LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 188 users in the forums

Baalke is the OFFICIAL GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
I think Baalke and Harbaugh should be able to work well together---Baalke seems a smart man as is Harbaugh----I think it will work well--if we get Harbaugh signed.

My only concern is that you have 2 "new" guys in their respective positions. Im hoping the learning curve isnt that steep, but if you add a rookie QB to the mix (and chances are this QB will not be Luck), then you're really putting yourself back in "rebuild" mode.

Im hoping that Harbaugh/Baalke see that the team has a "win now" mentality, and go out and sign some key FAs (QB / DB) in the offseason to keep this team in the NFC playoff hunt. If Harbaugh decides he's gonna build this team from the bottom up, then you're looking at another 2-3 years of putting a squad together. Of course, by that time STL and Bradford might become a thorn in our ass.

If harbaugh is signed--he should talk to every Niner player under contract and see what each is about---Harbaugh and Baalke may decide to explode everything and rebuild---or more likely there are some really good pieces here and some weaknesses-----

I think Harbaugh has to like the Niners skill players and O line---the youth and talent that " should" get much better. We have some good players on defense.

We need the QB, pass rusher, secondary help, a # 1 WR and just more speed.
Get ready for Jim Tomsula as HC!
  • Veteran
[img=]
Originally posted by joebbadass:
It appears with all of his public statements, Lombardi talked himself out of the job. It is also likely he wanted more than Jed was willing to give. Baalke seems capable. We shall see.

If they are giving Harbaugh some personnel control it makes sense to not have "too many cooks in the kitchen." Get two young football minds in there and see what they can do. IF they get Harbaugh I like it. If not... I'll have my doubts as to wtf Jed has been doing.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
SI_PeterKing Peter King

RT @Patrick2380: @SI_PeterKing Your thoughts about "reports" that Baalke-Harbaugh can't co-exist? ... A lie. Don't believe it for a second.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
You know not to add some optimism here or anything (god forbid) but Baalke did sign Westbrook, La Boy and Ginn. I would say that most of those hires worked out quite well and certainly the calibre of player was different to the Singeltary vision.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
It appears with all of his public statements, Lombardi talked himself out of the job. It is also likely he wanted more than Jed was willing to give. Baalke seems capable. We shall see.

If they are giving Harbaugh some personnel control it makes sense to not have "too many cooks in the kitchen." Get two young football minds in there and see what they can do. IF they get Harbaugh I like it. If not... I'll have my doubts as to wtf Jed has been doing.

I think that may have been the key in the Baalke hiring.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Get ready for Jim Tomsula as HC!

not this
My confidence level remains the same
Originally posted by 190836:
[img=]

I can't wait until success brings you down!

If Baalke's 2010 draft is what we can expect, then

I want more of that!

[ Edited by ninertico on Jan 4, 2011 at 18:35:40 ]

Can anyone direct me to the Alex Smith Thread?
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by 190836:
[img=]

I can't wait until success brings you down!

I hope you are right. But you know this whole thing was nothing but a show. If it works out, then i'll be happy, just like you.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by valrod33:
you beat me

I always beat you.

attention whore!!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
PFT is good for some news but they are nothing but hyped up bloggers paid by nbc. They are paid based on hits on their site and advertising incentives, only use it as a springboard to search for the real articles or videos they quote. I am withholding all judgment until May 1st. After that if we haven't had a significant change in the right directions I will be boycotting this team for awhile.

[ Edited by sfout on Jan 4, 2011 at 18:42:02 ]
Originally posted by foreign49er:

It's not young that bothers me, it's the inexperienced part, coupled with the fact that Jed is still new to the business. I would have liked for Lombardi to have taken *any* position with the team, just to give us another opinion/sounding board. But if Harbaugh signs on, I'll feel a lot better about Baalke's promotion.
Share 49ersWebzone