There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What Veteran QB will Harbaugh get and why?

What Veteran QB will Harbaugh get and why?

Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by excelsior:
Yeah, and now I understand that Cohn and Maiocco were being interviewed today and suggested that maybe Baalke and Harbaugh are already at cross-purposes on the QB issue.

o god lol

sounds more like writers trying to come up with a story

LOL I know. Honestly, how would they even know?

So...how bout another Smith thread? Should we Franchise the guy or what?

?

Just being a smart alec! Sorry.
JOSH JOHNSON
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Looks like Goodell has arranged a series of talks this month to get a new agreement in place for next season. John Clayton thinks it will be done by March 4th, or the 11th at the latest.

Which means that Alex's days are numbered here. I think we go after McNabb or Kolb, possibly Palmer if he really forces himself out of Cincy.

Palmer is serious about not returning to Cinci
I hope its Colt Brennan.....
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

I heard that Colt Brennan was in a very serious car accident a couple of months ago. Hope that he is doing better.

Doesn't a QB actually have to take a regular season snap to be considered a veteran?

Tell me you're being sarcastic . . .
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Doesn't a QB actually have to take a regular season snap to be considered a veteran?

Tell me you're being sarcastic . . .

Yea your right......I'm super mad the Redskins didn't give him a chance. But hey maybe Harbaugh will......cant say he isnt accurate.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

I heard that Colt Brennan was in a very serious car accident a couple of months ago. Hope that he is doing better.

Yea the driver almost drove off a cliff.....but Im pretty sure he's ok now.
OK I have to ask this question to the board b/c I was asked this question right after we lost to the Rams to be eliminated from the playoffs. Since i'm from Philly and live in South Jersey, I was asked... Do you think if McNabb was your QB this year you would have made the playoffs??

As much as it pains me to say this b/c I am NOT a McNabb fan, I said yes. I have to believe with McNabb at the helm we would have won at least 1-2 of those 3 point games. I mean I know he had a bad year in Washington but lets be realistic, everyone has bad years in Washington. I have to believe our offense is better then the skins. I mean besides QB our RB's are better, our WR's are better, our O-line is betterish, our TE's are probably even when you compare the group but they're still a strength. Now if McNabb is our QB and we make the playoffs, does Sing get fired?? Its funny how 1 thing can change the whole landscape of the year. If Sing was smart and didn't put his career on the shoulders of a kid who has fallen flat on his face 5 years in a row. He might possibly still be our head coach....

Now, the reason I bring this up is b/c I believe we should sign McNabb this year (man it really does pain me to say that...) For 3 reasons. 1. He still has 2-3 decent years left in him and he trains in AZ which is a lot closer to SF then a lot of other teams. (except for AZ which is where he'll probably go). 2. He should be a master of the West Coast offense by now and 3. He is a team player, so he should have NO problem grooming Ponder/Kaepernick or Devlin. He did a great job with Vick and Kolb. So good they kicked him out of town b/c they didn't need him anymore. He should def. be our #2 FA signing. with #1 being Asomugha
Originally posted by joeymac49s:
OK I have to ask this question to the board b/c I was asked this question right after we lost to the Rams to be eliminated from the playoffs. Since i'm from Philly and live in South Jersey, I was asked... Do you think if McNabb was your QB this year you would have made the playoffs??

As much as it pains me to say this b/c I am NOT a McNabb fan, I said yes. I have to believe with McNabb at the helm we would have won at least 1-2 of those 3 point games. I mean I know he had a bad year in Washington but lets be realistic, everyone has bad years in Washington. I have to believe our offense is better then the skins. I mean besides QB our RB's are better, our WR's are better, our O-line is betterish, our TE's are probably even when you compare the group but they're still a strength. Now if McNabb is our QB and we make the playoffs, does Sing get fired?? Its funny how 1 thing can change the whole landscape of the year. If Sing was smart and didn't put his career on the shoulders of a kid who has fallen flat on his face 5 years in a row. He might possibly still be our head coach....

Now, the reason I bring this up is b/c I believe we should sign McNabb this year (man it really does pain me to say that...) For 3 reasons. 1. He still has 2-3 decent years left in him and he trains in AZ which is a lot closer to SF then a lot of other teams. (except for AZ which is where he'll probably go). 2. He should be a master of the West Coast offense by now and 3. He is a team player, so he should have NO problem grooming Ponder/Kaepernick or Devlin. He did a great job with Vick and Kolb. So good they kicked him out of town b/c they didn't need him anymore. He should def. be our #2 FA signing. with #1 being Asomugha

1) Ummm, no. If he can't master Shanahan's offense, and he proved it by regressing, why get the guy. PLUS how much do you think it will cost us to sign the guy??? $7-12 million range for a year?

2) Master or not, he regressed under Shanny. And Shanny is as good as they come when it comes to the WCO.

3) I'll give you that much but again, see answer 1 & 2.

wow this thing is still going...

We REALLY need a QB.
Originally posted by kidash:

1) Ummm, no. If he can't master Shanahan's offense, and he proved it by regressing, why get the guy. PLUS how much do you think it will cost us to sign the guy??? $7-12 million range for a year?

2) Master or not, he regressed under Shanny. And Shanny is as good as they come when it comes to the WCO.

3) I'll give you that much but again, see answer 1 & 2.

I think he's going to get a rude awakening if he thinks he's going to get $7-12 Mil coming off the season he just had. I think we can get him cheap and thats why I say we get him. If 7-12 is the asking price then no way. We still have to pay a QB we draft to sit behind him. I understand Shanny is a master at the WCO but it can't all be put on Donovan. He didn't exactly have a great supporting cast. I mean they went thru what 12 rbs? and i don't even think i'm exaggerating that much. I think if McNabb goes to Minny or AZ next year he has a bounce back year and a small part of us will regret not signing him. McNabb and Hasselbeck are going to make some team happy for a year or two. Also, you didn't answer the initial question. Do you think with McNabb at the helm last year we make the playoffs??

We absolutely, 100% make the playoffs if Donovan McNabb is our QB. We win in Seattle on Kickoff Sunday....we beat the Saints at home.....we beat the Falcons on the road......we beat the Panthers on the road......we beat the Rams in STL.

Any or all of those games would have been won with better QB play. Yes I know we had other problems, but if we had better QB play in any of these close games, they would have been wins. Not saying Donovan would have been perfect in all of those games and we would have won them all.....but Donovan would have outplayed Alex in at least a couple of those games. And we only needed one more.
Originally posted by Pick6:
wow this thing is still going...

We REALLY need a QB.

Big understatement. Take a look a Greenbay right now. They are at the point we were in 81. New up and coming star quarterback, with a young team with playmakers, and a coach that knows how to win. Look familiar? We need to get our hands on the next Joe Montana, Aaron Rodgers,Tom Brady etc. to compete for the championship, and I'm sure Harbaugh knows it. He's looking for a stand in right now, because this top five quarterback is nowhere to be found at this time.
I wanna see Trent Edwards come in and compete for a job, Walsh really liked this kid and a change of scenario would probably benefit him greatly.
I wouldnt be against Alex coming back to give it a shot under Harbaugh, Alex has had a different OC every year and never got a chance to grow with the offense, last year I'm sure any QB would have had difficulty having success under Singletary and Jimmy Raye, but I really hope we have two new QB's on the roster next year, Harbaugh will bring a lot of knowledge to help groom us a QB, but most importantly we finally have an offensive minded HC and the same offensive system to build around year after year ...I have faith in Harbaugh, and I am beyond stoked for the return of the WCO