There are 165 users in the forums

Gore's rushing total

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Gore's rushing total

I say about 1100. I think he will be more effective as I am expecting the line and passing game to be better which will allow for some big games.

On the flip side, (assuming he is healthy all year) I think he will split some time with Dixon & or Hunter. I think Gore is still the feature back, but in an effort to save him I think it makes sense to sit him down a few plays here and there.

Best case scenario is the Niners start to get rushing yards the way they did in the old days, by running out the clock with a 3 TD lead going into the 2nd half.....won't hold my breath!
I think Gore stays healthier with a RB by commitee approach this season. I gotta guess between 1200 - 1300 yds with some nice recieving yds added in. The passing game is gonna make running the ball very effective.
I hope he runs for as many yards as he can obviously, but as a minimum amount I would say 931 yards. Why 931 yards? That is how many yards he needs to overtake the late great Joe Perry as the 49ers career rushing leader. I hope he at least gets that.
Gore's had 1641 touches in his career for an average of 273.5 per season. 1371 carries and 270 receptions. That's a hell of a lot of hits. I think Harbaugh will cut his touches and spread the ball around.
I'll go with 1300 yards and 11 rushing TDs. 16 total
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I have a feeling he's gonna go off this year.

1,204 yards
11 TD
I am saying around 1200 and a injury free season.
i think they'll limit his carries a bit, so he's fresh for the playoffs :D, but i can still see 1200, with 2-300 for dixon and hunter.
Considering Harbaugh's knowledge and overall creativity... i too believe he will try and dish it out to Hunter and Dixon, but i can definately see Gore getting a 1000 yard season.
First and foremost would just like him to stay healthy, but i belive we can be successful with not only his running but also his receptions out of the backfield.
He definitly will break 1000 yards if healthy. I expect his YPC to go up dramatically. I think his true YPC ability was masked with all the 3 yards and a cloud of dust play calling.

Injuries aside, I think he will match his 2007 totals under Norv or surpass the receiving stats from that year.

Harbaugh is no dummy. He will use Alex's strengths and Gore's strengths and we may see a lot of check downs to our best player similar to what Norv did.
Well since we will make the playoffs, and put up 24 points per game.... and alex will throw for 3700 yards and 28 tds....

Then gore will easily have 1021 rushing, and 1821 (pass/rush combined)

[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Jun 20, 2011 at 12:48:12 ]
I think Fanks days of over 1200 are over I say a little more than 1000
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I think Fanks days of over 1200 are over I say a little more than 1000

the only reason I think he will barely get more than 1000, is because he will be splitting time with the other backs.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Injuries aside, I think he will match his 2007 totals under Norv or surpass the receiving stats from that year.

Harbaugh is no dummy. He will use Alex's strengths and Gore's strengths and we may see a lot of check downs to our best player similar to what Norv did.

2007 Gore - Elite RB
2011 Gore - Veteran RB

I just don't think Frank can hold up throughout an entire season. I'm guessing around 950 yd rushing 450 yd receiving with 6 total TDs.

But the overall rushing stats for the team will improve, as Dixon and Hunter will get 500 yd and 300 yd, respectively.

I also think this will be the last year that Frank is the feature back. He has too mileage at this point in his career.
Share 49ersWebzone