There are 197 users in the forums

What about Vernon at the player-run practices??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Pardon me if this is already posted, I didn't see anything.

With all the debate about Crabtree, it seems weird to me that Vernon has not been around. I see his tweets from all over the world lately and it seems like he is enjoying the lockout as much as the NHL and NBA are going to if it stretches into next season.

While I know he has proven himself the last couple years, he is certainly not perfect, and it would be nice to see him get in better sync with Smith heading into next year.

Just like Crabtree he has all the physical tools to be a top tier player in this league but he is not going to get there without practice. At least all reports for Crabtree is he is working out in Dallas. Vernon just seems like he is on vacation.

Has there been news about him that I have not seen???
Not a "Nolan" guy
Vernon is fine. The dude has been our best player on offense the past two years. If Sing gave us anything it was how he transformed Vernon.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Not a "Nolan" guy
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Same folks who were calling for Crabtree's head last week are sure quiet now....hmmmmm

The double standard is hilarious.
Originally posted by SaksV:
Same folks who were calling for Crabtree's head last week are sure quiet now....hmmmmm

Vernon Davis already broke out and has played with Alex Smith a lot longer.

Crabtree has never played in a preseason game and is entering the crucial 3rd season as a receiver.

He NEEDS to be there. Vernon will be there in time.
VD will be fine, I'd like to see the young players over the vets at these players only camps.
he has already proved himself as a pro

and he already has great chemistry with smith

crabtree has done neither

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
he has already proved himself as a pro

and he already has great chemistry with smith

crabtree has done neither
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran

Not a double standard when your talking about a Pro -bowler whos work ethic has never been in question and a player whos seems to have all the talent in the world but does not put in the time to utilize it
[ Edited by 9er2k on May 29, 2011 at 11:51 AM ]

Vernon has set the standard... there is no comparison. When Crabs catches 13 touchdowns in a season, fans will be more than happy to give him a free pass.
[ Edited by 5280High on May 29, 2011 at 11:02 AM ]
No VD and Crabs on a Sunday morning? Im Ok with it......
haters gonna hate!
Share 49ersWebzone