LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

Deion Sanders calls playcalling....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Furlow:

Not to mention if you have in fact been saying it all year, and do believe that our play calling is terrible, then doesn't that take away from your argument that our lack of success is all Alex's fault? You can't have it both ways...

Actually, susweel can have it both ways. You just committed a major fallacy, my friend.

They can both suck. You just can't tell for sure if one is dragging the other down with them or not.

However, it is unlikely that Mike Johnson is a genius and Alex Smith is the reason for his failure.

But you can deduce from past failures that more likely than not Alex is the one doing the dragging.

Its not like MJ's the first OC Alex has had trouble with. He's struggled in every offensive scheme he's ever played in, and one guy (Martz) didnt even want to give him a chance.
i agree wit tony starks we need a oc with experience... maybe a dan reeves or billick... and manusky needs to step... he cant beat anyone who uses the west coast or anyone who is skilled at calling offense like norv turner.. his coverages and schemes are soft..... maybe we could get dom capers to call d..
Uhhh...wait a second....isn't it obvious that alex sucks big floppy donkey junk by now? We've beaten this horse to death. Combine our biggest draft bust of this decade with terrible play calling, and here we are.....arguing over which is worse. Our horrible, unimaginative, outmatched playcalling OR our #1 bust who still can't put "touch" on a screen pass. You can't have it both ways?!? Huh? They BOTH can't suck? Since when? ........next question
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ZRF80:

Not to mention if you have in fact been saying it all year, and do believe that our play calling is terrible, then doesn't that take away from your argument that our lack of success is all Alex's fault? You can't have it both ways...

Actually, susweel can have it both ways. You just committed a major fallacy, my friend.

They can both suck. You just can't tell for sure if one is dragging the other down with them or not.

However, it is unlikely that Mike Johnson is a genius and Alex Smith is the reason for his failure.

But you can deduce from past failures that more likely than not Alex is the one doing the dragging.

Its not like MJ's the first OC Alex has had trouble with. He's struggled in every offensive scheme he's ever played in, and one guy (Martz) didnt even want to give him a chance.

Alex's shoulder was still phocked up when Martz was here, remember, he had a second surgery on it that year...

Also, tell us which QB that we had since 2005 that made this offense shine or even look remotely respectable???

It hasn't made any difference who was behind center, this team is always unprepared and poorly coached...
Playcalling is an issue but so is strategy or lack there of.

These things also are not good.
complete lack of a 2 minute package
pathetic clock management
discipline(penalties)
inability to run the clock out

We need a General Manager who's been there and done it
We need a Head Coach who knows how to win
We need an OC that can develop QB's
We NEED a QB!!
We NEED a Passrusher!!
Originally posted by tn9er:

Alex's shoulder was still phocked up when Martz was here, remember, he had a second surgery on it that year...

Also, tell us which QB that we had since 2005 that made this offense shine or even look remotely respectable???

It hasn't made any difference who was behind center, this team is always unprepared and poorly coached...

You're correct we can't call plays and our coaching is poor. We can't adjust, and we fired the only decent OC who wanted to be here in mad martz....name a decent qb? Uhhhh I can't. Dilfer?smith?hill?rattay? Dorsey? Hmmmm...we haven't had a real qb since garcia left...and even he wasn't that great...match that with terrible coaching and whala! We suck and emberass ourselves every year....I say we trade the farm for luck! Fire this joke of a coach, and bring in the big guns. I don't care if we have to trade our #1,2,3, and next years #1 and 2....I WANT A REAL QB! ...and a coach. We deserve it!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:
I've been saying this all year.

No you haven't. You've said Alex sucks many times but that's about it

If you would read other posts besides the Alex ones you would notice that I have been very critical of MJ.

If you've been saying it "all year" I'm pretty sure you can easily show us some examples?

Not to mention if you have in fact been saying it all year, and do believe that our play calling is terrible, then doesn't that take away from your argument that our lack of success is all Alex's fault? You can't have it both ways...[/quote

You might be new here so you dont whats been said.

Here read this thread Im sure I called him out at some point in it. I dont care enough to look through all the pages.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=127887&page=1&highlight=mike%20johnson

I've been on here all season, and I don't recall you saying it once. But if you have I'll take your word for it. What I have read is many comments saying everything is Alex's fault.

