There are 215 users in the forums

Harbaugh - "I believe that Alex Smith can be a winning QB"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by highwayone:
very accurate?
very durable?

Harbaugh, you're a beaut.

hes pretty accurate not on the short throws bur everything else and he is pretty durable hes had a beating his whole life and only 1 injury where every qb but big ben wouldve got injured

He is not accurate on the deep balls either.

I like that Jim is working with him to be honest. It shows that his preparation is top notch. Instead of sitting back and just waiting, he is actually getting out there with him to see what he wants to do come March 5th.

Alex is easy to look at behind the scenes and say, "hmm, this guy may have something".

He is smart as hell, he studies his a$$ off, he is very coachable, he is humble, he is athletic, He is a good size (6'4) and he is a good teammate.

What nobody sees about Alex until GAMEDAY is, what he sees when a defender is coming at him, when the pocket is closing, when their are bodies flying around him faster than he can think. THAT is where Alex has faltered.

I'm sure he is very accurate in Jim's passing drills. I'm sure he is very easy to talk to and explain footwork to and what when there is no pressure. Where Alex shows his true colors is in the face of pressure, he folds 9 times out of 10.

Again, this makes me like Jim that much more though. I love that he is doing his homework up close and personal so he doesn't have to make a drastic decision at the last moment. Keep up the good work Jim
"Very accurate passer..."

woah....seriously?
I trust Harbaugh, but Alex Smith is NOT durable in any sense of the word.

And he can be extremely accurate at times, but it's only at times. IMO, his accuracy is average.

I hope Alex says he doesn't want to come back.
lets see. How does a new coach impress me in the first month of being hired. BY OPENING HIS PIE HOLE AND SUGGESTING ALEX SMITH IS A GOOD QB< ACCURATE AND LOOKING FORWARD TO WORKING WITH HIM. R u kidding me? Respect is earned from a player to a coach. As far as im concerned harbaugh respect level has just dropped.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Hes a f**king idiot if he keeps Alex Smith.

Don't worry, this is all political BS.

He may have to keep him as a backup QB, but he knows Alex isn't the answer. What did Baalke say? That there's no QB on the roster.

I'll bet $10,000 Harbaugh is being politically correct here, knowing he may be stuck with Alex as a backup, or even short-term.

Baalke was the guy who told the real truth, Harbaugh would never say "this is my franchise QB!" Never gonna happen.

That doesn't necessarily imply anything about Smith since Smith is an UFA.

-9fA

Hmmm, good point, but I highly doubt that's what he meant. It's most likely he meant there are no QB's including Alex.

Yeah, I initially took Baalke's statement to include Smith as well.

-9fA
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
God hates the Niners.

OR

On a serious note, I dont believe any of it. I think it's more likely that one of two or both are true:

a. Alex Smith is the best QB on our roster, IMO. If we can't upgrade because of the CBA or the way the draft falls I would want Alex back.

b. It's all a draft smoke screen to make us look like we aren't desperate for a QB.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jan 29, 2011 at 12:07:04 ]
Very Accurate? WTF Are you talkin about Harbaugh!?!?!?! The dude consistantly throws too high. The Moran Norris play in Seattle in week 1 is the definition of an Alex Smith throw.

He did say that it's up to Alex if he wants to sign here or go somewhere else.

I hope he goes somewhere else.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Alex is like a bad case of herpes he just won't go away.

Can we just write off 2011,2012 right now? Seriouslly. 7 and possibly 8 years with this crap.. and Jed wonders why nobody supports him!
Originally posted by fakers23:
2011 is dead! Sorry no playoffs Harbaugh just killed our playoff hopes!

Well well well, if it isn't lvtent and Jordan Taber Jr. all rolled into one! Faker you really are a Faker!

You know maybe Harbaugh has not liked what he has seen in FA QBs and the draft, and none of them present a better option at this point than Alex? Oh and by the way all you handringers, he never said he was bringing Alex back in the article, only that he feels he can be a winning QB in the NFL!
The sky is falling crowd on the zone is too much! Have fun Faker and others and please stay away from local bridges today!
Can we just write off 2011,2012 right now? Seriouslly. 7 and possibly 8 years with this crap.. and Jed wonders why nobody supports him!

LOL. Dude you are too funny! Has Alex Smith signed with us yet?

Link please?
Originally posted by niner4life21:

LOL. Dude you are too funny! Has Alex Smith signed with us yet?

Link please?

Come on you know it happening. He like the plaque he keeps coming back!
What do you expect Jim to say? -Jim's a classy guy, and if there isn't anything (underlying) in those statements, Jim's just helping Alex towards his next job prospect.
Share 49ersWebzone