LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

49ers 2011 Roster/Depth Chart Predictions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Couple things, Wragge SHOULD make it he is better than Person and Kilgore, he is a vet who can play G, C and even T.

Next Ian Williams will NOT pass waivers.

And I fear Norris makes it.
If you're referring to my post I guess 50/50 heart vs logic. I thought about Wragge but I have this thinking about not putting draft picks on the P.S (even though I put C.Jones on it because of the #'s at safety) and I know that teams not always keep every draft pick and if an injury occurs with 1 or 2 of the interior lineman I think Wragge will be still available to re-sign.With that I left him off. In regards to Williams I think we only keep 6 DL and Dobbs looks like he's going to make the squad. Now with Norris I'm with you that was one choice I definitely went with my heart.

No prob. I love Ian, i guess being a Irish fan makes me a homer, lol. But I also like dobbs. Id be fine keeping 7 if we go 8 LBs over 9 LBs.
Originally posted by niners9:
am i the only one who thinks jennings roster spot is a waste? i know he is a great LS, maybe best in the league. but r u telling me that they can't teach any other OL how to LS. harbaugh wants versatile players. maybe he gets cut. i have nothing against the guy, but i think the spot could be used for depth at another position.

yes, yes you are.

Pro Bowler, Longest Tenured 49er, and a great guy.

And not overpaid. Worth the pay. I would rather have him over say a rook like Kilgore, or even Wragge. Jennings has been doing this for yrs since 2000.

Naw, we could always have Snyder bouncing balls back to the punter. Would make the games more exciting!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
am i the only one who thinks jennings roster spot is a waste? i know he is a great LS, maybe best in the league. but r u telling me that they can't teach any other OL how to LS. harbaugh wants versatile players. maybe he gets cut. i have nothing against the guy, but i think the spot could be used for depth at another position.

yes, yes you are.

And not overpaid. Worth the pay. I would rather have him over say a rook like Kilgore, or even Wragge. Jennings has been doing this for yrs since 2000.

Naw, we could always have Snyder bouncing balls back to the punter. Would make the games more exciting!

hahaha. Then consider every punt a point(s) for the opposite team, lol
Couple things, Wragge SHOULD make it he is better than Person and Kilgore, he is a vet who can play G, C and even T.

Next Ian Williams will NOT pass waivers.

And I fear Norris makes it.

I share your fear...

yes, yes you are.

he gets over one million dollars to LS, thats crazy. just because u are a great guy doesnt mean you should make the team. i think he needs to do more than just LS, thats all.
My roster prediction:

QB: (3)

Alex Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Josh McCown

RB/FB: (4)

Frank Gore
Anthony Dixon
Kendall Hunter
Moran Norris

WR: (6)

Braylon Edwards
Michael Crabtree
Joshua Morgan
Ted Ginn Jr.
Ronald Johnson
Kyle Williams

TE: (3)

Vernon Davis
Delanie Walker
Konrad Reuland

O-line: (9)

Joe Staley
Mike Iupati
Jonathan Goodwin
Chilo Rachal
Anthony Davis
Adam Snyder
Tony Wragge
Alex Boone
Daniel Kilgore

Offense: 25 players

D-line: (6)

Ray McDonald
Isaac Sopoaga
Justin Smith
Ricky Jean-Francois
DeMarcus Dobbs
Ian Williams

LB: (8)

Patrick Willis
NaVorro Bowman
Ahmad Brooks
Aldon Smith
Parys Haralson
Larry Grant
Antwan Applewhite
Blake Costanzo

CB: (6)

Carlos Rogers
Shawntae Spencer
Chris Culliver
Tarell Brown
Tramaine Brock
Phillip Adams

S: (5)

Dashon Goldson
Donte Whitner
Reggie Smith
Colin Jones
CJ Spillman

Defense: 25 players

Special Teams: (3)

K - David Akers
P - Andy Lee
LS- Brian Jennings

Total Roster: 53 players
Originally posted by PTulini:
My roster prediction:

Alex Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Josh McCown

Frank Gore
Anthony Dixon
Kendall Hunter
Moran Norris

Braylon Edwards
Michael Crabtree
Joshua Morgan
Ted Ginn Jr.
Ronald Johnson
Kyle Williams

Vernon Davis
Delanie Walker
Konrad Reuland

Joe Staley
Mike Iupati
Jonathan Goodwin
Chilo Rachal
Anthony Davis
Adam Snyder
Tony Wragge
Alex Boone
Daniel Kilgore

Ray McDonald
Isaac Sopoaga
Justin Smith
Ricky Jean-Francois
DeMarcus Dobbs
Ian Williams

Patrick Willis
NaVorro Bowman
Ahmad Brooks
Aldon Smith
Parys Haralson
Larry Grant
Antwan Applewhite
Blake Costanzo

Carlos Rogers
Shawntae Spencer
Chris Culliver
Tarell Brown
Tramaine Brock
Phillip Adams

Dashon Goldson
Donte Whitner
Reggie Smith
Colin Jones
CJ Spillman

K - David Akers
P - Andy Lee
LS- Brian Jennings

Other than CB Adams and S C. Jones, I'm in agreement with this.
Don't think Adams is fully healthy and Jones doesn't seem ready to make the 53. I think he goes to the PS...
Dobbs is also borderline but if he makes the 53, I wouldn't complain.....nice surprise thus far.
Would love to see someone step up to take Norris' place.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

yes, yes you are.

we could also put pet food dishes underneath every seat so that way people can bring pets to games!
H

yes, yes you are.

he gets over one million dollars to LS, thats crazy. just because u are a great guy doesnt mean you should make the team. i think he needs to do more than just LS, thats all.

