LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

What year was your favorite 49er team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bigmike55:

sorry to hear that

Personally, I like to watch the 2004 season on Dvd. Even though we didn't win much, it ushered in the great Alex Smith era.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jun 20, 2011 at 20:03:15 ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Personally, I like to watch the 2004 season on Dvd. Even though we didn't win much, but it ushered in the great Alex Smith era.

sorry to see that
2004, we had f**kin squad, boy!
1994!

Offensive machine
Really hard to choose between 89 and 94 teams
Emotionally, the first broke a long drought. Beating the Cowboys in 94 was extremely satisfying and then the Bolts for the Super Bowl. But the 84 team was a machine, easily in the top three of all time. The Dolphin team they beat was loaded and had a passing attack unmatched in the NFL since the days of Bob Waterfield and Norm VanBrocklin with the Rams.
The '94 Team because that was the year I really understood football and also because my best friend was a cowboy fan and that was the year we beat them!
1984. They lost one game the entire year then chased "demi-God" Dan Marino all over Standford Stadium in the Super Bowl. All you heard from the east coast media before the game was how Miami was unstoppable. Wendell Tyler, Roger Craig, Dwight Clark, Ronnie Lott, Fred Dean, Russ Francis. Only downside - no Jerry Rice. The '89 and '94 teams were great too.

Originally posted by dbdublin:
1984. They lost one game the entire year then chased "demi-God" Dan Marino all over Standford Stadium in the Super Bowl. All you heard from the east coast media before the game was how Miami was unstoppable. Wendell Tyler, Roger Craig, Dwight Clark, Ronnie Lott, Fred Dean, Russ Francis. Only downside - no Jerry Rice. The '89 and '94 teams were great too.

I considered them, but you gotta have the GOAT on your all-time Niners team. 89 had it all, except for Bill Walsh. Tough to leave him out, too. I'm starting to question my choice a bit, but I have never seen a more dominant team.
  • Otter
  • Veteran

The comeback drive to win it all. I'll never forget it.
Originally posted by AlexIsClass:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I grew up a Niner fan, but my real interest came with the 94 team. That team on paper may be one of the most stacked in history.

it really didnt have one weakness

The Eagles beat them 40-8, and Joe Montana led the Chiefs to victory over them, so they had SOME weaknesses. They were good, maybe Top 20 all-time, but they were certainly not the 1999 Rams or 2004 Patriots.

Yeah but the weaknesses were chemistry early in the season. Once that train started rolling there was no stopping it.
I feel bad that a lot of the posters didn't get to see the early dynasty teams we had. Although the 1994 team boasted a lot of all pro's, even JMontana said the 1989 team was something else.

The only other comparison I can compare with the 1989 team was the 1984 team that went 15-1 reg. season, going and winning the SB. But still, that 1989 team was something to watch!

1988 Bill Walsh last super bowl.
Share 49ersWebzone