Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners place tenders on 3 players

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
Originally posted by valrod33:
So what does a RFA tender mean?!

We can match whatever offers they get if we dont we get draft picks from the team that signs them

How would they determine what round of draft pick we get ?

what ever round they were picked in right?

Depends on how we tendered them. We could have tendered them a bunch of ways. (1st and 3rd, 1st, 2nd, Original pick). Probably 2nd or original pick for them.
Originally posted by theginz2004:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by valrod33:
So what does a RFA tender mean?!

We can match whatever offers they get if we dont we get draft picks from the team that signs them

How would they determine what round of draft pick we get ?

what ever round they were picked in right?

Depends on how we tendered them. We could have tendered them a bunch of ways. (1st and 3rd, 1st, 2nd, Original pick). Probably 2nd or original pick for them.

yah, the lowest RFA tender means the comp pick for that player is the round they were drafted in.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I love the move - Smart Business. Even if we don't want them we can at least get something [draft picks] for the time invested in them instead of just letting them walk.

Yes . . . good thinking. But the players must be pissed. It reduces their marketability, for sure.

I don't see the rationale for not tendering Alex? Would the tender have been too high? Anyone know what a low tender would cost?

Also Baas?
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
I love the move - Smart Business. Even if we don't want them we can at least get something [draft picks] for the time invested in them instead of just letting them walk.

Yes . . . good thinking. But the players must be pissed. It reduces their marketability, for sure.

I don't see the rationale for not tendering Alex? Would the tender have been too high? Anyone know what a low tender would cost?

Also Baas?

But these might not stick with the new CBA, so it really is just a formality at this point
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Leveraging their draft. Now OLB, DE, and S aren't as pressing. It gives them more options with the 7th pick. I think it was a good move.

I disagree!!! OLB in a Fangio/Capers style of 3-4 Defense is very pressing.. Especially when none of the OLB'rs you have on your roster are any good at this style of 3-4...
Mmmmm.... three tenders....

Originally posted by theginz2004:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:

Also Baas?

But these might not stick with the new CBA, so it really is just a formality at this point

True.

Also Alex and Baas have more than 5 years of service, so they can't be tendered, I think.
Originally posted by aman49:

Originally posted by adacosta24:

If anyone placed tenders on me, I would eat them.
i understand what a tender is, but why wouldnt every team do this for their free agents?
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
i understand what a tender is, but why wouldnt every team do this for their free agents?

you can only do it to guys who are restricted FAs, just as an example we couldnt put a tender on Alex Smith because he doesnt qualify as a restricted FA
So basically, goldson and mcdonald will return. Manny may not if they new cba comes about he will be a freeagent, guess this will give them more time to work on a deal!
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by adacosta24:

If anyone placed tenders on me, I would eat them.

Originally posted by wailers15:
not a bad move. it's a smart financial move.

Why wouldn't a team do this? Just curious. I assume you have a limitied number of these cards?

Give me Manny/Quinn, Spencer/Namdi, Palmer and Kapernick/Dalton/Ponder

That seems very reasonable.
As long as we retain Manny, and maybe Goldson, I'm a little iffy on him, but we got a new staff so why not, but yeah lets get to workkkkk!!!!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home