LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

49ers likely to be fined for Harbaugh's workouts with Alex Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.csnbayarea.com/03/23/11/Report-49ers-likely-violator-of-pre-lock/landing.html?full_args=03/23/11/Report-49ers-likely-violator-of-pre-lock/landing&blockID=468004&feedID=5936

When is this nightmare going to end?
I'd hardly describe a potential fine as a nightmare for the 49ers. These things keep happening because this team has kept bringing in inexperienced people in to run the place. I am not saying Harbaugh was not the perfect choice, but saying there will be growing pains whenever someone starts learning a new job.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
I'd hardly describe a potential fine as a nightmare for the 49ers. These things keep happening because this team has kept bringing in inexperienced people in to run the place. I am not saying Harbaugh was not the perfect choice, but saying there will be growing pains whenever someone starts learning a new job.

The fine is not the nightmare my friend.

Or that Goodell is a closet DAL fan and has it in for the Niners.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Or that Goodell is a closet DAL fan and has it in for the Niners.

Brotha Cool, what up man. Im with you on this one. I just wrote Matt M. And said it's funny every since the league made an example out of us with the Briggs deal, we have been getting screwed.

Earlier there was the talk of maybe Philly being fined because they talked to Westbrook when he was still a niner. And as he said, for weeks, and weeks. But the league said nothing, just negated that fact. And now they want to fine us for talking to someone still on our squad.

I hope someone asks Roger, what the hell is up with that.
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
Feb 24, 2011 at 08:54:28
I was listening to ESPN radio this morning and they had mentioned that the league has issued a warning to Harbaugh because he is in violation of keeping in contact with a player (Alex Smith). Disciplinary actions might include losing a draft pick.

This years CBA has really made it hard to gear up for the upcoming season. It's even harder if you have a new coach with new staff and new system. This should be interesting.

I had mentioned this last month. nobody believed me. and they locked my thread.

[ Edited by Hitman49 on Mar 23, 2011 at 13:08:30 ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH

sux
sux
sux
sux
sux
The NFL is becoming like the Government, Every chance they get they come up with a fine.

They ought to hire Clancy the traffic cop and give him quota.

It's beyond stupid that we'd get fined for talking to players still on our roster, but this is no big deal as long as it's only a monetary fine and we don't have to give-up picks or draft position. If we lose even a seventh rounder I'll be pi$$ed . . . at the League.
Originally posted by fly15:
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH

sux
sux
sux
sux
sux

[ Edited by Otter on Mar 23, 2011 at 19:08:19 ]
I really don't get that...there is no CBA, there is no league at this moment. Would Harbaugh get finned if he came up to me and started talking football? As it stands none of these players are under contract with the NFL, so what gives? And, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Jed needs to go ape s**t on somebody in these owners meetings.

[ Edited by lamontb on Mar 23, 2011 at 13:34:44 ]
Originally posted by fly15:
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH
ALEX SMITH