There are 204 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What year was your favorite 49er team?

I'd have to go with the '94 team. Im 30, so I really didnt get to see much of the Joe days. I believe that the '94 team is in the top 5 of all time in the NFL.
I am just turning 27, and would love to say one of the 1st 4 SB's, but I can't.

So i am going with the 49ers last SB season. That was like my shining moment being a niners fan, even if I was young, it made me a complete 49er fan.

I have gone thru as well as everyone thru tough season after season. But I know things are looking good. We have a good coach, and I think Harbaugh is the guy who can actually take Alex and make him good.

Alex's best yr was in 06 i believe when we had Norv Turner, that was his most impressive yr.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I am just turning 27, and would love to say one of the 1st 4 SB's, but I can't.

So i am going with the 49ers last SB season. That was like my shining moment being a niners fan, even if I was young, it made me a complete 49er fan.

I have gone thru as well as everyone thru tough season after season. But I know things are looking good. We have a good coach, and I think Harbaugh is the guy who can actually take Alex and make him good.

Alex's best yr was in 06 i believe when we had Norv Turner, that was his most impressive yr.



everthing was good until the bolded part
1989
1. 1981-First is always the best
2. 1989-Best Niner team ever and top five all time
3. 1984-Great year after superbowl in 81, strike in 82 then screwed in 83.
4. 1988-The second biggest surprise winner after 1981
5. 1994-Great team, but loaded with mercenaries. It was great to punk the Cowboys!

1991 - Honorable mention. Didn't make the playoffs but they were fun down the stretch.
2004!
Erickson, Rattay, Dorsey, Barlow, Conway, Woods, Lloyd, Johnson!
That offense was stacked!

[ Edited by btthepunk on Jun 20, 2011 at 19:04:35 ]
Originally posted by btthepunk:
2004!
Erickson, Rattay, DorseyBarlow, Conway, Woods, Lloyd, Johnson!
That offense was stacked!

ive never seen someone hit the hole so fast. he didnt hesitate at all
The 1994 team. Some of the other SB teams were better. I was 7 years old at the time and that year was what made me fall in love with the Niners.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
2004!
Erickson, Rattay, Dorsey, Barlow, Conway, Woods, Lloyd, Johnson!
That offense was stacked!

That's actually a very good supporting cast, but those quarterbacks couldn't take advantage because they were so abysmal. Had Alex Smith played with that 04 team (and not as a rookie), he would've been a Pro Bowler.
I grew up a Niner fan, but my real interest came with the 94 team. That team on paper may be one of the most stacked in history.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I grew up a Niner fan, but my real interest came with the 94 team. That team on paper may be one of the most stacked in history.

it really didnt have one weakness
My favorite was the 89 team,man they were going to win it all and you knew it early in the year. The 94 team was very good too, a lot of fun to watch all those pro bowlers on one team.
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I grew up a Niner fan, but my real interest came with the 94 team. That team on paper may be one of the most stacked in history.

it really didnt have one weakness

The Eagles beat them 40-8, and Joe Montana led the Chiefs to victory over them, so they had SOME weaknesses. They were good, maybe Top 20 all-time, but they were certainly not the 1999 Rams or 2004 Patriots.
Originally posted by AlexIsClass:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I grew up a Niner fan, but my real interest came with the 94 team. That team on paper may be one of the most stacked in history.

it really didnt have one weakness

The Eagles beat them 40-8, and Joe Montana led the Chiefs to victory over them, so they had SOME weaknesses. They were good, maybe Top 20 all-time, but they were certainly not the 1999 Rams or 2004 Patriots.

*sigh*
'89, no question. Opposing teams knew they were gonna lose. Most games were decided before the anthem was over. Just watching Rathman and Craig tearing up LBs was awesome. By the second half, they'd be tired and confused, trying to tackle Rathman high (train wreck) or Craig low (piston knees). Good times.