LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Baalke is the OFFICIAL GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i don't see a red box so i don't know how official this thread really is.
ya got any credentials or something

[ Edited by Allx9er on Jan 4, 2011 at 19:11:13 ]
Originally posted by global_nomad:
If we are such a hard nosed team wouldn't it be the Baalke Bang Bus?

LOL
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ace130:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by SandSlingin49er:
Well Baalke was not my #1 choice as a fan but hey... So I wish him the best and will support him till he gives me a reason not to. I did like his draft other than moving up for Davis.

Hope he cleans house still fire almost everyone!

I think our 2010 draft was

Give me something other than a puke sign!! Put some reasoning in your responce, 2 starters on OL, T. Mays could be something special (i think its worth the gamble), Bowman same as above, T ginn (one of the best return men in the draft last yr.. catch my drift), AD could be something if he keeps his footing, Byham could level ppl put him at FB.. Thats in 1 draft my friend..

Anthony Davis, Taylor Mays

LOL. Did you know that Davis was a rookie this year? And so was Mays? You seem to be all hung up on Alex Smith in his 6th year, but you're so ready to call Davis ?

Earl Thomas has more picks than our secondary combined and Anthony davis gets beat in every play

he did shut down Clay Matthews for an entire game. Daivs played alot better towards the end f the season

Yeah and he got beat and caused Alex Smith a shouler injury! 2010 Draft except Luptai
Well Baalke was not my #1 choice as a fan but hey... So I wish him the best and will support him till he gives me a reason not to. I did like his draft other than moving up for Davis.

Give me something other than a puke sign!! Put some reasoning in your responce, 2 starters on OL, T. Mays could be something special (i think its worth the gamble), Bowman same as above, T ginn (one of the best return men in the draft last yr.. catch my drift), AD could be something if he keeps his footing, Byham could level ppl put him at FB.. Thats in 1 draft my friend..

LOL. Did you know that Davis was a rookie this year? And so was Mays? You seem to be all hung up on Alex Smith in his 6th year, but you're so ready to call Davis ?

Earl Thomas has more picks than our secondary combined and Anthony davis gets beat in every play

he did shut down Clay Matthews for an entire game. Daivs played alot better towards the end f the season

That he did. People need to lay off the bust bandwagon for at least another year.

Yeah, and earl Thomas was picked way before us. And Davis has had good games against the Saints, Falcons, the Eagles until that last play, the Broncos, the Packers, the Cardinals both times, and the Seahawks.

I would call that 'getting beat on every play'

Yeah and he got beat and caused Alex Smith a shouler injury! 2010 Draft except Luptai

Who the f**k is Luptai?
I'll take a ride on the Baalke Bandwagon Beer Bong Bus and see where it leads.

Did he take a sledge hammer and smash it into his shoulder? No, right? I guess everyone on the Pats line is a douche and a bust b/c they got Brady out for the season in 2007.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by olapac:
Originally posted by gage:
Originally posted by olapac:
Originally posted by candlestick:
So let's see what we have learned today.

No Luck
No proven GM

Same horse sh*t from the Yorks

No Luck??? The guy hasn't even declared for the draft yet?

And the draft is MONTHS away? How do you know we won't trade up???

We couldn't get Luck if we wanted to. The Panthers' sources have said they will NOT trade away their pick if Luck declares.

Very few people are untradeable (think Manning, Brady, Brees). Luck could be had - but Carolina will probably want the moon...and then some, so it makes it extremely unlikely.

Tell Luck to force himself to the 49ers.
Championship.

-9fA

I got a plan. Tell him if he tanks the combine we'll still pay him number one money.

He won't attend the combine. He will probably just attend his Pro Day or have a personal workout, like all the top guys do.

Its odd for Carolina to talk about Luck this early.
Yes, they might be serious, but Luck is a hot commodity and they know that.

Yeah, and earl Thomas was picked way before us. And Davis has had good games against the Saints, Falcons, the Eagles until that last play, the Broncos, the Packers, the Cardinals both times, and the Seahawks.

I would call that 'getting beat on every play'

Earl Thomas a rookie having more picks than our secondary? how many did Goldson have? and qb throwing in desperation with seconds left and goldson picking them off doesn't count
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
People, why are you complaining about Jed not interviewing any people from good teams? He had to make this Baalke decision right now to keep up in the race for Harbaugh. We've already been a step ahead of everyone else in the Harbaugh sweepstakes; interviewing a Floyd Reese would only prolong the GM hiring process and possibly allow Harbaugh to slip out of our hands!

Sounds about right.

Yes, thank you! It only makes too much sense! I know that in a sense this GM search was a bit of a 'sham', but he had no other choice. I actually applaud Jed for keying in on the man he wants (Harbaugh), and doing anything he can in his power to get him. He wants to win and he knows Harbaugh can get us wins!

People are complaining because Jed said he was going to hire someone with experience and have that person select the HC (correct me if I'm wrong). Then, in less than a week, reports say that he's looking in-house at Baalke - which totally contradicts what he said after firing Sing.

The problem for some isn't that Baalke got the job (I don't speak for all). It's that Jed says one thing and does another.

He had to know that Baalke was the guy he wanted - he's been "interviewing" for the job for 9 months, right??? So don't say you're going to have this exhaustive search (my words), only to hire the guy down the hall. It feels disingenuous.

Also, others may feel that Baalke is part of the problem - and that we need new blood to help us get where we want to be. I don't necessarily agree that Baalke was the problem over the past few years, but I can't blame anyone for wanting someone outside the organization to be GM. It's not like we've killed it the last 8 years.

Just my thoughts.

[ Edited by olapac on Jan 4, 2011 at 19:18:57 ]
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

That he did. People need to lay off the bust bandwagon for at least another year.

It's amazing to me how Davis gets so much criticism at NT and Rachal hardly gets mentioned. Just wow.

Rachal needs to be cut!
Originally posted by global_nomad:
If we are such a hard nosed team wouldn't it be the Baalke Bang Bus?

I would add that into the title of the thread, but I am not sure the mods would allow it.
Originally posted by Nes49:
We'll that's all said & done.....on to tha next episode.

this
Share 49ersWebzone