LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Deion Sanders calls playcalling....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by verb1der:
How is it a Smith who doesn't know the whole playbook have 3 wins.....and another Smith who knows the whole playbook have 2 wins?!

Is this the same reason why Sing, and his staff is confused on who starts the next game?!

are you that dense? look at the teams one smith beat over the other. Look at how both of them do vs. good teams.

So... who do you think should start the next game?

it doesn't matter. get it?

So if it doesn't matter, why not Nate Davis!!!!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:

Not to mention if you have in fact been saying it all year, and do believe that our play calling is terrible, then doesn't that take away from your argument that our lack of success is all Alex's fault? You can't have it both ways...

Actually, susweel can have it both ways. You just committed a major fallacy, my friend.

They can both suck. You just can't tell for sure if one is dragging the other down with them or not.

However, it is unlikely that Mike Johnson is a genius and Alex Smith is the reason for his failure.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

No, no I was talking Playaz.

I don't think I get it.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Umm... because you're both wrong.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
The last time our offense was a threat and starting to be impressive was in 2006 when Norv was here. That was also with less than average receivers. What this tells me is that we obviously need a top 5 OC. We have a hell of alot of talent now but no direction,philosophy and confidence in what we are doing or eachother or in coaching.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Bring in Mcnabb, and it's all good.

gtfo.

If the Niners sign McNabb I will puke. The guy sucks and has 0 work ethic.
no s**t?

gtfo.
We need an ex head coach OC who knows what he's doing.

If Sing wants to keep his job, he can just be a motivational speaking type coach.
Let the coaches coach or bye bye coach Sing.

Dude have you seen McNabb play? He used to be a very good QB, but he absolutely sucks now.
It's true and it's been that way all season.

Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

gtfo.

If the Niners sign McNabb I will puke. The guy sucks and has 0 work ethic.

He'd be a major upgrade over what we have.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
I've been saying this all year.

No you haven't. You've said Alex sucks many times but that's about it

If you would read other posts besides the Alex ones you would notice that I have been very critical of MJ.

If you've been saying it "all year" I'm pretty sure you can easily show us some examples?

Not to mention if you have in fact been saying it all year, and do believe that our play calling is terrible, then doesn't that take away from your argument that our lack of success is all Alex's fault? You can't have it both ways...

You might be new here so you dont whats been said.

Here read this thread Im sure I called him out at some point in it. I dont care enough to look through all the pages.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=127887&page=1&highlight=mike%20johnson

I've been on here all season, and I don't recall you saying it once. But if you have I'll take your word for it. What I have read is many comments saying everything is Alex's fault.

How do you negotiate those two opposing viewpoints? It's okay to say MJ/Sing's play calling is bad, but that only proves that it's not all Alex's fault.

I never said it was ALL his fault but much of it is and was.

I wish I had the time and desire to go back and quote your posts, but I don't.

So are you now stating for the record that our lack of success is NOT all Alex's fault, and that indeed our play calling has hurt his ability to succeed?

Well it certainly hasn't helped, but why are you turning this into a Alex Smith thread ?

I'm not turning it into an Alex Smith thread, but the play calling (or lack thereof) does affect him.

I'm glad you've finally seen the light and are able to join the few others of us who see that our problems run deeper than simply our QB.
We all know Crabtree and Deion are close. I wonder if Crabby tells him how it really is being a 49er
How is it a Smith who doesn't know the whole playbook have 3 wins.....and another Smith who knows the whole playbook have 2 wins?!

Is this the same reason why Sing, and his staff is confused on who starts the next game?!

are you that dense? look at the teams one smith beat over the other. Look at how both of them do vs. good teams.

So... who do you think should start the next game?

it doesn't matter. get it?

Even if I thought Davis was the next Montana I wouldn't put him out there. The 9ers can't be trusted to develop a QB under the current system they run.

There is no savior or quick fixes with this team. We need to blow up this organization. Talk about getting rid of Gore, VD, and Crabs. I say fire the entire coaching staff and front office personnel.
Share 49ersWebzone