There are 250 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver, South Carolina

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Bowman was money after that punt. Aaron Roger 1 int, Alex Smith None! Game manager!

Hey, Alex out game managed Aaron.

Was that his first time??
Culliver looked good today which was nice to see. I thought he looked below his standard in the pre-season.
The last break up was beautiful
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Culliver is really, really good
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Yep, the long ball early on to Jones was a beautiful breakup by Brown. Culliver saved us on the last play... he catches that we go to OT if they score a TD and 2 pt conversion. All around great play by the secondary considering how much those guys had to cover. Wish Whitner would have caught that int though.

OMG!... would have saved us all the late game stress. Holy sh*t.

LOL, my GF was in the other room and she thought I was having a heart attack based on the noise I made when he missed that one.
Culliver plays that outside "go" route as good as any CB in the league, he showed it against Megatron in the clutch, and backed it up against Jordy when the game was on the line.
thank god for Cully! without him our depth is really bad
Cully in the house!
Originally posted by 5280High:
Culliver plays that outside "go" route as good as any CB in the league, he showed it against Megatron in the clutch, and backed it up against Jordy when the game was on the line.

Yep. Was just about to say, I'd like to see some Culliver on C.J. next weekend. He has the size and speed to hang with him... just needs to play smart and look for the ball at the last second. We do have some good stable of CBs.. but I'd sure like them to be tighter in coverage than what we so often see. (looking at you, Fangio)
His level of play has really improved.

Excellent draft pick-up.

CULLY IN THE HOUSE: Third cornerback Chris Culliver played nearly every snap as the 49ers employed their nickel defense against the Bills, who typically play three receivers.

Culliver entered the game in pass coverage for 121 snaps through four games, according to Pro Football Focus, and allowed only four catches for 30 yards. Culliver has a 42.4 passer rating against him when targeted. That rating dropped some more when Culliver hauled in an interception of a Ryan Fitzpatrick pass in the third quarter. It was Culliver's second career interception.

-Matt Maiocco

I've been saying it since last year: Culliver has the potential to be our No. 1 corner in the near future. I think this kid is legit.
Cully is a beast! i remember 99% of us scratching our heads when he was drafted lol. what a sick draft last year with cully, aldon, kaep, hunter and miller being huge contributers already
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
CULLY IN THE HOUSE: Third cornerback Chris Culliver played nearly every snap as the 49ers employed their nickel defense against the Bills, who typically play three receivers.

Culliver entered the game in pass coverage for 121 snaps through four games, according to Pro Football Focus, and allowed only four catches for 30 yards. Culliver has a 42.4 passer rating against him when targeted. That rating dropped some more when Culliver hauled in an interception of a Ryan Fitzpatrick pass in the third quarter. It was Culliver's second career interception.

-Matt Maiocco

I've been saying it since last year: Culliver has the potential to be our No. 1 corner in the near future. I think this kid is legit.

It's funny, the knock on him coming out of college was that he was a bit raw and would need some time to be ready. He's looked extremely polished from the get go. I seriously can't ever remember him getting beaten over the top. It may have happened, but I don't remember it. He doesn't make the mental mistakes that a lot of young corners do. He's always in good position, and he doesn't panic when the ball is in the air. Just an awesome 3rd-round pick by Harbaalke.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Oct 8, 2012 at 1:02 AM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

-Matt Maiocco

It's funny, the knock on him coming out of college was that he was a bit raw and would need some time to be ready. He's looked extremely polished from the get go. I seriously can't ever remember him getting beaten over the top. It may have happened, but I don't remember it. He doesn't make the mental mistakes that a lot of young corners do. He's always in good position, and he doesn't panic when the ball is in the air. Just an awesome 3rd-round pick by Harbaalke.

IT happened a few times but he was beat by great passes by Eli and Brees over the top, even thought Cully had coverage.

He didn't finish the play because he thought he had coverage.
Share 49ersWebzone