LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 341 users in the forums

Are the Niners Cleaning House or what ?!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tondiman:
I think we should've kept sing for just one more year. Give crabtree one more year to polish and sing coulda done somthing..

What?.... Really?...
It is about time, don't you think?

This organization has been stagnant for about a decade with most of the leadership being left to defensive minded head coaches and a weak front office. I think that Steve Young has been dead on that this organization has strayed from it's roots and legacy. The Team of the 80's had an offensive minded head coach with a strong front office behind him supplying the players to make it all happen on the field. This major reconstruction is finally heading in the right direction with this house cleaning. Let's hope it works...........
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Seems like Tomasula, Rathman and few other may be safe, but like I've said before, when a team vastly underperforms, nobody is irreplaceable. It's easy to find s**tty coaches to ruin your season! I'm glad to see the shake up! This team should have won at least 10 games last season, maybe more, the schedule was easy, the team is talented. The coaches failed, no like all failures they should be fired!

If we had a good coach that could call plays, we most likely win 5 more games, finish 11-5, win the West, and would still possibly be playing right now.

Saints (25-22)
Falcons (16-14)
Eagles (27-24)
Panthers (23-20)
Rams (25-17)

These are my same 5 as well..

That panthers loss is just fing painful.
Originally posted by Need4Speed:
Originally posted by Squidp:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
I think we should've kept sing for just one more year. Give crabtree one more year to polish and sing coulda done somthing..

Serious.......maybe. Completely clueless........most likely.

Or completely McClueless

I liked Sing just think his bases for establishing a good team are fundamentally different than 49er fans. We don't like playing offense scared. We don't like running into walls. But the truth is lots of teams have won superbowls that way. I think Sing could of done a good job but it would have taken a better qb and a couple years watching terrible football.

I think Coach Sing would've excelled better if he inherited an established team arredy, like Seifert. Cos his way of managing a game is ideal. The fact that our team was still developing is what made him struggle, IMO.
This team needed a fresh start. That's what we are seeing.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Seems like Tomasula, Rathman and few other may be safe, but like I've said before, when a team vastly underperforms, nobody is irreplaceable. It's easy to find s**tty coaches to ruin your season! I'm glad to see the shake up! This team should have won at least 10 games last season, maybe more, the schedule was easy, the team is talented. The coaches failed, no like all failures they should be fired!

If we had a good coach that could call plays, we most likely win 5 more games, finish 11-5, win the West, and would still possibly be playing right now.

Saints (25-22)
Falcons (16-14)
Eagles (27-24)
Panthers (23-20)
Rams (25-17)

I agree, but I also believe losing those games have helped us in the long term. We would never reach SB status with the old coaching staff. With the new one, at least the niners are returning to their classic identity.

This has entered my mind quite a few times since Harbaugh's hire. It is like we had to go through hell (Erickson, Donahue, Nolan, McCloughan and Singletary) to get to heaven (Harbaugh and Baalke). Without those hellish series of event since 2002, we probably would not be in position to get Harbaugh.

Are you crazy?!!?!? you don't know anything about football..

really?!? please, explain why?

cause you're an idiot, and sing can't coach.

i'm gonna smack you.

i'm gonna smack you.

....yeah, i'd like to see you try!

i'm gonna smack you.

....yeah, i'd like to see you try!
[ Edited by tondiman on Jan 17, 2011 at 4:09 AM ]
hope they found the rat

Originally posted by Sugatis:
Originally posted by toppdogg32:

Saints (25-22)
Falcons (16-14)
Eagles (27-24)
Panthers (23-20)
Rams (25-17)

These are my same 5 as well..

That panthers loss is just fing painful.

Last season when I saw our schedule, I thought 10, or 11 wins easily! Most of the sports casters seemed to think so as well, we were picked by most of them to win the west. Thanks Sing!
Anybody hear or who Harbuagh is thinking of for WR coach? Where is Denny Greene now a days?
Originally posted by WildBill:
Anybody hear or who Harbuagh is thinking of for WR coach? Where is Denny Greene now a days?

he was a head coach in the ufl last i heard
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Sacramento Mountain Lions of the UFL
Originally posted by susweel:

Sacramento Mountain Lions of the UFL

Someone mentioned Ray Rhodes in another thread. I would love to see both of these guys brought in as position coaches. The undeserved credit that Jerry Sullivan used to get, Ray Rhodes has earned as a position coach and defensive coordinator. I'm really interested to see how our receivers, running backs, and QBs look like with just one season of quality coaching. I'm almost certain Michael Crabtree will look more like the #10 pick or he probably won't be starting.
Share 49ersWebzone