There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Round 3, #80, the San Francisco 49ers selects Chris Culliver, CB, South Carolina



Trent Baalke is legit. I wasn't against the hiring of Baalke but I wasn't ecstatic about it either. But now I am sold we hired the right guy. Not only is he a great talent evaluator but he is a good negotiator as well. He obviously gets along great with Harbaugh. I know that technically the jury is still out on his draft choices and free agent acquisitions but lets be honest they are looking solid so far.
[ Edited by goodthings19 on Aug 10, 2011 at 10:17 PM ]

Depth is looking a little worrisome at CB.

Rogers, Spencer, Brown, Culliver, Brock, Adams. Last year's Philip Adams I'd have been fine with as the nickel guy. This year, coming off the injury I'm concerned. Apparently he's not back to the form he was last year, and understandably so.

We need Spence to get -- and stay -- healthy.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Depth is looking a little worrisome at CB.

Rogers, Spencer, Brown, Culliver, Brock, Adams. Last year's Philip Adams I'd have been fine with as the nickel guy. This year, coming off the injury I'm concerned. Apparently he's not back to the form he was last year, and understandably so.

We need Spence to get -- and stay -- healthy.

The good news is that Rogers,Brock,Culliver have looked good in camp and we have great depth at safety as well
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Depth is looking a little worrisome at CB.

Rogers, Spencer, Brown, Culliver, Brock, Adams. Last year's Philip Adams I'd have been fine with as the nickel guy. This year, coming off the injury I'm concerned. Apparently he's not back to the form he was last year, and understandably so.

We need Spence to get -- and stay -- healthy.
whatever is wrong with spencer, i bet he would start if itwas during the season.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
whatever is wrong with spencer, i bet he would start if itwas during the season.

this, if a vet feels the slightest thing during tc they will sit out. he just better not be getting burnt left and right by freaking mike williams come week 1
Originally posted by goodthings19:


Trent Baalke is legit. I wasn't against the hiring of Baalke but I wasn't ecstatic about it either. But now I am sold we hired the right guy. Not only is he a great talent evaluator but he is a good negotiator as well. He obviously gets along great with Harbaugh. I know that technically the jury is still out on his draft choices and free agent acquisitions but lets be honest they are looking solid so far.
Agree
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by goodthings19:


Trent Baalke is legit. I wasn't against the hiring of Baalke but I wasn't ecstatic about it either. But now I am sold we hired the right guy. Not only is he a great talent evaluator but he is a good negotiator as well. He obviously gets along great with Harbaugh. I know that technically the jury is still out on his draft choices and free agent acquisitions but lets be honest they are looking solid so far.
Agree


I will believe it when AD becomes LEGIT.
really surprised that this kid is actually shining during camp i thought he was going to be fighting for a roster spot but so far this reach pick is actually working out

Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by goodthings19:


Trent Baalke is legit. I wasn't against the hiring of Baalke but I wasn't ecstatic about it either. But now I am sold we hired the right guy. Not only is he a great talent evaluator but he is a good negotiator as well. He obviously gets along great with Harbaugh. I know that technically the jury is still out on his draft choices and free agent acquisitions but lets be honest they are looking solid so far.
Agree


I will believe it when AD becomes LEGIT.


Anthony Dixon or Anthony Davis?
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
really surprised that this kid is actually shining during camp i thought he was going to be fighting for a roster spot but so far this reach pick is actually working out


Reach in the 3rd round? Fighting for a roster spot? Are you being serious?
i believe Chris Culliver is starting at CB. i want to see what this kid has to offer, coaches has been saying nothing but good things about him. i really hope he is a good one.
Glad he is getting the chance to test himself against a legit O
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Glad he is getting the chance to test himself against a legit O

It will be very interesting to see what he's got, also Brock too
I am hoping that Culliver is a diamond in the rough. It would be great if he played as well or better than Peterson. But in any case he will be gaining wonderful experience and will be matching wits with the WR and Brees. So if he is respectable during the game it will be a testimony of his ability. Anybody we can get that will firm up the backfield is good in my eyes.
Good luck to this young fella tonight, hope all that work paid off cause Drew Brees and the Saints have a very good Passing Attack, as long as he holds his own i think i'll be happy with that