LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Baalke is the OFFICIAL GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by luis1985:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
timkawakami Tim Kawakami
Source: 49ers asked Mike Lombardi if he'd take a personnel position under Baalke, and Lombardi said he would not.

Dammit should have been the other way around

This..........
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by olapac:
Originally posted by gage:
Originally posted by olapac:
Originally posted by candlestick:
So let's see what we have learned today.

No Luck
No proven GM

Same horse sh*t from the Yorks

No Luck??? The guy hasn't even declared for the draft yet?

And the draft is MONTHS away? How do you know we won't trade up???

We couldn't get Luck if we wanted to. The Panthers' sources have said they will NOT trade away their pick if Luck declares.

Very few people are untradeable (think Manning, Brady, Brees). Luck could be had - but Carolina will probably want the moon...and then some, so it makes it extremely unlikely.

Tell Luck to force himself to the 49ers.
Championship.

-9fA

I got a plan. Tell him if he tanks the combine we'll still pay him number one money.

He won't attend the combine. He will probably just attend his Pro Day or have a personal workout, like all the top guys do.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Baalke with Harbaugh - GREAT offseason
Baalke without Harbaugh - FAILED offseason

Even if we get an proven NFL Coach? Isn't that what we all wanted in the first damn place?

I know, I could of sworn everyone here wanted a proven head coach
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I'm really surprised that Lombardi came with endorsements from Belicheck and Pioli. I wonder what he's done to garner such recommendations.

-9fA

Aus - where did you see that bud?

Originally posted by SF Chronicle:
Baalke's primary challenger turned out to be former Raiders executive Michael Lombardi, who came with strong recommendations from Patriots coach Bill Belichick and Chiefs GM Scot Pioli, according to a source close to the search.

linkage

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Jan 4, 2011 at 19:04:36 ]
People, why are you complaining about Jed not interviewing any people from good teams? He had to make this Baalke decision right now to keep up in the race for Harbaugh. We've already been a step ahead of everyone else in the Harbaugh sweepstakes; interviewing a Floyd Reese would only prolong the GM hiring process and possibly allow Harbaugh to slip out of our hands!
I wonder how well baalke knows harbaugh?
Originally posted by excelsior:
After studying Lombardi's resume and body of work, I began to feel nauseated. Now I can breath freely. See how Jed did it?

1. He wanted Baalke from the start, but realized the fans would explode after promising that he would bring in an experienced GM who had been there and done that.
2. So he kicked around a few old has beens and guys with real flaws, making us scared to death that he might actually hire one of them.
3. Then the Harbaugh thing got the fans so focused on him that they no longer care who the GM is so long as Harbaugh is the coach. It's called a "diversion."

It is no surprise that when he announced the hiring of Baalke, the fans no longer cared or they gave a great sigh of relief.

Jed, you appear to have learned a few slick new tricks since your Singleatry hire.

Thanks..General Patton
Disgusting. Jed you repeatedly amaze me. I want to like you because you seem to have the desire to win, but you fail to deliver on your promises.

Why tell us that no stone will be left unturned during this nationwide search when you had no plan on searching anywhere past down the hallway?

Why tell us that you were planning on hiring a GM and then HE will be the one who hires a coach and then proceed to announce a list of HCs that you would want prior to hiring your buddy?

I am not saying that Baalke wont do a good job. I just think this team needed a change. I dont want ANYone with preexisting friendships, relationships or biases. This was Jeds chance to make a statement, and unfortunately, its the same old statement.
Originally posted by ace130:
Originally posted by SandSlingin49er:
Well Baalke was not my #1 choice as a fan but hey... So I wish him the best and will support him till he gives me a reason not to. I did like his draft other than moving up for Davis.

Hope he cleans house still fire almost everyone!

I think our 2010 draft was

Give me something other than a puke sign!! Put some reasoning in your responce, 2 starters on OL, T. Mays could be something special (i think its worth the gamble), Bowman same as above, T ginn (one of the best return men in the draft last yr.. catch my drift), AD could be something if he keeps his footing, Byham could level ppl put him at FB.. Thats in 1 draft my friend..
Originally posted by txniner2:
I wonder how well baalke knows harbaugh?

Apparently, they have the same agent and they've met each other more than a few times. In a report, they said they've 'visited' each other more than once since they've been in the Bay Area. However, Harbaugh did say that they don't have any personal relationship........yet.

Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Disgusting. Jed you repeatedly amaze me. I want to like you because you seem to have the desire to win, but you fail to deliver on your promises.

Why tell us that no stone will be left unturned during this nationwide search when you had no plan on searching anywhere past down the hallway?

Why tell us that you were planning on hiring a GM and then HE will be the one who hires a coach and then proceed to announce a list of HCs that you would want prior to hiring your buddy?

I am not saying that Baalke wont do a good job. I just think this team needed a change. I dont want ANYone with preexisting friendships, relationships or biases. This was Jeds chance to make a statement, and unfortunately, its the same old statement.

I know, what a change. everything the same except the head coach
Originally posted by niner4life21:
People, why are you complaining about Jed not interviewing any people from good teams? He had to make this Baalke decision right now to keep up in the race for Harbaugh. We've already been a step ahead of everyone else in the Harbaugh sweepstakes; interviewing a Floyd Reese would only prolong the GM hiring process and possibly allow Harbaugh to slip out of our hands!

Agreed. This is the way that I see it myself. Jed decided that he had to realistically choose between either a top-flight GM or big name coach. There is no bigger name coach than Harbaugh, and it's obvious the direction that Jed seems to have gone.

-9fA
Originally posted by niner4life21:

Sounds about right.
Originally posted by ace130:
Well Baalke was not my #1 choice as a fan but hey... So I wish him the best and will support him till he gives me a reason not to. I did like his draft other than moving up for Davis.

Hope he cleans house still fire almost everyone!

I think our 2010 draft was

Give me something other than a puke sign!! Put some reasoning in your responce, 2 starters on OL, T. Mays could be something special (i think its worth the gamble), Bowman same as above, T ginn (one of the best return men in the draft last yr.. catch my drift), AD could be something if he keeps his footing, Byham could level ppl put him at FB.. Thats in 1 draft my friend..

Anthony Davis, Taylor Mays
Post all your adoration, and hate, for our new GM... Trent Baalke.

[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Jan 4, 2011 at 19:15:33 ]
Share 49ersWebzone