LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Baalke To LIKELY Be Hired As GM (edit)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by NinerD:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Last time I checked University of San Diego is not eligible for "Bowl Games." It's not that division level. And not to be confused with San Diego State which is a totally different University and a totally different division level.

WOW ok so he was a step up from High School.......he was not a good QB in the NFL and now he is the next Coaching Don. Nick Saban next great thing right. Even look at Joe Flacco who coached him we should get his coach for the job.

I wouldn't look too much into his NFL career. Some of the best coaches where bad-average players. Some of the worst coaches where the best players. It doesn't necessary translate (Singletary for starters).

This is so true, only one coach was good that went to the HOF Ditka. With Baalke can't judge the man cause he has not done it before. Some of these other guys have and IF they were really good wouldn't they still be a GM.
Sports Illustrated has it that Baalke visited Bill Parcells in Miami yesterday to possibly seek advice from the man he worked with when they were both with the Jets.
Sports Illustrated has it that Baalke visited Bill Parcells in Miami yesterday to possibly seek advice from the man he worked with when they were both with the Jets.

congrats, you're about 4 hours to late.
Originally posted by backontop:

• GORO
  • Veteran
Trent did a good job when Scott Quit. I believe that this last draft is going to make the new coach look good.

I am all for this guy getting the promotion, he tried to give Sing what he wanted. Sing wanted Troy Smith he got him, Sing wanted a return guy Trent traded for Ted Gynn. So he tried to help. And Sing had final say on the roster, so putting Nate Davis on the PS was Sing call.

Getting Baalke the GM job help in acquiring Gruden or Harbaugh quickly and preparing to putting the 2011 team together.
Originally posted by GORO:
Trent did a good job when Scott Quit. I believe that this last draft is going to make the new coach look good.

I am all for this guy getting the promotion, he tried to give Sing what he wanted. Sing wanted Troy Smith he got him, Sing wanted a return guy Trent traded for Ted Gynn. So he tried to help. And Sing had final say on the roster, so putting Nate Davis on the PS was Sing call.

Getting Baalke the GM job help in acquiring Gruden or Harbaugh quickly and preparing to putting the 2011 team together.

This guy might be working for Jed for quite some time now but he never was a 49ers guy or somebody whose name has been floating around for years. Some GMs with other teams were unknown before they got their job and their team started winning.

Trent started from the bottom of the profession and obviously he's got talent and good management/leadership skills to reach this far, albeit the 49ers. After I've seen him talk a few times during the draft and that he puts out very good presentations tells me he is a very good professional and knows what he's talking about.

Also, when he was on KNBR (or another radio station - can't remember when) he appeared to be a personable and likeable guy. I have seen GMs that are just total AsHls and can't even do a decent job. If I am working for a big company and doing my best, with all the talent that I have, dedication, and loyalty to elevate myself to the next position and just get bypassed by an outsider - I would be so raging MAD.

didnt Parcells quit already?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

didnt Parcells quit already?

yep
  • JDog
  • Veteran

Oh goodie! The guy that hired the likes of Tony Saprano(sp) to coach the Dolphins. Now we are talking....yikes
Share 49ersWebzone