just go back to playing madden and shut up.

If your call is to just resign our garbage free agents, then yeah, I think you should just go back to playing Madden.

I wouldn't have let Baas go though. Good centers are hard to find, and it's one of the hardest positions to play as well. Baas wasn't great, but he wasn't the problem on our line.

Only way you get rid of a solid performer is if you have a lined up a star.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Is anybody else wondering why we let bass go? was he not that good for us? did he want to much?

I mean...we dont have heitman this year? so..what gives?

THis confuses the junk out of me. If we lose anymore guys, i'm going to start thinking baalke may not be the right man for the job. You can't just let talent walk out the door without even trying...

I would have thought, release clements, sign bass, goldson, and mcdonald. I dont get paid millions to make those calls though...so...i will just go back to playing madden and shut up.

The 9ers got tired of everyone misspelling his name.
we're tanking the season to get Luck...why let 2 solid veteran leaders and still productive athletes go? especially when one of them is an area of great need (Center) because of injury to others....

that is a red flag to me.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
we're tanking the season to get Luck...why let 2 solid veteran leaders and still productive athletes go? especially when one of them is an area of great need (Center) because of injury to others....

that is a red flag to me.

LOL
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
we're tanking the season to get Luck...why let 2 solid veteran leaders and still productive athletes go? especially when one of them is an area of great need (Center) because of injury to others....

that is a red flag to me.

LOL

+ 1

Holy Jeebus! You know those movies where certain soldiers on the line go running off in the other direction once the abundant enemies are seen coming through the forest?

Yeah... let's don't be one of those guys.
sorry guys, i'm stressed out because I'm in job limbo and will most likely be moving and don't have any certainty on anything at the moment. I just realized i'm being whiney, not characteristic of me.

I'll say this. Thank God we at least get to watch football this year. Go niners.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,249
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
we're tanking the season to get Luck...why let 2 solid veteran leaders and still productive athletes go? especially when one of them is an area of great need (Center) because of injury to others....

that is a red flag to me.

no..no. No nfl team will tank. I will never believe that
  • Otter
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,936
Originally posted by brooklyn49er:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
We just can't find any stability on the line. Our already volatile and underwhelming line just got sent into a tailspin with a massive hole at C.

It's amazing how we've been so unable to put our players in the best position to succeed. This is most evident in Baas:
1. We draft him at the top of the 2nd round after he dominated as a C in college.
2. We move him to guard where it doesn't work for 4 years.
3. We then move him to C only because circumstances necessitated the move and then he goes to have his best season and subsequently leaves to the Giants.

Without Baas, who are our best options? Kilgore? Pearson? A FA? Baas was the best FA C available.

-9fA

Mike Nolan is an idiot. He set us back a good 4 or 5 years. Draft a college center well lets move him to OG. Get Manny Lawson inexperienced as it is DE but oh wait move him to a 3-4 LB. Draft players for the position you need, we can't be messing around. We are not good enough of a team to do that. Take a one year guy from Utah played in a non pro spread offense over, nevermind...

What's your opinion of Harbaugh? Must be an idiot too, right? He just drafted Aldon Smith a college DE and plan to move him to a 3-4 LB.