There are 195 users in the forums

With Baas to the Giants, what does that mean for us?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We just can't find any stability on the line. Our already volatile and underwhelming line just got sent into a tailspin with a massive hole at C.

It's amazing how we've been so unable to put our players in the best position to succeed. This is most evident in Baas:
1. We draft him at the top of the 2nd round after he dominated as a C in college.
2. We move him to guard where it doesn't work for 4 years.
3. We then move him to C only because circumstances necessitated the move and then he goes to have his best season and subsequently leaves to the Giants.

Without Baas, who are our best options? Kilgore? Pearson? A FA? Baas was the best FA C available.

-9fA
Adam Snyder was our center for Camp Alex. I think he puts all his reps now there starts at center in September.
would we start the rookie c from stanford who is already familiar with harbaughs system?

baas was above average at C except for the beautifully hicked ball ten yards over alexs head
Dude we don't win games, we don't pay for GOOD players, and we are unable to cut the f**kign cord from Alex Smith and I'm sure the entire league can see that, knowing we wont go anywhere with him at qb. Why would anyone sign here?
I think we go fishing for a free Agent now, How can you not? Snyder is the first back up at 3 out of 5 line postions and the kids are all later round and non drafteds that need time to develop. The Cowboys and Giants are tossing linemen in the street like they are a dime a dozen...time to make some phone calls.
I went to the Giants website they have not announced the deal yet maybe some hope left...
Sh!t, I knew after TKO left there would be some more. This one is going to hurt too...
Adam Snyder? Daniel Kilgore? Person?

Havent got the slightest clue what the plan Harbaugh was talking about, is.
Heitman back as our starter?
Originally posted by niners94:

Out for the year again with the Neck I believe

Originally posted by niners94:

out for the year after neck surgery
  • Veteran
We are building through the draft. LOL
Is anybody else wondering why we let bass go? was he not that good for us? did he want to much?

I mean...we dont have heitman this year? so..what gives?

THis confuses the junk out of me. If we lose anymore guys, i'm going to start thinking baalke may not be the right man for the job. You can't just let talent walk out the door without even trying...

I would have thought, release clements, sign bass, goldson, and mcdonald. I dont get paid millions to make those calls though...so...i will just go back to playing madden and shut up.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Is anybody else wondering why we let bass go? was he not that good for us? did he want to much?

I mean...we dont have heitman this year? so..what gives?

THis confuses the junk out of me. If we lose anymore guys, i'm going to start thinking baalke may not be the right man for the job. You can't just let talent walk out the door without even trying...

I would have thought, release clements, sign bass, goldson, and mcdonald. I dont get paid millions to make those calls though...so...i will just go back to playing madden and shut up.

Guess NYG offered him a crazy deal he couldn't turn down.
Baas was ok but why overpay for him? I mean I dont know how much he got but it makes sense for a team like the Giants to grab him because he's cheap for them, fills a need with OHara gone, and they have Super Bowl aspirations.

Us on the other hand have a first year GM and HC. They probably want to do things their way and I dont doubt they have a plan.

Everyone is freaking out about resigning Alex but why not see what he can do with a real offensive mind? Its really a win win. We see what he does and he can be a stopgap for Kap in the meantime.

Many freaked out about TKO but he's on the downturn and its better to let him go a year early that a year late.

And now Baas. The guy was decent but nothing I would tie 3-4 years and 15 Mil too.

Gotta trust the front office and realize this isnt going to be fixed in a year or even 2. Harbaugh will want his type of guys and I trust that. That is all for my rant.
Share 49ersWebzone