There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Baalke To LIKELY Be Hired As GM (edit)

Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by fan49:
I hope to god York still waits a good 2-3 weeks before he makes any decisions.

i dont..... we cant wait a long time to start looking for coaches. might as well get who we want early, as the competition will be heavy for the better coaches the longer we wait

2-3 weeks is a fine window in getting a GM in here and then him hiring a good coach. Coaches aren't hired instantly after Week 16 (normally). I want to get the best GM possible.

agreed but we are not the 9ners of old.... so it is not that attractive to coach here. as it used to be. we dont need any other teams in the running... my 2 cents
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JDeezy:
Originally posted by IstruckG0LDS0N:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Doesn't exactly say he's been hired, but its inevitable I guess. What strikes me is that it says no interest in Gruden and only that they may have an interest in Harbaugh. That's WTF and FML all rolled into one. Billick, Mularkey, come on down. The hits keep comin. Billick is so full of himself that hey may actually think Alex Smith can be saved. Worst Offseason Ever!

LOL you're freaking out and nothing has even happened yet.

Can you not see it coming? History repeats itself. No Gruden, No Harbaugh, just s**t that begets more s**t. I don't mind Baalke, but then again I didn't mind McCloughan a the time either. It's just mind boggling that the Yorks put people who they can work with above what's good for the organization. Baalke 1-A, Paraag 1-B that's the power structure? They're not gonna pay 5-6 mil per year for Harbaugh.

They paid Sing 5 mil a year, or at least thats what they have been saying on KNBR...

That's another revelation 5 mil per year for Singletary, maybe a 5 dollar footlong.

He has 2 years and 10 million left
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jcool:
Doesn't exactly say he's been hired, but its inevitable I guess. What strikes me is that it says no interest in Gruden and only that they may have an interest in Harbaugh. That's WTF and FML all rolled into one. Billick, Mularkey, come on down. The hits keep comin. Billick is so full of himself that hey may actually think Alex Smith can be saved. Worst Offseason Ever!

Can you not see it coming? History repeats itself. No Gruden, No Harbaugh, just s**t that begets more s**t. I don't mind Baalke, but then again I didn't mind McCloughan a the time either. It's just mind boggling that the Yorks put people who they can work with above what's good for the organization. Baalke 1-A, Paraag 1-B that's the power structure? They're not gonna pay 5-6 mil per year for Harbaugh.

They paid Sing 5 mil a year, or at least thats what they have been saying on KNBR...

That's another revelation 5 mil per year for Singletary, maybe a 5 dollar footlong.

I've read both of those figures (2 years, 10M left and 2 years, 5M left). I think the latter is correct though. I only read the former once, and I think it was a typo on the part of the author.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by Jcool:

I've read both of those figures (2 years, 10M left and 2 years, 5M left). I think the latter is correct though. I only read the former once, and I think it was a typo on the part of the author.

my bad seems he signed a 4 year 10 million dollar contract
I hope to god York still waits a good 2-3 weeks before he makes any decisions.

i dont..... we cant wait a long time to start looking for coaches. might as well get who we want early, as the competition will be heavy for the better coaches the longer we wait

2-3 weeks is a fine window in getting a GM in here and then him hiring a good coach. Coaches aren't hired instantly after Week 16 (normally). I want to get the best GM possible.

agreed but we are not the 9ners of old.... so it is not that attractive to coach here. as it used to be. we dont need any other teams in the running... my 2 cents

If we can hire a proven GM, then I'm all for bringing him in within the week. I would rather not seen Baalke get the job in this week's time as there are many other options available out there. Better options too, might I add. For this I don't believe we can be too hasty or we might doom ourselves for the next 5 years as well.
lmfao...i've been saying this about the yorks and their way of hiring cheap no name personnel forever. hire a gm with no prior history; then hire a coach whom the entire nation scratches their heads over. why do all this. simple. it's cheap. and when the fans are fed up and call for the guillotine they(the Yorks) would just simply CROSS off the previous coach. make headlines on major networks about the current state of once proud organization. give the niner nation false hope of going out there in search of new front office personnel along with a new coach. and at last pull the cat out the bag from within the 4949 Centennial Blvd.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
lmfao...i've been saying this about the yorks and their way of hiring cheap no name personnel forever. hire a gm with no prior history; then hire a coach whom the entire nation scratches their heads over. why do all this. simple. it's cheap. and when the fans are fed up and call for the guillotine they(the Yorks) would just simply CROSS off the previous coach. make headlines on major networks about the current state of once proud organization. give the niner nation false hope of going out there in search of new front office personnel along with a new coach. and at last pull the cat out the bag from within the 4949 Centennial Blvd.

Wow........you really can predict the future
  • Envy
  • Veteran
It could be that he is brought it with another guy like Reese.
doubt it. the guy has been here for years in some capacity and he wasnt elevated to GM last year when scott left. they want to make it look like theyre trying to fix this team so they need to go outside of the organization to get someone proven. im hoping its lombardi or one of the patriots higher ups.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
doubt it. the guy has been here for years in some capacity and he wasnt elevated to GM last year when scott left. they want to make it look like theyre trying to fix this team so they need to go outside of the organization to get someone proven. im hoping its lombardi or one of the patriots higher ups.

Right, that's what's getting to me...why not just make him the official GM when Scot McCloughan was fired? It's the entirety of the facade angle. As to Reece, he's not going to make a lateral move to what's currently an inferior organization.

Right, that's what's getting to me...why not just make him the official GM when Scot McCloughan was fired? It's the entirety of the facade angle. As to Reece, he's not going to make a lateral move to what's currently an inferior organization.

didnt pioli leave a couple years ago to join the chiefs? it could happen. it looks great one them when they can rebuild a team and the niners have young talent, id imagine were a pretty favorable choice to a a GM that wants credit for fixing an almost there team.

didnt pioli leave a couple years ago to join the chiefs? it could happen. it looks great one them when they can rebuild a team and the niners have young talent, id imagine were a pretty favorable choice to a a GM that wants credit for fixing an almost there team.

Pioli left to be GM of the Chiefs and have sole say, with the Pats he still reported to Bellichick. Reese is a consultant with the Pats, what I think you're saying is Baalke will be the GM and hire Reese alongside him not in the GM capacity. So my question is why would he leave the same job only to join a worse organization? If Reese were to get the GM job like he had in Tennessee then that's a different story.

Pioli left to be GM of the Chiefs and have sole say, with the Pats he still reported to Bellichick. Reese is a consultant with the Pats, what I think you're saying is Baalke will be the GM and hire Reese alongside him not in the GM capacity. So my question is why would he leave the same job only to join a worse organization? If Reese were to get the GM job like he had in Tennessee then that's a different story.

naw i was saying reese should be the GM. its moving up isnt it? reese is a consultant and here he would be GM
I really hope this just smoke. If the organization wants an up and comer the front office person from New England would be the way to go. He's learning from the best owner, coach, and former GM.

Your next possible GM, hoping to clean up the mess...