LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

What year was your favorite 49er team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I am just turning 27, and would love to say one of the 1st 4 SB's, but I can't.

So i am going with the 49ers last SB season. That was like my shining moment being a niners fan, even if I was young, it made me a complete 49er fan.

I have gone thru as well as everyone thru tough season after season. But I know things are looking good. We have a good coach, and I think Harbaugh is the guy who can actually take Alex and make him good.

Alex's best yr was in 06 i believe when we had Norv Turner, that was his most impressive yr.

everthing was good until the bolded part

Exactly! WTH does he have to be mentioned in the "favorite 49er team" thread??
its a toss up between the 1994 team and the 1989 team, but im giving the edge to the 1994 team! in my opinion, even if im a little biased as a niner fan, its truly hard to see a better team in league history. the undefeated dolphins were highly overated! they were all around well rounded with great coaching, but they were just above average in certain departments. i think the 94 niners wouldve wooped em.
  • Veteran
1984 team was one of the all time best, they went 15-1 and demolished the Miami Dolphins in the SB. Sport writers were giving us no chance on beating Marino and his high power offense. I forgot what the odds were, but it was totally one sided for the fish.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_San_Francisco_49ers_season#Personnel

[ Edited by 190836 on Jun 21, 2011 at 17:21:47 ]
I could say '88 because all the stars were there including Bill Walsh but my all-time favorite Niner team was '89. It was almost impossible to defeat them and those who did won by no more than 4 points, if there was one more TD in those 2 games the 49ers would've had a perfect season. It was definitely a team that you knew you would lose to but you were hoping it wasn't a massacre, the Broncos had no chance by halftime in SBXXIV it was over. The 49ers still had Montana,Young,Rice,Craig,Taylor and Rathman on offense then on defense you had Lott,Haley,Romanowski,Turner,Carter and Wright...That's a stacked team.

It's sad that at one point anything less than 10 wins was a failure, now 7-9 is considered success wow appreciate what you have before its gone because you'll miss it once it ends.
Romanowski was a backup in 89.
98, I was a 7 year old who hated the packers so when we beat them in the playoffs I was pretty friggin pumped. Steve Young was my hero and I knew who TO and Jerry were also!
94. steve , Jerry, ricky watters, john taylor, brent jones, deion sanders, ken norton, merton hanks, tim mcdonald. that team was so fun to watch. one of the best teams in NFL history i think
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
98, I was a 7 year old who hated the packers so when we beat them in the playoffs I was pretty friggin pumped. Steve Young was my hero and I knew who TO and Jerry were also!

I was in college....
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I was in college....

i was 12 and so pumped durin that SB i was wearing my new starter jacket

I was in college....

SB? I said 98 not 94.

I was in college....

SB? I said 98 not 94.

well then........
Originally posted by craigyboy:
in order gotta go:

1. 81 - it ALL started here
2. 89 - all pistons firing and ultimate peak of the greatest qb's career
3. 94 - pinnacle of the franchise's organization, system, and personnel
4. 84 - prototypical rb and all-pro secondary, walsh's system becomes a legitimate nightmare
5. 88 - just simply an incredible sb comeback drive!

This for me too! To lazy to write my own.LOL!
mines was 1997. Yea, both Rice and Young got hurt in the same game. Yea, we lost to green bay in 1997, but I thought this was the best team since the 94' superbowl year. I remember Jerry Rice coming back, electrifying the crowd, and scoring the touchdown-until he got hurt again. And we beat the broncos. With all respect to the 1998 team, this team had the best chance of winning the superbowl, but green bay was the better team.
It would be a 3 way tie between 89,94 and 98(Is that the year we lost Hearst on the second play to the Falcons in the playoffs?-we dont lose him, we win the Super Bowl that year).
Share 49ersWebzone