LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 307 users in the forums

Baalke is the OFFICIAL GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How was McCloughan viewed when hired as GM? I keep hearing Baalke is well-respected and a viable candidate for the position, but not sure if McC had the same optimism...
Harbaugh is going to be the head coach of the 49ers
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by ace130:
Can anyone direct me to the Alex Smith Thread?

http://www.gaymovies.com/stars/12410/Alex-Smith.html
Originally posted by olapac:
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by joebbadass:
It appears with all of his public statements, Lombardi talked himself out of the job. It is also likely he wanted more than Jed was willing to give. Baalke seems capable. We shall see.

If they are giving Harbaugh some personnel control it makes sense to not have "too many cooks in the kitchen." Get two young football minds in there and see what they can do. IF they get Harbaugh I like it. If not... I'll have my doubts as to wtf Jed has been doing.

It's not young that bothers me, it's the inexperienced part, coupled with the fact that Jed is still new to the business. I would have liked for Lombardi to have taken *any* position with the team, just to give us another opinion/sounding board. But if Harbaugh signs on, I'll feel a lot better about Baalke's promotion.

That's exactly how I feel. Get Harbaugh and it's all good. Get it done, Jed.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by ace130:
Can anyone direct me to the Alex Smith Thread?

http://www.gaymovies.com/stars/12410/Alex-Smith.html

Lol
However, York had multiple interviews with ex-Raiders executive Michael Lombardi, including one today. York narrowed the list of candidates to Baalke and York earlier this afternoon, and settled on Baalke this evening.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/01/york-settles-on.html#ixzz1A7mtXpV4

I am sure he consulted his uncle again before this as well as any other resource he had available to him.

Originally posted by ninertico:
However, York had multiple interviews with ex-Raiders executive Michael Lombardi, including one today. York narrowed the list of candidates to Baalke and York earlier this afternoon, and settled on Baalke this evening.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/01/york-settles-on.html#ixzz1A7mtXpV4

I am sure he consulted his uncle again before this as well as any other resource he had available to him.

He wanted baake from the get go
Originally posted by ninertico:

Great after so many college coaches failed in the NFL I think we got the right one
Originally posted by olapac:
Originally posted by joebbadass:
It appears with all of his public statements, Lombardi talked himself out of the job. It is also likely he wanted more than Jed was willing to give. Baalke seems capable. We shall see.

If they are giving Harbaugh some personnel control it makes sense to not have "too many cooks in the kitchen." Get two young football minds in there and see what they can do. IF they get Harbaugh I like it. If not... I'll have my doubts as to wtf Jed has been doing.

It's not young that bothers me, it's the inexperienced part, coupled with the fact that Jed is still new to the business. I would have liked for Lombardi to have taken *any* position with the team, just to give us another opinion/sounding board. But if Harbaugh signs on, I'll feel a lot better about Baalke's promotion.

That's exactly how I feel. Get Harbaugh and it's all good. Get it done, Jed.

If they can't get Harbaugh, this board will SELF-DESTRUCT
Well Baalke was not my #1 choice as a fan but hey... So I wish him the best and will support him till he gives me a reason not to. I did like his draft other than moving up for Davis.

Hope he cleans house still fire almost everyone!

So let's see what we have learned today.

No Luck
No proven GM

Same horse sh*t from the Yorks
1) Baalke

2) HarBaalke

3) HarBaaLuck
Originally posted by SandSlingin49er:
Well Baalke was not my #1 choice as a fan but hey... So I wish him the best and will support him till he gives me a reason not to. I did like his draft other than moving up for Davis.

Hope he cleans house still fire almost everyone!

I think our 2010 draft was
I'm really surprised that Lombardi came with endorsements from Belicheck and Pioli. I wonder what he's done to garner such recommendations.

-9fA
  • gage
  • Veteran
Well, I'm glad that's settled. Now please, please, please get Harbaugh by tomorrow.
Share 49ersWebzone