Baalke To LIKELY Be Hired As GM (edit)

Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
It would not really suprise me. If SD's predictions of budget GM/budget HC start following through, I don't think I will renew my season tickets. They better bring in some guys with real NFL experience.

While I am not opposed to the Harbaugh hiring, he better bring in some good support staff as well...

if SD is right I'm not even going to renew my Sunday Ticket!

I am right...

would you consider Harbaugh a budget HC?

Nope. He would be a fantastic HC. But we will still have the wrong GM + Jed + Paraage. So I don't think much has changed. Further people are already warning him about the Yorks. As they should. And I see it as highly unlikely he will come here. Harbaugh can have his pick of 5 - 10 NFL jobs and 20 College jobs if he wanted them. And he can name his price. Why would he come here?

link please

Yes, I would like to see the link also

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=110267&page=30

It's the first post on the page by AndyLeeMVP.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
It would not really suprise me. If SD's predictions of budget GM/budget HC start following through, I don't think I will renew my season tickets. They better bring in some guys with real NFL experience.

While I am not opposed to the Harbaugh hiring, he better bring in some good support staff as well...

if SD is right I'm not even going to renew my Sunday Ticket!

I am right...

would you consider Harbaugh a budget HC?

Nope. He would be a fantastic HC. But we will still have the wrong GM + Jed + Paraage. So I don't think much has changed. Further people are already warning him about the Yorks. As they should. And I see it as highly unlikely he will come here. Harbaugh can have his pick of 5 - 10 NFL jobs and 20 College jobs if he wanted them. And he can name his price. Why would he come here?

lol why are you talking as if you know whats going on...

Jim Harbaugh would be a fantastic NFL coach? based on what? Hes been the Raiders QB coach for 2 years. thats his NFL experience. because Stanford has been successful, and theyre the hometown team, somehow this justifies how hed do in the NFL?

i agree that as long as the same guys stay in charge up top, were going to be bad either way, but everyone whos praying for Jim Harbaugh is out of their mind. previous NFL head coaching success. Jim Harbaugh doesnt have this. college coaches rarely work out in the NFL, and this definitely isnt the system for a college coach to breeze right into the NFL with no experience, and turn it into a winner.

hire Harbaugh, set the team back another 2-3 years, and were talking about hiring a new coach again. "Erickson is going to be great! Nolan is going to be great! Singletary is going to be great!......Harbaugh is going to be great!"

how many times do we have to do this before people realize it doesnt work...

oh boy, past success as an NFL HC doesn't imply future success either. Look at the recent teams: GB, Atlanta, New Orleans, Eagles, Steelers, Ravens. They all hired HCs with NO PREVIOUS HEAD COACHING EXPERIENCE. They were coordinators who were successful.

Then you look at coaches who haven't worked out: Childress, Jim Zorn, McDaniels, Crennel, Gibbs, Wade Phillips, Everyone in Detroit. Then you have coaches like Marriucci, Walsh, Jimmy Johnson who were sucessful in the NFL coming from College programs.

There is no exact science to this. There is no get coach with criteria A, B, C. Just get someone who can coach.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

~ Harbaugh has plenty of pro experience. He played the game.

WTF kind of logic is that? Singletary was 10 times the player Harbaugh was, and look where that got us.

Harbaugh was a QB. Not a Singlecell. He's an offensive mind. The best QB develper around. Something we need. When he was at University of San Diego they were talking about QB's there being pro prospects. Nobody guys. They were just coached so far up.

What people don't realize about Luck is while he is indeed good he has a master QB developer with him. That has a huge amount to do with his development. More than people think.

Singletary's idea of QB develpment. QB 1 first quarter. QB 2 second quarter. QB 1 third quarter. QB 2 fourth quarter. When things don't go well yell at QB. See if QB yells back. If yells back put back in game. If all else fails drop pants. There has never been a more clueless QB developer than Dingletary.

What I gather from your opinion in that you think Harbaugh is the greatest football mind in all of the game and he has the golden touch to turn scrubs into MVP's. He will challenge the great Bill Walsh for the title of Genius in San Francisco, and there is nothing that can stop a team that has him on the sideline.

You're so ridiculously head over heals in love with this guy, it's pathetic. I like him, and think he'd do a good job, but C'MON MAN.

~ Harbaugh has plenty of pro experience. He played the game.

WTF kind of logic is that? Singletary was 10 times the player Harbaugh was, and look where that got us.

Harbaugh was a QB. Not a Singlecell. He's an offensive mind. The best QB develper around. Something we need. When he was at University of San Diego they were talking about QB's there being pro prospects. Nobody guys. They were just coached so far up.

What people don't realize about Luck is while he is indeed good he has a master QB developer with him. That has a huge amount to do with his development. More than people think.

Singletary's idea of QB develpment. QB 1 first quarter. QB 2 second quarter. QB 1 third quarter. QB 2 fourth quarter. When things don't go well yell at QB. See if QB yells back. If yells back put back in game. If all else fails drop pants. There has never been a more clueless QB developer than Dingletary.

What I gather from your opinion in that you think Harbaugh is the greatest football mind in all of the game and he has the golden touch to turn scrubs into MVP's. He will challenge the great Bill Walsh for the title of Genius in San Francisco, and there is nothing that can stop a team that has him on the sideline.

You're so ridiculously head over heals in love with this guy, it's pathetic. I like him, and think he'd do a good job, but C'MON MAN.

He is the best HC we can get. #1.

1) Harbaugh....

2) Everybody
3) Else

I hope we get Harbaugh just to shut him up . I don't care if we go 0-16
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

If we get Jim Harbaugh for the first time in my 49ers fan life I will be HAPPY......
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

I do.

I can see your point, though.

If we get Jim Harbaugh for the first time in my 49ers fan life I will be HAPPY......

No, I'm sure you were happier when Roger Craig fumbled the ball.

How long have you been a fan?

No, I'm sure you were happier when Roger Craig fumbled the ball.

If we get Harbaugh we got a chance to go big... I still worry about the organizational front office though...

short enough to where hiring harbaugh is better than 5 super bowl wins lol

Well let me clarify. Forever. As long as I've been around. But really since 1999, 2000, 2002 or so. Mainly I mean since 02. Some of the turning points of Eddie D. falling from grace, Yorks taking over, last decent playoff team and huge dropoff ever since. Since those times roughly. Is that better?...

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 29, 2010 at 01:53:19 ]

Well let me clarify. Forever. As long as I've been around. But really since 1999, 2000, 2002 or so. Mainly I mean since 02. Some of the turning points of Eddie D. falling from grace, Yorks taking over, last decent playoff team and huge dropoof ever since. Since those times roughly. Is that better?...

holy s**t, so right when you became a fan we started sucking

GTFO!

Well let me clarify. Forever. As long as I've been around. But really since 1999, 2000, 2002 or so. Mainly I mean since 02. Some of the turning points of Eddie D. falling from grace, Yorks taking over, last decent playoff team and huge dropoof ever since. Since those times roughly. Is that better?...

Wait, what? Forever, as long as you've been around, but really since '99? What does all this mean?

holy s**t, so right when you became a fan we started sucking

GTFO!

No. I'm saying I will be happy for the first time since then. Since the prior links to ancient past glory. Hasn't been much to be happy about around here in about a decade. If you go back further sure. And yes I've been a fan longer than that and was happy at times in the past when we were winning Super Bowls.