There are 185 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaugh - "I believe that Alex Smith can be a winning QB"

What do you expect Jim to say? -Jim's a classy guy, and if there isn't anything (underlying) in those statements, Jim's just helping Alex towards his next job prospect.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
This is going to be a long offseason.

The only success I recall Alex having as an under the center QB, was with Norv. & that was generally rolling him out on play fakes. Remember Frank Gore had 1695 yds that year I believe? He is incapable of dropping back, reading the D. He ALWAYS checks down to a short route. McCarthy ran to GB cause he knew who picked the right QB in 05...
18-31 record says he's not wining QB Harbaugh. Stop letting the Yorks feed your crap. This is all about the Yorks refusel to admit they failed with the bust!
I thought I was sensing a seismic event in the Bay Area. The "Big One? No, it turned out it was the haters reading the Press Democrat article about Harbaugh praising Alex.

Actually, Harbaugh is saying what some of he more astute observers have been seeing and saying all along. I am liking this Harbaugh guy even more.

Some are contending that H. is foolishly basing his opinions on a few drills. If he saw how he played in a game, he would see how he always folds. Yeah, right.

You think H. hasn't watched Alex's game film? I think he has, and he's seen what he needed to see.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
What do you expect Jim to say? -Jim's a classy guy, and if there isn't anything (underlying) in those statements, Jim's just helping Alex towards his next job prospect.

That's full of BS Snake. Harbaugh is not that kind of guy. He's been honest about what he sees and sure he will give a good nod his way, but the fact is: He means what he says, period. He's always been that way it seems.

So when he says something like this:
What are some of the qualities Harbaugh saw in Smith?

“Very accurate passer,” he said. “Very athletic. And a guy that has played and been durable.”

You go Seriously. I trust Harbaugh's professional opinion on QBs any day.

Still...
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Very Accurate? WTF Are you talkin about Harbaugh!?!?!?! The dude consistantly throws too high. The Moran Norris play in Seattle in week 1 is the definition of an Alex Smith throw.

thats the first thing & situation i thought about. coach i hope u no what ur talkn bout and not just talkn out of ur a**.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Huh... why hasn't he said anything nice about Troy Smith?

Jim Harbaugh is a big stupid jerk.

I agree. If Jim was truly being 100% honest in his statement, he wouldn't have said that Alex was 'very accurate' and 'very durable.'

Those two are not true. He has average to above average accuracy and is NOT durable at all. He missed time in his rookie year, played the whole season in 2007, missed most of 2007, all of 2008, and part of 2010.

Is that durable?
Originally posted by fakers23:
18-31 record says he's not wining QB Harbaugh. Stop letting the Yorks feed your crap. This is all about the Yorks refusel to admit they failed with the bust!

Yorkhatemongering!!!!
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Can we just write off 2011,2012 right now? Seriouslly. 7 and possibly 8 years with this crap.. and Jed wonders why nobody supports him!

LOL. Dude you are too funny! Has Alex Smith signed with us yet?

Link please?

Come on you know it happening. He like the plaque he keeps coming back!

plaque? you fail at everything dude, just stop.
Originally posted by ninertico:

That's full of BS Snake. Harbaugh is not that kind of guy. He's been honest about what he sees and sure he will give a good nod his way, but the fact is: He means what he says, period. He's always been that way it seems.

So when he says something like this:
What are some of the qualities Harbaugh saw in Smith?

“Very accurate passer,” he said. “Very athletic. And a guy that has played and been durable.”

You go Seriously. I trust Harbaugh's professional opinion on QBs any day.

Still...
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Can we just write off 2011,2012 right now? Seriouslly. 7 and possibly 8 years with this crap.. and Jed wonders why nobody supports him!

LOL. Dude you are too funny! Has Alex Smith signed with us yet?

Link please?

Come on you know it happening. He like the plaque he keeps coming back!

plaque? you fail at everything dude, just stop.

Going to the dentist regularly helps prevent plaque.
Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by highwayone:
very accurate?
very durable?

Harbaugh, you're a beaut.

hes pretty accurate not on the short throws bur everything else and he is pretty durable hes had a beating his whole life and only 1 injury where every qb but big ben wouldve got injured

He is not accurate on the deep balls either.

I like that Jim is working with him to be honest. It shows that his preparation is top notch. Instead of sitting back and just waiting, he is actually getting out there with him to see what he wants to do come March 5th.

Alex is easy to look at behind the scenes and say, "hmm, this guy may have something".

He is smart as hell, he studies his a$$ off, he is very coachable, he is humble, he is athletic, He is a good size (6'4) and he is a good teammate.

What nobody sees about Alex until GAMEDAY is, what he sees when a defender is coming at him, when the pocket is closing, when their are bodies flying around him faster than he can think. THAT is where Alex has faltered.

I'm sure he is very accurate in Jim's passing drills. I'm sure he is very easy to talk to and explain footwork to and what when there is no pressure. Where Alex shows his true colors is in the face of pressure, he folds 9 times out of 10.

Again, this makes me like Jim that much more though. I love that he is doing his homework up close and personal so he doesn't have to make a drastic decision at the last moment. Keep up the good work Jim

you sound biased. You try to be objective more than other vocal detractors (I know you are not one like those other guys) but you can't paint this any other way HArbaugh said he was very accurate. His play during the last half of the season showed that he was very accurate, though I think that he throws a higher percentage of "WTF" balls than the average QB which makes him seem less so. He doesn't seem to be rattled so much by the pressure this year (at least not more than most QB's) I agree that he doesn't have elite pocket presence or anything, but it was there is you look objectively. He slid in the pocket and made completions quite often this season but again you have to be objective to see those things.
Oh and I can already predict the outcome because it's happen the past 2 years! 49ers start 0-5 or 0-6. They bench the bust. Start wining a few games. The OC says Alex knows the playbook put him back in around week 13... Alex wins meanless games and we start this mess all over again!