49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 699 users in the forums

Round 2, #36, the San Francisco 49ers selects Colin Kaepernick (QB) Nevada

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • Posts: 122,133
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Look what our future told somebody on twitter.

"@brandonmkeller: @Kaepernick7 bet you were glad to not be the starter last night. #toomanysacks" I'd rather be sacked every play than watch

I see great things on the horizon....he wants to play and he aint neva scared....

Good to see he's still hungry and has the right attitude. I still think he'll beat alex in the next training camp. The short offseason was the reason he didn't win it this time.

I agree next season he should be ready to challenge for a starting spot.
Good stuff on Kaep. Love his attitude.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Look what our future told somebody on twitter.

"@brandonmkeller: @Kaepernick7 bet you were glad to not be the starter last night. #toomanysacks" I'd rather be sacked every play than watch

I see great things on the horizon....he wants to play and he aint neva scared....

Good to see he's still hungry and has the right attitude. I still think he'll beat alex in the next training camp. The short offseason was the reason he didn't win it this time.

I agree next season he should be ready to challenge for a starting spot.
Exactly my point I think he would have broken a few of those sacks and ran for big yardage last night. CK& on the rise.....
[ Edited by 80849er4life on Nov 25, 2011 at 1:31 PM ]
The next Peyton manning
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Look what our future told somebody on twitter.

"@brandonmkeller: @Kaepernick7 bet you were glad to not be the starter last night. #toomanysacks" I'd rather be sacked every play than watch

I see great things on the horizon....he wants to play and he aint neva scared....

Good to see he's still hungry and has the right attitude. I still think he'll beat alex in the next training camp. The short offseason was the reason he didn't win it this time.

I agree next season he should be ready to challenge for a starting spot.
Exactly my point I think he would have broken a few of those sacks and ran for big yardage last night. CK& on the rise.....
Agreed, Alex might have the worst pocket presence in the league, that s**t at the end where he tried to pump fake when a guy was right behind him...seriously??lmao. Alex has played great but the passing game(including the o-line) is still our weakest link.

I know when we saw Kaep in preseason it wasn't a pretty picture, but neither was alex at first, and we saw how much that improved as the year went on. I still have high hopes for him.
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Look what our future told somebody on twitter.

"@brandonmkeller: @Kaepernick7 bet you were glad to not be the starter last night. #toomanysacks" I'd rather be sacked every play than watch

I see great things on the horizon....he wants to play and he aint neva scared....

Good to see he's still hungry and has the right attitude. I still think he'll beat alex in the next training camp. The short offseason was the reason he didn't win it this time.

I agree next season he should be ready to challenge for a starting spot.
Exactly my point I think he would have broken a few of those sacks and ran for big yardage last night. CK& on the rise.....
Agreed, Alex might have the worst pocket presence in the league, that s**t at the end where he tried to pump fake when a guy was right behind him...seriously??lmao. Alex has played great but the passing game(including the o-line) is still our weakest link.

I know when we saw Kaep in preseason it wasn't a pretty picture, but neither was alex at first, and we saw how much that improved as the year went on. I still have high hopes for him.

Kaep is 3-3 this year in passing...lol....thats saying something for his future....nah but seriously this kid will have a huge impact next year, I beleive he can bail the o-line out of bad play simply by just being him and we all know that his arm strength is as elite as the top QBs in the NFL.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • Posts: 122,133
Kap has more physical talent than Alex. It's just a matter of getting him coached up to the pro game. Maybe its just my blind optimism but I do think he is the QB of the future.
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Look what our future told somebody on twitter.

"@brandonmkeller: @Kaepernick7 bet you were glad to not be the starter last night. #toomanysacks" I'd rather be sacked every play than watch

I see great things on the horizon....he wants to play and he aint neva scared....

Good to see he's still hungry and has the right attitude. I still think he'll beat alex in the next training camp. The short offseason was the reason he didn't win it this time.

I agree next season he should be ready to challenge for a starting spot.
Exactly my point I think he would have broken a few of those sacks and ran for big yardage last night. CK& on the rise.....
Agreed, Alex might have the worst pocket presence in the league, that s**t at the end where he tried to pump fake when a guy was right behind him...seriously??lmao. Alex has played great but the passing game(including the o-line) is still our weakest link.

I know when we saw Kaep in preseason it wasn't a pretty picture, but neither was alex at first, and we saw how much that improved as the year went on. I still have high hopes for him.

Kaep is 3-3 this year in passing...lol....thats saying something for his future....nah but seriously this kid will have a huge impact next year, I beleive he can bail the o-line out of bad play simply by just being him and we all know that his arm strength is as elite as the top QBs in the NFL.

I think you guys are nuts.
Originally posted by susweel:
Kap has more physical talent than Alex. It's just a matter of getting him coached up to the pro game. Maybe its just my blind optimism but I do think he is the QB of the future.

I'll bet you twenty bucks he's not.

main reason for me not liking kaep: mechanics and that long ass awkward wind up. takes too long on the release, not compact and fast enough. can't really fix that.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • Posts: 122,133
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by susweel:
Kap has more physical talent than Alex. It's just a matter of getting him coached up to the pro game. Maybe its just my blind optimism but I do think he is the QB of the future.

I'll bet you twenty bucks he's not.

main reason for me not liking kaep: mechanics and that long ass awkward wind up. takes too long on the release, not compact and fast enough. can't really fix that.

JH doesn't have a problem with it.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by susweel:
Kap has more physical talent than Alex. It's just a matter of getting him coached up to the pro game. Maybe its just my blind optimism but I do think he is the QB of the future.

I'll bet you twenty bucks he's not.

main reason for me not liking kaep: mechanics and that long ass awkward wind up. takes too long on the release, not compact and fast enough. can't really fix that.

JH doesn't have a problem with it.

this is true.

on another note. if you have faith in JH's opinion to draft kaep, wouldn't that mean you should have faith in JH on everything Alex? from starting him to coaching him up as well-just as he would kaep (if kaep get his shot)?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • Posts: 122,133
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by susweel:
Kap has more physical talent than Alex. It's just a matter of getting him coached up to the pro game. Maybe its just my blind optimism but I do think he is the QB of the future.

I'll bet you twenty bucks he's not.

main reason for me not liking kaep: mechanics and that long ass awkward wind up. takes too long on the release, not compact and fast enough. can't really fix that.

JH doesn't have a problem with it.

this is true.

on another note. if you have faith in JH's opinion to draft kaep, wouldn't that mean you should have faith in JH on everything Alex? from starting him to coaching him up as well-just as he would kaep (if kaep get his shot)?

I'm not questioning his choice he did what was best under the lockout circumstances.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by susweel:
Kap has more physical talent than Alex. It's just a matter of getting him coached up to the pro game. Maybe its just my blind optimism but I do think he is the QB of the future.

I'll bet you twenty bucks he's not.

main reason for me not liking kaep: mechanics and that long ass awkward wind up. takes too long on the release, not compact and fast enough. can't really fix that.

JH doesn't have a problem with it.

this is true.

on another note. if you have faith in JH's opinion to draft kaep, wouldn't that mean you should have faith in JH on everything Alex? from starting him to coaching him up as well-just as he would kaep (if kaep get his shot)?

I'm not questioning his choice he did what was best under the lockout circumstances.

ah! gotcha.
Kaepernick is trash
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
Kaepernick is trash

Based off the very small amount of preseason time he got, with a very short training camp and very little o-line protection? K lets cut him now.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone