There are 204 users in the forums

Do you want Baalke as the next GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you want Baalke as the next GM

Originally posted by GoldRushGirl:
How could I really say no to him. None of us know what kind of job he can do, anyone can speculate negatively about him only time will tell.

One bright spot about getting him is that he is going to be hungry to make his name for himself. Unlike guys who have names already they could just hide behind their past and just get paid. I rather go with the guy that is hungry.

Exactly, we just have some guys here that think they know more than they actually do.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
How could I really say no to him. None of us know what kind of job he can do, anyone can speculate negatively about him only time will tell.

One bright spot about getting him is that he is going to be hungry to make his name for himself. Unlike guys who have names already they could just hide behind their past and just get paid. I rather go with the guy that is hungry.

Exactly, we just have some guys here that think they know more than they actually do.

this.

people act as if they know the first thing about being an owner, GM or head coach.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

this.

people act as if they know the first thing about being an owner, GM or head coach.

It is the same crowd of guys spurring it on too, it is comical.

this.

Steve Young seems to agree with the anti Baalke crowd dude. I'd say he knows a lot about football. He says Baalke will try to turn the 9ers into the old giants, when we should be going back to what worked for us in the early 2000s, 90s, and the 80s. I agree with Steve.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

this.

Steve Young seems to agree with the anti Baalke crowd dude. I'd say he knows a lot about football. He says Baalke will try to turn the 9ers into the old giants, when we should be going back to what worked for us in the early 2000s, 90s, and the 80s. I agree with Steve.

Hey, Steve is one of my all time favorite niners of all time, but I do not believe he can see the future. His opinion is valid, but the conspiracy theory type atmosphere here in the zone is just silly. Why the hell would the owners of the team be intentionally trying to wreck their investment?

this.

Hey, Steve is one of my all time favorite niners of all time, but I do not believe he can see the future. His opinion is valid, but the conspiracy theory type atmosphere here in the zone is just silly. Why the hell would the owners of the team be intentionally trying to wreck their investment?

They're not intentionally doing anything it's just tha they're cheap morons with no idea about football.

this.

They're not intentionally doing anything it's just tha they're cheap morons with no idea about football.

You do not think Jed wants to win? Or that Eddie is going to give him bad advice? I think Baalke did a good job on the draft, he might be a good choice, but we have guys clamoring for Holmgren, who totally sucked as a GM in Seattle. I would only want Holmgren as a HC.

I don't think the Yorks are purposely trying to wreck their franchise. It's just that they are wrecking the franchise through their mismanagement and poor decision-making. Maybe because of ego, they just want to do it their own way, but it hasn't worked. The Yorks need to swallow some pride and hire someone who will completely overhaul the front office.

Steve knows. I trust his knowledge of football.

this.

You do not think Jed wants to win? Or that Eddie is going to give him bad advice? I think Baalke did a good job on the draft, he might be a good choice, but we have guys clamoring for Holmgren, who totally sucked as a GM in Seattle. I would only want Holmgren as a HC.

Of course he wants to win, he's just not GOOD AT IT. For petes sakes I don't know what is so hard to understand. The kids in the special olympics want to win too, but that doesn't mean they're going to beat Usain Bolt in a race. Jed has done nothing but put his foot in his mouth since he got elevated to president status, except for manage to be more passionate than his idiot parents. "hey sing, you're the HC now after 9 games!", "hey ESPN, we have the worst record in the NFL but we're making the playoffs yo!", "this is the last time our season ends in december yall!", "we're going to hire a real gm, and go through a long process that finds the right guy dudes!". He consistently says s**t that doesn't work out so I'm not going to believe what he says until he proves it. Of course he WANTS to win, but he can't win in a league where he's facing people smarter and more experienced as owners then him, and when he lets his own personnel bias get in the way of a GM search instead of going solely on personal qualifications and staying true to his word.

I would trust Steve Young any day over Jed Dork. Steve is a HOF QB who won a SB for his team, and an expert analyst on ESPN with a lot of good contacts. He's also a very intelligent person with a law degree. Meanwhile Jed Dork is a 28 year old who grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth and his still letting himself be manipulated by his parents. Jed Dork has not proven he can be anywhere nearly as successful as Steve, and he hasn't proven he has football knowledge about the league anywhere close to Steve's knowledge. THis whole "well we need to just keep trusting Jed even though he hasn't been able to follow through on any of his promises and he is really a great owner who makes good decisions and this will all turn out fine" idea is sickening to be honest.

People going "well we cant get mad until Baalke f**ks up" are wrong. Because by the time he f**ks up, it's too late and we'll be set back AGAIN, just like with Scotty McDrunk and Mike Big Nickel Nolan. When you can see a mistake coming from a mile away, you should be mad. I saw this same s**t happen with Nolan after 07, said he should be fired, an he wasnt and it went on to wreck us for the next 3 years. Between getting a poor talent evaluator as gm because Nolan only lost his GM powers, and that led to us passing on DeSean Jackson, and getting stuck with dumbass Singletary after his pretty good interim year, we were screwed. If we had actually went out and had a good search, we might be somewhere by now. Instead we just failed to win a division where the div winner might be a 7-9 seahawks team, and we're still screwing around in NFL obscurity while our team has become the laughingstock of the league.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by bigdon76bomber:
Baalke benifitted from mccluelesses draft board this year.why is he getting creditted for it?

How good was the draft? Iupati and ...................................................

Taylor Mays. Don't forget A. Davis too. He's only 21, still plenty of room to grow.

this.

Of course he wants to win, he's just not GOOD AT IT. For petes sakes I don't know what is so hard to understand. The kids in the special olympics want to win too, but that doesn't mean they're going to beat Usain Bolt in a race. Jed has done nothing but put his foot in his mouth since he got elevated to president status, except for manage to be more passionate than his idiot parents. "hey sing, you're the HC now after 9 games!", "hey ESPN, we have the worst record in the NFL but we're making the playoffs yo!", "this is the last time our season ends in december yall!", "we're going to hire a real gm, and go through a long process that finds the right guy dudes!". He consistently says s**t that doesn't work out so I'm not going to believe what he says until he proves it. Of course he WANTS to win, but he can't win in a league where he's facing people smarter and more experienced as owners then him, and when he lets his own personnel bias get in the way of a GM search instead of going solely on personal qualifications and staying true to his word.

I would trust Steve Young any day over Jed Dork. Steve is a HOF QB who won a SB for his team, and an expert analyst on ESPN with a lot of good contacts. He's also a very intelligent person with a law degree. Meanwhile Jed Dork is a 28 year old who grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth and his still letting himself be manipulated by his parents. Jed Dork has not proven he can be anywhere nearly as successful as Steve, and he hasn't proven he has football knowledge about the league anywhere close to Steve's knowledge. THis whole "well we need to just keep trusting Jed even though he hasn't been able to follow through on any of his promises and he is really a great owner who makes good decisions and this will all turn out fine" idea is sickening to be honest.

People going "well we cant get mad until Baalke f**ks up" are wrong. Because by the time he f**ks up, it's too late and we'll be set back AGAIN, just like with Scotty McDrunk and Mike Big Nickel Nolan. When you can see a mistake coming from a mile away, you should be mad. I saw this same s**t happen with Nolan after 07, said he should be fired, an he wasnt and it went on to wreck us for the next 3 years. Between getting a poor talent evaluator as gm because Nolan only lost his GM powers, and that led to us passing on DeSean Jackson, and getting stuck with dumbass Singletary after his pretty good interim year, we were screwed. If we had actually went out and had a good search, we might be somewhere by now. Instead we just failed to win a division where the div winner might be a 7-9 seahawks team, and we're still screwing around in NFL obscurity while our team has become the laughingstock of the league.

f**k DeSean Jackson, he is a total jackass. I also didn't say that Baalke would be any good, only that we do not know. If there is a better candidate out there, we should go after him, but to totally discount a guy because his bosses are f**ked up is not a reasonable act either. There is not a thing we can do about it anyway bro, this whole conversation is just academic. I just do not buy that Jed won't listen to Eddie and get the best guy that wants the challenge that this organization has become.

You just have to try and understand that like it or not, we have a young, inexperienced owner. The only hope is that he really does listen to uncle Ed and gets some folks with football sense to help him turn this around. As for being out there searching, the really good candidates are on playoff teams and not available for talks until they are eliminated from contention. It doesn't seem that the team is in a big hurry, maybe they learned from the Singletary mess to not rush into things.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by bigdon76bomber:
Baalke benifitted from mccluelesses draft board this year.why is he getting creditted for it?

How good was the draft? Iupati and ...................................................

Taylor Mays. Don't forget A. Davis too. He's only 21, still plenty of room to grow.

Byham - solid
Dixon - great for a 6th rounder
Adams - showed a lot of potential for 7th rounder
Mays - jury's still out
Bowman - jury's still out
Iupati - beast mode
Davis - jury's still out

can't really judge a draft until a couple years after. either way, I think if baalke has respect around the NFL, then he deserves it. I don't care if he doesn't have respect from 49er fans who don't know the first thing about being an owner or GM of an NFL team

this.
All Jed really did was to be around football his whole life. This is his dream I'm sure and you have to give him a chance. Regardless of the crap that is going on right now we are better off with talent than lots of teams in the NFL. That includes all the team in the weak west. Few more areas(pass rush/secondary) and we should be ok. If Baalke is the guy then so be it. I thought that we were going out side of the org but no one has been signed yet so everyone needs to chill a bit.

All Jed really did was to be around football his whole life. This is his dream I'm sure and you have to give him a chance. Regardless of the crap that is going on right now we are better off with talent than lots of teams in the NFL. That includes all the team in the weak west. Few more areas(pass rush/secondary) and we should be ok. If Baalke is the guy then so be it. I thought that we were going out side of the org but no one has been signed yet so everyone needs to chill a bit.
Get permission to speak with Chris Polian after the Colts win the superbowl!
Let Baalke continue as VP of player personell.
Polian will get this fixed in a hurry. If not Parcells can do it no question about it.
Share 49ersWebzone