LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 417 users in the forums

Niners place tenders on 3 players

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Taking care of business (every day)
Taking care of business (every way)
We be been taking care of business (it's all mine)
Taking care of business and working overtime

Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by adacosta24:
Originally posted by aman49:
Mmmmm.... three tenders....

If anyone placed tenders on me, I would eat them.

With BBQ sauce!

Actually not a bad thing, as we should keep these players and draft for other spots/depth. These tenders lock up certain positions, so we can draft and FA elsewhere.. I like this. Now we gotta take a CB, DE or OLB and QB in first 3 rounds of draft. I'd get a RG, LDE, and QB via FA...
Manny Lawson received an original-round RFA tender, which would compensate the 49ers w/ a 1st-round pick if he signed elsewhere. However ... It's widely expected that Lawson will be an unrestricted free agent once CBA is resolved. That is, unless the 49ers can extend him ...

Via twitter
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

With BBQ sauce!

I'd polish it off with a tall cool Budweiser
What about TKO??? I would love to have him back for 1 more year...
Originally posted by Hitman49:

Way too slow no thanks
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Leveraging their draft. Now OLB, DE, and S aren't as pressing. It gives them more options with the 7th pick. I think it was a good move.

doesn't fix out pass rush problem.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

With BBQ sauce!

I'd polish it off with a tall cool Budweiser

Notice the 3 players aren't white? What a racist organization.
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:

Way too slow no thanks

109 tackles 3 ints...pretty good numbers for someone who's slow....not to mention a great leader...I don't see Bowman puting up that same numbers as a starter...

49ers The #49ers also tendered a one-year contract to exclusive rights free agent S C.J. Spillman. #NFL
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:

Way too slow no thanks

109 tackles 3 ints...pretty good numbers for someone who's slow....not to mention a great leader...I don't see Bowman puting up that same numbers as a starter...

Figuring Bowman hasn't played a full season yet at the position, I don't see it either.
Any news on the values of the tenders yet? Why would they release the story without the info?
The chicken tenders was funny hahahah. f**kin webzoners crack me up.

Manny Lawson needs to step up his pass rushing. He just doesn't have the motor. He seems to give up on plays if he gets stopped, which is often. The good passrushers adjust and explode back into the play.

Goldson sucks.. I hope we keep him for one more year and draft his replacement early in the second round. We have not had a good saftey for many years and our secondary is exposed. I wish we got Nate Allen last year in the second but Philly grabbed him.

C.J. Spillman showed ability. He can play in this league but i don't know how good he can be.

I don't see any of these guys getting offers from other teams with chicken tenders on their bellies. haha

They are not worth draft picks....maybe Lawson...i dunno
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 2, 2011 at 6:18 PM ]
Why do you think that they did not tender Franklin? Are they that convinced that they can get RJF up and running and performing at Franklin's level? Or are they going to go in a different direction?
Share 49ersWebzone