There are 216 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver, South Carolina

Shop 49ers game tickets
Yeah dude is going to be good.
Ready to see this guy play some more this weekend
He did kinda lack hustle on the punt return td.-no, he DID lack hustle. When I first seen the play, I was like "cut that fool, number 29, who is that". Then I realized it was Culliver and gave him another chance
its cool, if he turns out to be a great CB he wont be on the special teams squad so his lack of hustle there is irrelevant lol
He's gonna be a stud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been down on this guy since we drafted him, but he sounds like a playmaker. Everyday in practice this kid is making INTs. I know it's practice, but he all over the place, which is uncommon from a rookie DB.

If we can get the pass rush going, someone like Culliver could be a nightmare for QBs. I'm intrigued. Baalke may have nailed it with this kid. I know it's way too early to critique a draft, but I'm optimistic about these guys.
It's still too early to judge him but it seems Baalke knows what to look for in unknown college corners. Look at Phillip Adams, T. Brock, and now this guy. Unknown players who have contributed to the team.
Originally posted by strickac:
I've been down on this guy since we drafted him, but he sounds like a playmaker. Everyday in practice this kid is making INTs. I know it's practice, but he all over the place, which is uncommon from a rookie DB.

If we can get the pass rush going, someone like Culliver could be a nightmare for QBs. I'm intrigued. Baalke may have nailed it with this kid. I know it's way too early to critique a draft, but I'm optimistic about these guys.

in BAALKE we trust
so as of right now Culliver is the teams #4 CB right?

Spencer T. Brown T. Brock
Rodgers Culliver Adams

I think this team could still use a Vet CB to be a #3 or so, but if Brock keeps playing well also then I think we are good
Originally posted by miked1978:
It's still too early to judge him but it seems Baalke knows what to look for in unknown college corners. Look at Phillip Adams, T. Brock, and now this guy. Unknown players who have contributed to the team.
If Culliver,Adams & Brock all workout ok we will have ourselves a good set of young corners to take advantage of Fangio's biltzing style to make plays all over the field

He misplayed Heyward Bey and payed for it.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
HE'S A BEAST!!!!
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

If you're talking about that one play by the goal line, then I think you're being too harsh. He had fine coverage. The ball was thrown toward his back shoulder. It's almost impossible to defend something like that.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

If you're talking about that one play by the goal line, then I think you're being too harsh. He had fine coverage. The ball was thrown toward his back shoulder. It's almost impossible to defend something like that.
Agree. That was just a good throw and catch. He had nice position step for step. He can only get better with more experience
Seems like he was playing even better and was in the hip pockets on receivers quite a bit. He also didn't seem shy about putting his nose in to make tackles either! Hope he continues to make good progress
[ Edited by tohara3 on Aug 28, 2011 at 7:47 PM ]
Liked how aggressive and confident he played against the Raiders. Hope he continues to not be shy and sticking his helmet in there making tackles either. He keeps playing this way and Spencer stays hurt he could see plenty of action in dime and nickel packages this season
Share 49ersWebzone