LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 155 users in the forums

With Baas to the Giants, what does that mean for us?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
O'Hara maybe.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
We have to resign Tony Wragge to compete for starting job here.
Originally posted by GORO:
We have to resign Tony Wragge to compete for starting job here.

Yes! Give him a deal with extra incentive if he is the starter.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
We just can't find any stability on the line. Our already volatile and underwhelming line just got sent into a tailspin with a massive hole at C.

It's amazing how we've been so unable to put our players in the best position to succeed. This is most evident in Baas:
1. We draft him at the top of the 2nd round after he dominated as a C in college.
2. We move him to guard where it doesn't work for 4 years.
3. We then move him to C only because circumstances necessitated the move and then he goes to have his best season and subsequently leaves to the Giants.

Without Baas, who are our best options? Kilgore? Pearson? A FA? Baas was the best FA C available.

-9fA

Mike Nolan is an idiot. He set us back a good 4 or 5 years. Draft a college center well lets move him to OG. Get Manny Lawson inexperienced as it is DE but oh wait move him to a 3-4 LB. Draft players for the position you need, we can't be messing around. We are not good enough of a team to do that. Take a one year guy from Utah played in a non pro spread offense over, nevermind...
We just can't find any stability on the line. Our already volatile and underwhelming line just got sent into a tailspin with a massive hole at C.

It's amazing how we've been so unable to put our players in the best position to succeed. This is most evident in Baas:
1. We draft him at the top of the 2nd round after he dominated as a C in college.
3. We then move him to C only because circumstances necessitated the move and then he goes to have his best season and subsequently leaves to the Giants.

Without Baas, who are our best options? Kilgore? Pearson? A FA? Baas was the best FA C available.

-9fA

you're kidding, right?
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

I would have thought, release clements, sign bass, goldson, and mcdonald. I dont get paid millions to make those calls though...so...i will just go back to playing madden and shut up.

If your call is to just resign our garbage free agents, then yeah, I think you should just go back to playing Madden.

I wouldn't have let Baas go though. Good centers are hard to find, and it's one of the hardest positions to play as well. Baas wasn't great, but he wasn't the problem on our line.

Only way you get rid of a solid performer is if you have a lined up a star.
Is anybody else wondering why we let bass go? was he not that good for us? did he want to much?

I mean...we dont have heitman this year? so..what gives?

THis confuses the junk out of me. If we lose anymore guys, i'm going to start thinking baalke may not be the right man for the job. You can't just let talent walk out the door without even trying...

I would have thought, release clements, sign bass, goldson, and mcdonald. I dont get paid millions to make those calls though...so...i will just go back to playing madden and shut up.

The 9ers got tired of everyone misspelling his name.
we're tanking the season to get Luck...why let 2 solid veteran leaders and still productive athletes go? especially when one of them is an area of great need (Center) because of injury to others....

that is a red flag to me.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
we're tanking the season to get Luck...why let 2 solid veteran leaders and still productive athletes go? especially when one of them is an area of great need (Center) because of injury to others....

LOL

+ 1

Holy Jeebus! You know those movies where certain soldiers on the line go running off in the other direction once the abundant enemies are seen coming through the forest?

Yeah... let's don't be one of those guys.
sorry guys, i'm stressed out because I'm in job limbo and will most likely be moving and don't have any certainty on anything at the moment. I just realized i'm being whiney, not characteristic of me.

I'll say this. Thank God we at least get to watch football this year. Go niners.

• dmax
  • Veteran

no..no. No nfl team will tank. I will never believe that
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brooklyn49er:

-9fA

Mike Nolan is an idiot. He set us back a good 4 or 5 years. Draft a college center well lets move him to OG. Get Manny Lawson inexperienced as it is DE but oh wait move him to a 3-4 LB. Draft players for the position you need, we can't be messing around. We are not good enough of a team to do that. Take a one year guy from Utah played in a non pro spread offense over, nevermind...

What's your opinion of Harbaugh? Must be an idiot too, right? He just drafted Aldon Smith a college DE and plan to move him to a 3-4 LB.

Given the prevailing attitude on the Zone, this will probably be good news to most folks...
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by brooklyn49er:

-9fA

What's your opinion of Harbaugh? Must be an idiot too, right? He just drafted Aldon Smith a college DE and plan to move him to a 3-4 LB.

Must be. Because Harbaugh drafted him right. Because he is the Gm on the team who made the decision right?
well, as an alex smith supporter, i m going to start banking my alexcuses with the loss of baas
Share 49ersWebzone