How do you negotiate those two opposing viewpoints? It's okay to say MJ/Sing's play calling is bad, but that only proves that it's not all Alex's fault.

I never said it was ALL his fault but much of it is and was.

I wish I had the time and desire to go back and quote your posts, but I don't.

So are you now stating for the record that our lack of success is NOT all Alex's fault, and that indeed our play calling has hurt his ability to succeed?

Well it certainly hasn't helped, but why are you turning this into a Alex Smith thread ?

I'm not turning it into an Alex Smith thread, but the play calling (or lack thereof) does affect him.

I'm glad you've finally seen the light and are able to join the few others of us who see that our problems run deeper than simply our QB.

Dude I just call it like I see it. I have complaining about the coaching a for long time.

I'm looking forward to a new staff.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Bring in Mcnabb, and it's all good.

gtfo.

If the Niners sign McNabb I will puke. The guy sucks and has 0 work ethic.

He'd be a major upgrade over what we have.

The problem is you're wrong. He's actually not an upgrade....at all.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

gtfo.

If the Niners sign McNabb I will puke. The guy sucks and has 0 work ethic.

He'd be a major upgrade over what we have.

The problem is you're wrong. He's actually not an upgrade....at all.

Who are you to say he's wrong? You'll never know how mcnabb would fare here ...until next year. I wouldn't mind mcnabb over what we have...at least he isn't afraid to throw it downfield. He'd get crabs and vd involved...look at santana moss this year....he sucked ass, and all of a sudden he's having a carreer year? I don't think that's coincidental. Not to mention moss isn't $hit compared to our talent. I disagree and I think mcnabb would do great here with the talent we have...the ball would find its way to the guys who make plays. If you don't think so...so what? But what makes you right, and others wrong? Is there really any way of knowing until he plays here.? Next question
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

If you would read other posts besides the Alex ones you would notice that I have been very critical of MJ.

If you've been saying it "all year" I'm pretty sure you can easily show us some examples?

Not to mention if you have in fact been saying it all year, and do believe that our play calling is terrible, then doesn't that take away from your argument that our lack of success is all Alex's fault? You can't have it both ways...[/quote

Here read this thread Im sure I called him out at some point in it. I dont care enough to look through all the pages.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=127887&page=1&highlight=mike%20johnson

I've been on here all season, and I don't recall you saying it once. But if you have I'll take your word for it. What I have read is many comments saying everything is Alex's fault.

How do you negotiate those two opposing viewpoints? It's okay to say MJ/Sing's play calling is bad, but that only proves that it's not all Alex's fault.

So are you now stating for the record that our lack of success is NOT all Alex's fault, and that indeed our play calling has hurt his ability to succeed?

Well it certainly hasn't helped, but why are you turning this into a Alex Smith thread ?

I'm not turning it into an Alex Smith thread, but the play calling (or lack thereof) does affect him.

I'm glad you've finally seen the light and are able to join the few others of us who see that our problems run deeper than simply our QB.

Dude I just call it like I see it. I have complaining about the coaching a for long time.

We need an ex head coach OC who knows what he's doing.

If Sing wants to keep his job, he can just be a motivational speaking type coach.
Let the coaches coach or bye bye coach Sing.

if we bring in McNabb we are going 0-16 sorry. He's worse than Alex any day of the week.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Oh? Show me your logical proofs, please.

You also have a major fallacy in your logic. The team sucked with Martz, too.

Also....

• Axl49
  • Veteran
He hit it right on the Number part of me want to see VD get the f**k out to let him become a Beast TE he desereves to be but Yet I love him as our weapon and want him to stay and become the 49ers best TE. I DONT GET Y WE NEVER USE OUR players the way we are supposed to.

Mike you are a Retard. Davis is a mismatch all day. Alex is best in the spread. Westbrooke is a beast all over the field. Crabs has great YAC ability yet we dont use him either. Morgan is strong and fast yet not enough post or deep routes. Ginn is not even in most of the time to at least open up the routes underneath. Gore can do more than just run inside SO USE HIM.

GOD I HATE OUR TEAM RIGHT NOW. Glad VD is calling out the coaches for not throwing him the ball.

A. Smith had not much to do with the playcalling. But its not like we can trust em to call plays and audibles.....
Deon's quotes has Crabtree written all over. They are tight and I'm sure Crabs has spoken to Deon about this s**tty coaching.
Share 49ersWebzone