There are 228 users in the forums

Harbaugh - "I believe that Alex Smith can be a winning QB"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
This forum....

Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
What do you expect Jim to say? -Jim's a classy guy, and if there isn't anything (underlying) in those statements, Jim's just helping Alex towards his next job prospect.

That's full of BS Snake. Harbaugh is not that kind of guy. He's been honest about what he sees and sure he will give a good nod his way, but the fact is: He means what he says, period. He's always been that way it seems.

So when he says something like this:
What are some of the qualities Harbaugh saw in Smith?

“Very accurate passer,” he said. “Very athletic. And a guy that has played and been durable.”

You go Seriously. I trust Harbaugh's professional opinion on QBs any day.

Still...

I agree with Snake. I have complete faith in Harbaugh, he's just not trying to hate on Alex Smith. That would be mest up seeing how he is a UFA. I have all the faith in the world Harbaugh will get rid of the Alex Smith VIRUS that has plagued Niner Nation for 6 long years.
you guys on the webzone should've applied for the head coaching job!

what the hell does Harbaugh know about football and quarterbacking anyways??! what has he ever done football wise??! does the guy even know anything about developing quarterbacks or leading offensive gameplans anyways??!

send in your Madden playstation memory sticks - it might not be too late for Jed York to reverse his mistake and hire you instead!

:)
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Very Accurate? WTF Are you talkin about Harbaugh!?!?!?! The dude consistantly throws too high. The Moran Norris play in Seattle in week 1 is the definition of an Alex Smith throw.

Youre not serious right?? The play where the FB turn completely around instead of continuing into the end zone? The play where the ball clanked off his hands AFTER he slammed on the brakes?
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
8 TDs 1 INT in his last 6 games
90 qb rating without Jimmy Raye
No true #1 WR, young OL that I think will be better next year

Hes better than any other FA QB out there, and I (as well as Baalke) dont want a rookie to start.

Its either him or trade for a qb, but seriously are there any good QBs to trade for out their? Kevin Kolb has a 73 qb rating, hes no better than Alex.
Kyle Orton, id trade for him but Broncos are asking for a 2nd round pick, isnt that a little too much?

And the CBA issue might be a factor as well

how do expect facts to over come the argument alex sucks???
Originally posted by niner4life21:
I trust Harbaugh, but Alex Smith is NOT durable in any sense of the word.

And he can be extremely accurate at times, but it's only at times. IMO, his accuracy is average.

I hope Alex says he doesn't want to come back.

I think that he loses accuracy on the run. When he has time in the pocket he is pretty consistently accurate. Of course no NFL QB can have a nice pocket all of the time so that is a problem. In a quick read slant based offense he would do pretty well I think at this point in his career (given time) I don't think he will be back regardless, but it is nice to see Harbaugh coming in WITHOUT AN AGENDA OTHER THAN WINNING and say what most reasonable fans here have been saying...
Originally posted by kirkthejerk:

what the hell does Harbaugh know about football and quarterbacking anyways??! what has he ever done football wise??! does the guy even know anything about developing quarterbacks or leading offensive gameplans anyways??!

send in your Madden playstation memory sticks - it might not be too late for Jed York to reverse his mistake and hire you instead!

It clear we know more then Harbaugh seeing how we watched Alex suck for 6 blasted years! Appearntly Harbaugh been looking at the wrong tape,because Alex is no winner... Never has been and never will be!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I'd love to see Harbaugh turn Alex Smith around into an elite QB. The reason he was drafted 1st overall.
Originally posted by Squidp:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Very Accurate? WTF Are you talkin about Harbaugh!?!?!?! The dude consistantly throws too high. The Moran Norris play in Seattle in week 1 is the definition of an Alex Smith throw.

Youre not serious right?? The play where the FB turn completely around instead of continuing into the end zone? The play where the ball clanked off his hands AFTER he slammed on the brakes?

All I saw was Moran Norris being WIDE OPEN and Alex giving him a tough catch.
Fakers is a poor attempt of a troll. I think him and San Diego may be brothers.

How many pages does everyone think this thread will generate? 20+ is my guess? The sky is falling crowd is quacking in their boots!
COME BACK ALEX.

THIS DISCUSSION WILL NEVER GET OLD! I f**kING LOVE IT. IT'S AT THE POINT OF CONTINUAL HILARITY!!! WOOOHOOOO
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
ahahahaha. this is awesome news. not that we are trying to possibly retain Smith but for that fact that the haters heads will explode if we do.

ahahahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahahaha
ahahahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahahaha!
Originally posted by fakers23:

It clear we know more then Harbaugh seeing how we watched Alex suck for 6 blasted years! Appearntly Harbaugh been looking at the wrong tape,because Alex is no winner... Never has been and never will be!

Originally posted by fakers23:

haha that's so beautiful I love you
Share 49ersWebzone