He is thee best long snapper in the league and deserves every penny. Haven't ever see a bad snal for us on special teams in 11 years.

He is like a kicker or a punter. We don't want Gore and Willis to punt and kick field goals do we?
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
My roster prediction:

Alex Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Josh McCown

Frank Gore
Anthony Dixon
Kendall Hunter
Moran Norris

Braylon Edwards
Michael Crabtree
Joshua Morgan
Ted Ginn Jr.
Ronald Johnson
Kyle Williams

Vernon Davis
Delanie Walker
Konrad Reuland

Joe Staley
Mike Iupati
Jonathan Goodwin
Chilo Rachal
Anthony Davis
Adam Snyder
Tony Wragge
Alex Boone
Daniel Kilgore

Ray McDonald
Isaac Sopoaga
Justin Smith
Ricky Jean-Francois
DeMarcus Dobbs
Ian Williams

Patrick Willis
NaVorro Bowman
Ahmad Brooks
Aldon Smith
Parys Haralson
Larry Grant
Antwan Applewhite
Blake Costanzo

Carlos Rogers
Shawntae Spencer
Chris Culliver
Tarell Brown
Tramaine Brock
Phillip Adams

Dashon Goldson
Donte Whitner
Reggie Smith
Colin Jones
CJ Spillman

K - David Akers
P - Andy Lee
LS- Brian Jennings

Other than CB Adams and S C. Jones, I'm in agreement with this.
Don't think Adams is fully healthy and Jones doesn't seem ready to make the 53. I think he goes to the PS...
Dobbs is also borderline but if he makes the 53, I wouldn't complain.....nice surprise thus far.
Would love to see someone step up to take Norris' place.

- I put Colin Jones on the roster solely for his speed and special teams ability. Our ST Coordinator, Brad Seely picked him in the draft. The 49ers have also been experimenting with him at WR during camp.

- I agree with you regarding FB Moran Norris, but as of now, I don't see anyone on our roster who can challenge him. We drafted Bruce Miller, but I he's a conversion player and I don't think he's ready right now. I could see the 49ers making more roster moves when teams have to cut down to 53. Maybe add a FB, RB, or a CB?
[ Edited by PTulini on Aug 19, 2011 at 9:48 PM ]

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
we could also put pet food dishes underneath every seat so that way people can bring pets to games!

My dog doesn't particularly like football so it would be a waste of money.
- I put Colin Jones on the roster solely for his speed and special teams ability. Our ST Coordinator, Brad Seely picked him in the draft. The 49ers have also been experimenting with him at WR during camp.

- I agree with you regarding FB Moran Norris, but as of now, I don't see anyone on our roster who can challenge him. We drafted Bruce Miller, but I he's a conversion player and I don't think he's ready right now. I could see the 49ers making more roster moves when teams have to cut down to 53. Maybe add a FB, RB, or a CB?

I personally think Takafu(sp?) is a lock to make this team. I'd exchange him for Dobbs. I pretty much agree with everything else, although I could see another safety beat out Jones for the final spot and Lance Long could potentially give Johnson a run for his money.
Originally posted by nw9erfan:

I think we are on the same page for the most part...

I was concerned about the secondary before training camp began but it seems to be coming together pretty nicely thus far. Rogers and Whitner were really nice additions. With Brock and Brown playing well, perhaps the team is cool at CB for the time being. Still not sold on the S position but if the team is cool with M Williams and Spillman, then I guess I am, although that is assuming Goldson picks it up this season....no guarantee of that.

I was also very concerned about both the DL and OL before TC.

Getting Ian Williams as an UFA was a very nice pick-up. I think he makes the final 53 because the team needs depth at that position with RJF providing depth at all 3 positions. Dobbs also a nice addition. We'll see if he makes the team.

Seeing the development of Boone has been really good news too. The rookies seem to be doing a decent job too. Also good news.

Getting a more versatile FB and/or a RB during the final cuts would be really nice....and I think that is very realistic.

Also think the team will be looking at QB cuts too and possibly another OG.

Wonder if Harbaugh is blowing smoke with his praise of Rachal and the OL in general.
Updated prediction:

Offense

QB - Smith, Kaepernick, McCown
RB - Gore, Dixon, Hunter, M.Norris
TE - Davis, Walker, Lawrie
WR - Edwards, Crabtree, Morgan, Williams, Ginn, Johnson
OL - Staley, Boone, Iupati, Goodwin, Kilgore, Wragge, Snyder, Rachal, Davis

Defense
DL - McDonald, J.Smith, Sopoaga, Jean-Francois, I.Williams, Tukuafu
OLB - Brooks, Aldon, Haralson, Applewhite, Bruce Miller
ILB - Willis, Bowman, Grant, Costanzo
CB - Rogers, Spencer, Brown, Brock, Culliver
FS - Goldson, Spillman
SS - Whitner, Reggie Smith, Jones

Special Teams
Akers, Lee, Jennings

Note: Think we'll bring in another fullback after other teams' final cuts. See us trying Bruce Miller on defense and keeping him at DE/ILB/OLB -- especially if Applewhite and Haralson are unimpressive -- and as a back-up fullback. Also, either Jones or Philip Adams gets the last DB spot. Bowman and Grant can both play inside and out, this gives us LB flexibility, especially if we keep Bruce Miller and give him defensive reps. He's a younger, healthier guy than Scott McKillop.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 19, 2011 at 11:38 PM ]
What happened to CB Will James?
Share 49ersWebzone