LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 122 users in the forums

Gore's rushing total

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Gore's rushing total

I wouldve said gore would get 1,300 - 1,500 yds, but he gets injured every year. so im going with a lil over 1,100! i love frank gore! but im also excited to see about kendall hunter!
1500+ for me if hes healthy. A improved gameplan and a zbs will do wonders for Gore imo. Its gonna take alot of outstanding work to take away carries from Gore.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
He will have between 1000-1200 yards. Gore is basically a lock to miss 2-3 games a season. Plus I can see Hunter and Dixon getting a good amount of carries too

He usually misses one game, maybe 2. He may be injured for 5 or 6 games, but he still plays and does well considering the ineptitude of the rest of the offense. People go overboard when they talk about his injuries, acting as if he misses 1/4 of the season every year. Last year was the only time he missed more than 2 games in any season since he became a starter and it was on a fluke injury. It's not as if his hip was a chronic issue leading up to the injury. Steven Jackson is more of a lock to miss 2-4 games a season, yet he managed to play every game last year.

People don't understand how valuable this guy is until he goes down. Even one half of a game seems
like an eternity without him. That's probably why people overdo it when speaking of his injuries.

I agree 121%....just wait until gore is done for good...ie..retired or traded...then the haters on the board will realize gore is easily, yes easily, a top 5 overall back in this league...with a team that in all honesty has been run like a college team since he has been on this team..gore has produced in all phases since the day he bcame a starter.

We were spoiled as fans at the qb position for years, now look at us...granted rb is not as important as the qb position...BUT without gore we would have won less games than we have of he was not part of this team!!!!

Gore>1400! Put it on the board!!! CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!
I read this and got a boner:

Gore: Talking to him, you can tell that he's a very smart man. He told me that before I left to make sure that I'm in great shape after the lockout because he'll be counting on me this year. He also told me the way he's going to use me and show the whole world that I'm the best back in the league.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/07/15/frank-gore-interview/index.html#ixzz1SDvhQiHP
Re: the original question, he'll do 1200 if he plays all 16 games. Question is can he stay healthy?
[ Edited by cwilson830 on Jul 15, 2011 at 5:43 PM ]
I just want Frank to be healthy and play all 16 games. I think if he gets the injury bug again, 9ers have to take a long hard look at life without Frank in the future.

At least now we have a competent coach that will utilize all the RB's and not run Frank into the ground so there's a good chance he stays healthy as he should get less carries.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Re: the original question, he'll do 1200 if he plays all 16 games. Question is can he stay healthy?

not with a hip injury
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Gore: Talking to him, you can tell that he's a very smart man. He told me that before I left to make sure that I'm in great shape after the lockout because he'll be counting on me this year. He also told me the way he's going to use me and show the whole world that I'm the best back in the league.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/07/15/frank-gore-interview/index.html#ixzz1SDvhQiHP

Originally posted by jrg:
I have a feeling he's gonna go off this year.

1,204 yards
11 TD

1204??

to borrow from michael urban - MML (making me laugh)
I wanted mark Ingram stead of Gore!

Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
1500+ for me if hes healthy. A improved gameplan and a zbs will do wonders for Gore imo. Its gonna take alot of outstanding work to take away carries from Gore.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Originally posted by BuZzB28:

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Jul 16, 2011 at 10:19 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone