There are 207 users in the forums

What about Vernon at the player-run practices??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Next Alex smith centered post is a warning. This thread is for VD.
In my opinion, A.Smith is the key to Davis' success, because if Aldon Smith can get to the QB Davis will get on the field more often....

A little funny...
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jun 3, 2011 at 8:19 PM ]
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
In my opinion, A.Smith is the key to Davis' success, because if Aldon Smith can get to the QB Davis will get on the field more often....

A little funny...

I'll give it a 4.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

A little funny...

Almost. You forgot to mention Justin Smith and Reggie Smith.

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Jun 3, 2011 at 10:16 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by JayBee:

There you go downplaying everyone.

The hell are you talking about talent at the backup RB and FB position. Are you serious? How many teams have 2 top flight RB's let alone 1. Since when did a FB figure into solid QB play? WTF does a FB have to do with QBing? LOL @ you talking about the line. Larry Allen, Joe Staley, Heitman, Iupati, etc...yea all scrubs.

Alex from his 2nd year onward had talent around him. Antonio Bryant played well. He put up 1000+ yards before he arrived to SF and after he left. But of course, his poor play has nothing to do with a QB who threw for 1 TD the year before, right? Brandon Lloyd is not a pro bowler but he had talent as well...but I won't even mention him. Then Alex had a top tier RB for virtually his entire career and a beast of a tight end for a good chunk of his career. How many 1st picks got this kind of talent in their first few years? Add to that Alex has had talented receivers. Say what you want about Bruce but he looked pretty damn good with O'Sullivan and Hill throwing him balls. Granted, he was old and I'll let that go. Josh Morgan is talented, Michael Crabtree is talented. Delanie Walker is talented. I mean the talent is there.

Dudes off the street came in and outperformed Alex. Mike Martz assessed the QB situation and picked JT O'Sullivan as the starter and this was BEFORE Alex got hurt. Martz even said Alex was having difficulty in his system.

Stop making excuses for a poor player.

Misquoting as a method of argument is admitting defeat. I did not mention back up RBs or FBs. But when Gore is on the bench due to injury or need to rest, who have the 9ers had to help carry the load? Fullbacks never figure in QB play unless they miss a block and allow a sack or fail to slide as an outlet during blitzes. And yes, the good teams tend to be grooming young RBs to take over when necessary, rather than having them find god and guns.

Gore is the one true, unqualified bigtime player on the 9ers offense. The defense has two with Willis and J Smith. The punter should be mentioned but that's about it. Does the team have a first rate return man? No.

You mention several linemen who are talented but they were from various years and did not play as a unit. The line must be a cohesive unit but has not been in the past six to eight years. Players were good playing next to mediocre, next to rookie, next to...Good lines tend to stay together for a while. Allen was on the team for one and a half years, played well, stabilized the line to some degree and then retired. When I say stabilized it means taking it from god awful to OK...not from good to great.

Bruce looked really good when Smith had his broken shoulder. Oh, I forgot, broken shoulders are Alexcuses.

Antonio Bryant was a favorite of mine so I was very disappointed when he self destructed. That was Smith's fault as well? His erratic behavior and one year stay in SF was sad but bears no witness to Smith's ability.

I get that you have a personal stake in hating Smith. I do not. I do wish the 9ers had drafted Rogers as I had hoped but do not spend much time wallowing in self pity.

Won't be responding...as per mod's post. I don't hate anyone, btw. I just think at a certain point, you have to rise above the turmoil and perform.

The hell are you talking about talent at the backup RB and FB position. Are you serious? How many teams have 2 top flight RB's let alone 1. Since when did a FB figure into solid QB play? WTF does a FB have to do with QBing? LOL @ you talking about the line. Larry Allen, Joe Staley, Heitman, Iupati, etc...yea all scrubs.

Alex from his 2nd year onward had talent around him. Antonio Bryant played well. He put up 1000+ yards before he arrived to SF and after he left. But of course, his poor play has nothing to do with a QB who threw for 1 TD the year before, right? Brandon Lloyd is not a pro bowler but he had talent as well...but I won't even mention him. Then Alex had a top tier RB for virtually his entire career and a beast of a tight end for a good chunk of his career. How many 1st picks got this kind of talent in their first few years? Add to that Alex has had talented receivers. Say what you want about Bruce but he looked pretty damn good with O'Sullivan and Hill throwing him balls. Granted, he was old and I'll let that go. Josh Morgan is talented, Michael Crabtree is talented. Delanie Walker is talented. I mean the talent is there.

Dudes off the street came in and outperformed Alex. Mike Martz assessed the QB situation and picked JT O'Sullivan as the starter and this was BEFORE Alex got hurt. Martz even said Alex was having difficulty in his system.

Misquoting as a method of argument is admitting defeat. I did not mention back up RBs or FBs. But when Gore is on the bench due to injury or need to rest, who have the 9ers had to help carry the load? Fullbacks never figure in QB play unless they miss a block and allow a sack or fail to slide as an outlet during blitzes. And yes, the good teams tend to be grooming young RBs to take over when necessary, rather than having them find god and guns.

Gore is the one true, unqualified bigtime player on the 9ers offense. The defense has two with Willis and J Smith. The punter should be mentioned but that's about it. Does the team have a first rate return man? No.

You mention several linemen who are talented but they were from various years and did not play as a unit. The line must be a cohesive unit but has not been in the past six to eight years. Players were good playing next to mediocre, next to rookie, next to...Good lines tend to stay together for a while. Allen was on the team for one and a half years, played well, stabilized the line to some degree and then retired. When I say stabilized it means taking it from god awful to OK...not from good to great.

Bruce looked really good when Smith had his broken shoulder. Oh, I forgot, broken shoulders are Alexcuses.

Antonio Bryant was a favorite of mine so I was very disappointed when he self destructed. That was Smith's fault as well? His erratic behavior and one year stay in SF was sad but bears no witness to Smith's ability.

I get that you have a personal stake in hating Smith. I do not. I do wish the 9ers had drafted Rogers as I had hoped but do not spend much time wallowing in self pity.

Won't be responding...as per mod's post. I don't hate anyone, btw. I just think at a certain point, you have to rise above the turmoil and perform.

Would like to see VD and all the 9ers getting together and building team spirit. I rescind my remark and will leave well enough alone. Have a great summer!

Would like to see VD and all the 9ers getting together and building team spirit. I rescind my remark and will leave well enough alone. Have a great summer!

You know, at the end of the day we're both on the same side.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SaksV:
Same folks who were calling for Crabtree's head last week are sure quiet now....hmmmmm

The double standard is hilarious.

at the risk of................

There has been a double standard with this guy since his Indy workouts some 5 years ago.

49er Faithfuls!
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

49er Faithfuls!

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Has any NFL reporter written a comparison of the Player Led Practices from various teams? The practices might lead to more commoraderie but the niners only have a few players showing up. All three QBs are showing up now but not all the receivers. Gore is still rehabbing, so don't expect him there.

The great players tend to put in more time, whether on their own or with a teammate. Crabtree isn't a bust, but it would be nice if he dropped some of the stuff that leads fans to believe he is a diva. Act like a diva, you are a diva. VD is far from perfect. He has grown into quite a player but still needs work on recognizing defenses, etc.

I wish they all could be in the film room with Harbaugh going over their mistakes from last year and understanding their positions. That will happen as soon as the lockout lifts...any news yet!!!

Gore is 100% healthy and working out according to Rosenhaus.

Rosenhaus is an agent. If Gore had both legs amputated he would still be selling him for his ten percent. Gore is still rehabbing but if he is with the team that would lend credibility to the practices.

Rosenhaus has nothing to sell or gain at this point by making false claims.

Some of these guys could sell coal in hades...probably will!

Crabtree and VD at least showed.....Gore is still in Miami working out with others as opposed to his teammates. Looks like Drew's claim was 100% valid, Gore was healthy enough to be at the player run camps.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Next Alex smith centered post is a warning. This thread is for VD.

Why does Alex Smith suck so much?
Share 49ersWebzone