LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 272 users in the forums

Niners place tenders on 3 players

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Leveraging their draft. Now OLB, DE, and S aren't as pressing. It gives them more options with the 7th pick. I think it was a good move.

It does protect them from getting nothing for a player leaving, however, pass rush is still the top priority at #7.

All three of these guys would be, at the very least, useful role players next season.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
.. But would that really be this upcoming draft? My understanding is that the compensation will be given the following year.. No??

anyhow, if we had to choose with player we should not wanna lose among the tree, i'd keep Ray McDonald..
Interesting on Manny, who's a 5 year player. I wonder if the assumption going forward is that UFAs will require at least 6 years of service, instead of 5 years in the old CBA....and RFAs still at 4+ years.
Originally posted by 9moon:
.. But would that really be this upcoming draft? My understanding is that the compensation will be given the following year.. No??

anyhow, if we had to choose with player we should not wanna lose among the tree, i'd keep Ray McDonald..

The comps for RFAs would impact this year's draft.
  • dj43
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Interesting on Manny, who's a 5 year player. I wonder if the assumption going forward is that UFAs will require at least 6 years of service, instead of 5 years in the old CBA....and RFAs still at 4+ years.

I believe I heard that was one of the issues in discussion.
winning.
Agree on the pass rusher...if Quinn's there, they take him in a heartbeat. Same with Dareus, Peterson, et al. I really don't expect either Peterson or Miller to be on the board, though.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
So what does a RFA tender mean?!

They could look at offers from other teams, however the 49ers can match any other teams' offer & keep those RFAs.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Leveraging their draft. Now OLB, DE, and S aren't as pressing. It gives them more options with the 7th pick. I think it was a good move.

doesn't fix out pass rush problem.

Not at all, but we are in less of a dire situation than if we let them walk.

I love the move - Smart Business. Even if we don't want them we can at least get something [draft picks] for the time invested in them instead of just letting them walk.
Are there any negatives on placing a tender? If you get free draft picks, why wouldn't you put a tender on all your RFA's?
Originally posted by dj43:

It does protect them from getting nothing for a player leaving, however, pass rush is still the top priority at #7.

All three of these guys would be, at the very least, useful role players next season.

Exactly
Originally posted by valrod33:
So what does a RFA tender mean?!

We can match whatever offers they get if we dont we get draft picks from the team that signs them

How would they determine what round of draft pick we get ?

what ever round they were picked in right?
What, no Alex

Share 49ersWebzone