There are 253 users in the forums

Mike Johnson heading to UCLA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Good luck to him. Hope he does well.
  • cools
  • Veteran
He was a class guy, Hope he does well, but not too well since im also a CAL fan
I wanted mike johnson to stay with the niners as a position coach or assist oc so he can help with the game plan on our offense next year. i want to see what he can do with the offense without singletary involvement. how sick will it be if he mix his offense with harbaugh's offense!!!??? but no point to dwell now. I wish him the best @ ucla...heck maybe we can swap him for norm chow???? norm chow ain't bad, ucla has no qb that can throw and vince young just suck and not smart enough to play in norm chow offense. well, just expressing my opinion.
Once again, you can't judge any of these coaches by what they did under Singlecell. Johnson has a chance now, and that is good.

BTW, if he was the rat good for him. Anyone who fought back against the Singlecell nonsense is a hero in my book.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Great news for him!

I hate to say it, but it's probably great news for us too.

I think Johnson is really talented, but his talent is matched by his ambition, and I'm not sure he wouldn't go back to his old tricks were he to be demoted (and where to? Harbaugh will be working with the QBs).*

*This is all predicated on my assumption that he was in fact the "rat", and based on several things that leaked out that implied he might not have entirely been a team player.

i still think Baalke was the rat.

why

from the reports that he butted heads with Sing and was not happy how he did things.

Cui bono from Sing's firing.......other than us fans?

Singletery was an idiot, Now I like Baalke Bartocomus even more now,, he had a nice interview on KNBR 680 today.
i feel like mike could be a hell of a coordinator in the nfl someday. i believe he was restricted by singletary and had to run a certain style offense.

if you notice the only thing that REALLY changed when raye was fired was the matchups. other than that.. we still ran the same s**tty run plays and same s**tty pass plays. he managed to set us up with better times to run certain plays but for the most part not much changed and when raye left he said the only thing he was doing was what singletary was telling him to do. so i believe that was not the type of offense he wanted to run.

ill be watching ucla this year and keeping tabs on him. im curious to how he does when he runs a style of offense he would like to.
Just like Singletary himself, Mike Johnson was elevated to a position that he was unprepared to assume. Both guys were learning on the job, and this obviously proved to be a disastrous combination.
Was a thread for the inevitable Mike Johnson departure even necessary?

It's not like the offense was a juggernaut.
  • dj43
Originally posted by classyfan49:
Just like Singletary himself, Mike Johnson was elevated to a position that he was unprepared to assume. Both guys were learning on the job, and this obviously proved to be a disastrous combination.
I look for Johnson to bring a hybrid pro/spread offense to UCLA, polish it for a couple of years and then go back as a pro OC. Johnson has some talent that needs time to build and gain exposure.

I take a lot from the final Tomsula game where Johnson was allowed to just call the game the way he felt it needed to be played. Yes, AZ was bad but the play calls were very different from anything the Cardinals had on film. The result was an offense that looked totally different from anything from the past 8 years except for the brief time with Martz.

Great I hope he starts Kai Maiava!
Good luck to him..and go Bruins!!!

Umm..since he's been replaced, doesn't this belong in NFL talk?
Share 49ersWebzone