LB: A Smith/Gibson
LB: Willis/Bowman
LB: McKillop/Bowman
LB: Brooks/Gibson
S: Goldson(FA)/Mays
S: R Smith/Taylor
CB: Clements(FA)/Adams/Culliver
CB: Spencer/Brock/Culliver
I was holding it all in until I looked at the secondary...then it just all came out.

There is no way that secondary can defend against the likes of Fitzgerald and Rice and Jones. The pressure on the 49er offense to keep the defense off the field is going to be enormous.

Agree that the DBs are biggest worry. WCO may really help by keeping the ball longer than Singletary/Raye's three and outs.

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jul 29, 2011 at 11:59:22 ]
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I'm tired of seeing Norris at FB. He offers limited flexibility and he isn't even that great at what he presently can do. The primary recollection that I have of Norris is of him looking like a fool while trying to catch a pass from Alex Smith.

I'm skeptical that Miller will pan out at FB. Even more so since he's being converted from DL, which is something that I still don't understand. I definitely cannot see him making any immediate impact.

-9fA

If you are talking about the 5 yard pass that sailed over his head as he dove backwards to try to make a grab, it was Alex Smith who looked like the fool for not being able to drop a catchable ball to a wide open full back from 5 yards out.

Why are you skeptical of Miller panning out at FB? FB requires an individual that can run into the pile and smash into a defensive player, not exactly rocket science. You basically just have to be tough to play FB

All Norris had to do was keep running three steps and it would floated right into his arms. Instead he turned around and started stumbling backwards. Smith probably should have put it right on him but Norris should have caught that ball. He was wide open and Smith floated it out to him. Norris is a three-tow sloth. The only reason he's there is that Frank wants him. And we all know Frank has been running the team for the past four years.
Originally posted by dbdublin:
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I'm tired of seeing Norris at FB. He offers limited flexibility and he isn't even that great at what he presently can do. The primary recollection that I have of Norris is of him looking like a fool while trying to catch a pass from Alex Smith.

I'm skeptical that Miller will pan out at FB. Even more so since he's being converted from DL, which is something that I still don't understand. I definitely cannot see him making any immediate impact.

-9fA

If you are talking about the 5 yard pass that sailed over his head as he dove backwards to try to make a grab, it was Alex Smith who looked like the fool for not being able to drop a catchable ball to a wide open full back from 5 yards out.

Why are you skeptical of Miller panning out at FB? FB requires an individual that can run into the pile and smash into a defensive player, not exactly rocket science. You basically just have to be tough to play FB

All Norris had to do was keep running three steps and it would floated right into his arms. Instead he turned around and started stumbling backwards. Smith probably should have put it right on him but Norris should have caught that ball. He was wide open and Smith floated it out to him. Norris is a three-tow sloth. The only reason he's there is that Frank wants him. And we all know Frank has been running the team for the past four years.

It wasn't a good play by Norris but Alex needs to put that ball on the money every single time. He's a decent blocking fullback still, just not a pass catcher. We knew that when we signed him.

Frank has been running the team? In what way?
WITH the caveat that we keep Goldson and sign either Braylon Edwards or Malcom Floyd:

QB (2)- Smith, Kaepernick
HB (3)- Gore, Dixon, Hunter
FB (1)- Miller
WR (6)- Crabtree, Floyd/Edwards, Morgan, Ginn, R. Johnson, K. Williams
TE (3)- Davis, Walker, Jennings
OL (10)- Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Rachal, Davis, Snyder, Wragge, Boone, Beeler, Kilgore/Person
DL (6)- J. Smith, Sopoaga, McDonald, Jean-Francois, Evans, I. Williams
LB (9)- A. Smith, Haralson, Brooks, Willis, Bowman, McKillop, Applewhite, Gibson, Grant/Kristick/Joseph/Rowe (whoever is best on special teams)
CB (5)- Spencer, Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Adams/Brock (whoever is best on special teams)
S (5)- Goldson, R. Smith, M. Williams, Mays, Spillman/C. Jones/Maragos/C. Taylor (whoever is best on special teams)
K (1)- Akers
P (1)- Lee

That's 52 guys. I suppose the last spot can either go to a 3rd string QB that we pick up or trade for (Josh Johnson?) or Moran Norris (if he has ANYTHING left in the tank) or something like that.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
we need 3 QB's
Originally posted by fly15:
we need 3 QB's

We also don't need/want Evans.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cwilson830:
we need 3 QB's

whos evans
we need 3 QB's

whos evans

Exactly
we need 3 QB's

whos evans

Exactly

He probably means Demetric
Originally posted by MrOrange:
we need 3 QB's

whos evans

Exactly

He probably means Demetric

http://www.nfl.com/player/demetricevans/2504457/profile

updated, could put all roster/depth chart predictions here???
Need a 3rd Qb and Another TE. With Harbaugh we will carry 3 TE and Jennings is only a LS
QB: Smith, Kapernick, FA
RB: Gore, Hunter, Dixon
FB: Corcoran, Miller
WR: Crabtree, Morgan, Johnson, Ginn, Williams
OL: Staley, Boone, Iupati, Wragge, Goodwin, Kilgore, Snyder, Rachal, Davis
TE: Davis, Walker, Reuland

DL: McDonald, Jean-Francois, Sopoaga, I.Williams, J.Smith, Tukuafu
LB: A Smith, Applewhite, Brooks, Willis, Bowman, McKillop, Grant, Haralson, Castonzo
CB: Rogers, Spencer, Brown, Adams, Culliver
S: M.Williams, Spillman, R.Smith, Mays, C.Jones

ST: Akers, Lee, Jennings

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 3, 2011 at 15:56:16 ]
i think we'll get a veteran QB for 3rd string
we need 3 QB's

Who should he be replaced with? He's a decent rotational d-end that'll give you pretty good value considering he'd only be making like $1M or so. Otherwise RJF is our only back-up that can play d-end and he's been working mostly at NT lately...
Share 49ersWebzone